This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Idea] Armchair Imagineering: DCA Expansion- (re) Toon Studio Tour

Since no one supported my WDS idea for a thrid gate, I'll just work some of those ideas into the existing parks. So here's TST (Toon Studio Tour) :

Name: Toon Studio Tour
    Ride Type: Projected Room Simulator
    Ride Length: around 10 minutes

The Exterior:
    The exterior of this ride will be modeled after old LA tram stations (I'll upload concept art later). In it will be part of the queue and a smoothie stand (the queue would wrap around the eating area for it) called Smooth Sailing. A dining area would be added inside and outside of the building.

The Queue:
    The queue would start off going around the eatery, and be depicted as Add. Hall for Toons to advertise what they want/have. After that you will go up stairs to the Observing Balcony, which is still in the building but guest can see the land from there. Then you will go down stairs into Von Drake's Lab of Genius where you can interact with several of his inventions he has made (inspired by his cartoons in the House of Mouse). Also in here will be protypes of trollies (the ride vehicle is one) that have not passed some of his test. TV's will dangle from the ceiling to show adds for ToonTown, but then Professor Von Drake comes on to talk about his invention. He will explain that you are his test dummies for his lastest invention, the Swiss Army Trollie (has lots of gadgets in it), and go over some of the test he's preformed with his and other trollies to show how safe and efficent it is. The Professor will say that you will journey through all of his friends famous cartoons in one trip (not actually), and explains that he's got one of his friends to be the conductor of the trollie to make sure everything goes acoording to plan. But, as fate would have it, the alarm goes off and Von Drake goes over the security footage and finds out that Pete is in the building. The Professor will reasure everyone that he has the best security in the world (it wold show Pluto and some other dogs wearing a police hat and a badge), but he begins to doubt it. Just as Von Drake finishes up, Pete sneaks into the room and turns the security alarm off, lowering prison bars that separate him and the Professor. Pete reveals that he inteads to modify the cartoons so either the hero suffers or that the villian wins. He steals a hover car Von Drake invented and goes into the portal that would send him into the cartoons. The Professor starts freaking out for awhile but then realizes that you can help him capture Pete by using the trollie. He tries to make some arrangements to find Pete and then sends you to the Hall (which is similar to Soarin's preshow room) where you will wait to board.

The Ride Vehicle:
    The ride vehicle will be a "state-of-the-art" trollie that is capible of doing almost anything. it will have 3 rows that will sit 4 people per row. The vehicle itself will be an improved EMV (similar to a Robot Arm) where the ride technology will hide under the trollie and follow an unseen track. The look of the trollies would be very similar to the old Jolly Trolly that used to be in Toontown. Also, there will be pouches in the vehicle. In the roof of the trollie will be mini TV sets (ones for every guest) to keep communication with the Professor.

The Ride:

The Load-
    The loading area (there will be 3 of them) would just be a dark room with the Cartoon-iporter (a door) in front of you, which you will go through once the "Lab Assisstant" (the CMs) gives the all clear. Then you will enter the projection room.

The Projection Room-
    The projections will be 180 degrees of the room, in 3D (won't require glasses) and would use 2D animation. A hiden unseen track will have a switch point (to allow 2 trollies to run in each room) from the loading plateform to the unloading plateform.

The Host-
    The host of the ride will be randomized between Mickey, Donald, Goofy, Oswald, Roger Rabbit, or Minnie with Daisy. They will mainly take you through their own cartoons, but some might be from other cartoons. They will be introduced as soon as the trollie goes through the teleporter, where they will board the trollie as your about to enter the cartoons.

These are the list of cartoons that will be with the host (some will be from the House of Mouse) :
    Mickey:
    Mickey's Mountain, Big House Mickey, Car Washes, The Pit Crew, Mickey's Remedy, Mickey's New Car, Mickey's Plane Kit, Plane Crazy​, The Three Musketeers​, Building Builders, Runaway Brain​, The Dog Napper, The Band Concert​, Alpine Climbers, Lonesome Ghost, Mickey's Choo-Choo, Mickey and the Bean Stalk.

Donald:
    Bird Brained Donald, Car Washers, Donald's Dinner Date, Survival of the Woodchucks, The Pit Crew, Golf Nut Donald, Donald's Goofy World, Teat Pilot Donald, The Three Musketeers, The Whalers, The Dognapper, the Band Concert, Alpine Climbers, Lonesome Ghost, Polar Trappers, Dragon Around, Mickey and the Bean Stalk, Donald's Dynamite.

