This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by dshimel
    Show me the quote where monorails.org said it was $88 million, because I see them saying $350 million.
    It's not tricky. Go to monorails.org and then click the link called Cost.

Meanwhile... as I said, we're talking about resort guests, not park goers. AND, we're talking about crossing two major streets which, as you yourself said, trams can't do.

Anyway, once again, let's just get back to the topic.
    See, George Lucas? I'm not the only one! [<-- i.e. this is not my site]
    78 Reasons To Hate Star Wars Episode 1

"There are fashions in reading, even in thinking. You don't have to follow them unless you want to."

"A lot of young people think the future is closed to them, that everything has been done. This is not so. There are still plenty of avenues to be explored."

-- Walt Disney

Comment

• I don't think we need an L.A. themed area.... personally.

Sorry J Spider... go see the real thing when you're in Southern CA.

Comment

• Originally posted by CaliforniaAdventurer
        I don't think we need an L.A. themed area.... personally.

Sorry J Spider... go see the real thing when you're in Southern CA.
        Yeah, I think the majority of LA is kinda covered by HPB, from a tourist perspective.
        See, George Lucas? I'm not the only one! [<-- i.e. this is not my site]
        78 Reasons To Hate Star Wars Episode 1

"There are fashions in reading, even in thinking. You don't have to follow them unless you want to."

"A lot of young people think the future is closed to them, that everything has been done. This is not so. There are still plenty of avenues to be explored."

-- Walt Disney

Comment

• Re: Possible DCA Expansion Themes

Is it true that Paradise Pier will be more 1920s themed or is that only a rumor?

Comment

I'm fairly sure I read in one of Al's updates that after the "beautification project" currently underway in HPB, a possibe area to receive detail work and changes is Paradise Pier, to be a more accurate-to-history seaside amusement park of the early 1900's as opposed to the rather contemporary version present now. I am not sure how much confirmation backs up the statement, but I would definitely welcome such a plan, and if TDA knows what they're doing it is probably the smart thing to do. Some other things Al mentioned was an improved Sunshine Plaza and a re-themed Condor Flats. I think at this point in time, it is more important to fix the problems in the existing areas of DCA before new areas/lands/attractions are added. We saw how much of a change the E-ticket HToT did to park attendance.

Comment

They need to remove Rt 66 and make the area San Fransisco. Or they they can do this in the place where the Incredibles ride is set to be. Id love to see a water coaster like they have at seaworld, but with an Alcatraz theme. Imagine the showroom in the center of an enlarged lagoon, the waves crashing against the rocky base of the forboding prison.

And as for a Gold Rush expansion, I would like it to be in the forested area but the genious at Disney decided to build a giant hotel inside a park that was already too small to begin with.
              Women, they make the highs higher and the lows more frequent.

Comment

It is too small....

I think a WINTER SPORTS area would be fun, with the Blizzard Beach style snow covered roofs and a big mountain with some sort of ride(s) based on skiing, snowboarding etc. You could ride a ski chair up the mountain and stand on your feet with skis in tracks and have a skitopia ride maybe. You just stay standing up and it takes you skiing down the track.

Of course you have to be able to stay standing on your own feet to ride. If you're too small, too weak, too fat, sorry you can't ride. But 99% of us could!

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                Working...
                X