This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Review] New Disney Blog Mermaid Video

I personally find this horribly corny and cheesy. Especially the kids forced reactions. It's too long as well. But tell me what you think.

Re: New Disney Blog Mermaid Video

Originally posted by DARTH MAUL View Post
    I personally find this horribly corny and cheesy. Especially the kids forced reactions. It's too long as well. But tell me what you think.
    By all means, you are entitled to your own opinion but to me it just seemed like a regular Disney promo video. The kids reactions seemed pretty real to me but the teenagers seemed a little "amped up". Again, I expect that with a promotional video. I don't think it was that bad.

Comment

The only thing that bugged me was the "teens" (? were they teens? the girl with the princess hat and the boy with her who was trying to hard to sound cool when singing) ...and it did seem one segment too long BUT she's my favorite, always has been so i loved the whole thing regardless... I tend to have blind love for her! haha.

Comment

Truthfully, I wish Eddie would get back to giving us news about DCA... I am kind of tired of all these promo's... Also, in my opinion, these should have come out a few weeks after the ride opened, not a month, coming on two, after its opening...
        All right, listen! I didn't want to have to do this, but you leave me no choice. Here comes the smolder.

DLR Annual Passholder, Disney nerd
        Trip Reports:
        From California to Walt Disney World: The Road to Orlando (Coming soon)

Comment

I still won't forgive WDI for removing the Ursula Climax from the show.

Comment

Originally posted by Telpeurion View Post

The ending really is weak.

Comment

It's fine.

Comment

Originally posted by DARTH MAUL View Post
                It's a promotional video! What were you expecting and why did you go through the trouble of making a thread for it?

Comment

Its Disney.........I mean what did you want? Have you not seen how they market themselves since the 90's?
                  Happy Halloween!!!

Comment

I like the part where they talk about Ursula
                    and one girl is like "I kinda like her" lol

Comment

It's typical cringe-inducing Disney.

Comment

I actually really enjoy it. And for the ending being weak, I'm fairly certain this is going to be on the new souvenir/vacation planning DVD that Disney gives away every year. It just has that look and feel to it. So instead of this being its own piece, I think it's part of the whole video.
                        If that makes sense!

Comment

Originally posted by Telpeurion View Post

While we would like, it would be pretty scarey for the rides core audience...kids.

Comment

Originally posted by agent321 View Post
                            While we would like, it would be pretty scarey for the rides core audience...kids.

Scarier than Haunted Mansion or Snow White???? Seriously??? If they've seen the movie, how scary is really gonna be??

As for the "ending being weak" I meant the ride, not the video. And I "went through the trouble" of making a thread not to bash it but bring people's attention to the latest Disney Blog update. I simply voiced my feelings of it as well.

---------- Post added 08-01-2011 at 02:13 AM ----------

Originally posted by PragmaticIdealist View Post
                            It's typical cringe-inducing Disney.
                            Clearly, I agree.

Comment

Well that explains the filming back in May/June.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X