Goofy:
    Car Washers, Pit Crew, Sandwich Makers, How to Wash Dishes, Goofy's Extreme Sports, The Three Musketeers, Goofy's Gliders, How to Swim, Knight for a Day, Two Gun Goofy, Motor Mania​, Goofy's Gymnastics, Goofy's Freeway Troubles, Aquamania, The Art of Skiing​, Baggage Bustle

Oswald:
    Trollie Troubles, The Mechanical Cow, Great Guns, All Wet, Tall Timber, Oh What a Knight, Rival Romeos, Sky Scrappers, The Fox Chase, Africa Before Dark

Roger Rabbit:
    Tummy Trouble, Rollercoaster Rabbit, Trail Mix-Up (the only three cartoon that featured him). Would also feature scenes in Toontown (some from Who Framed Roger Rabbit).

Minnie and Daisy:
    Daisy's Road Trip​, Purple Pluto, Runaway Brain, White Water Don, Plane Crazy, Roller Coaster Painters, Mickey to the Rescue, The Dog Napper

Note: The scenes will be randomized.

cameos in the ride, like Mortimer (Mickey's rival), Pluto, the Aracuan Bird, Ortensia and the Bunny Children (Oswald's Girlfriend and their 420 children), Max (Goofy's Son), and Jose' with Panchito (from the 3 Caballeros).

The Ending-
    The ending of the ride will be part of the randomized scenes where there are different ways that you capture Pete. One: you arrive in Steamboat Willie and Pete's vehicle is badly damaged, and you and him fall onto the boat (he will crash into the crane) and a bunch of Police cars pull up to arrest him. Two: Both vehicles are heavly damaged and fall into the Police station (Pete will land in a jail cell). Three: You crash into Von Drakes Lab and Pete lands on the table of chemicles, he would brake some, but one will cause him to shrink and the host will capture him in a glass bottle. It would also show Von Drake passing out from the crash. All versions will have the host thanking you and the trollie lower down onto the unloading plateform. Then you will exit to the Laughing Place Co. Catering (the exit gift shop).
    Met Anna and Elsa over 1100 times and not afraid to admit it. Just let it go

My YouTube account: http://www.youtube.com/user/ThomasTheImagineer

Re: Armchair Imagineering: DCA Expansion- (re) Toon Studio Tour

Sounds a lot like the old Back to the Future ride (R.I.P.) but that would probably help draw people like me in. I think the queue and random feature sounds pretty cool, I would definitely check it out. I don't think you need to build a whole new park around it though, it would be a good fit for the Millionaire soundstage

Comment

It's a very creative idea, but I think it would be much better with actual sets and AA figures. I'm really not a fan of going past a few projection screens that show classic cartoons. If you take out the projection screens and randomization and replace them with some detailed show scenes, then you'd have a pretty good idea.

Comment

I think the idea sounds good as well. I too would rather have AA then projections on screen.

Comment

That sounds fun!

Timekeeper
          sigpicNow the Tower of Sauron has fallen
          Also, this picture and my Avatar was taken with a Nintendo DSi System and Nyko Magnification Lens & Case for DSi.

Comment

Originally posted by TylerDurden View Post
            Sounds a lot like the old Back to the Future ride (R.I.P.) but that would probably help draw people like me in. I think the queue and random feature sounds pretty cool, I would definitely check it out. I don't think you need to build a whole new park around it though, it would be a good fit for the Millionaire soundstage
            I took some inspiration from it, yes (only the lab with a nerd and a chase part ).
            Thanks, Right Ear.

Originally posted by disneylandfan95 View Post
            It's a very creative idea, but I think it would be much better with actual sets and AA figures. I'm really not a fan of going past a few projection screens that show classic cartoons. If you take out the projection screens and randomization and replace them with some detailed show scenes, then you'd have a pretty good idea.
            I under stand why you'd want actuall props and AAs but the problem, and I respect that. But there would be a problem with that for this ride. For the scenery, the ride vehicles would interact with it, meaning that the trollie would brake through walls, splash in water, high speed scences, ect..... For AAs, it wouldn't work because the host is continuously hopping on and off the tram and also needs to be able to move around. So if the ride were designed like that, it would take Millionare, Monsters Inc, and part of Flynn's Aracade area. And for some strange reason I can image that, but I digress.

PS: if the animation gets as good as I want it to be (not MMclubhouse style), you wouldn't need AAs or props to make the scenes look realistic.

Thanks anyway.
            Last edited by Right Ear; 08-02-2011, 04:29 PM.

Comment

Update:
              While looking at Google Earth, I realized that there is some space over between this, Muppets, and the Greetings store. So, some of the ride and the queue will be extended into that area. I'll try to upload some concept art later.

Comment

You have a great imagination, I was able to visualize the whole thing. Sounds like a lot of fun!

Comment

/\ Thanks.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X