Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] What's going on with Hollywood Land?

Looking at concept art for Hollywood Land, I've noticed a few things that are rather different than what we have now. Some of them include a proper exterior for the Hyperion, the Hollywoodland sign (Is it a new mural?), a diner in place of Disney Junior, a sign reading "The Egyptian," and the words "Big Band" written on the Animation building's "spire." And of course there's a red car going down the street. My question is does anyone know anything about plans for Hollywood Land? What do Imagineers have in store for us other than a new name?
    "Y'all come back now, ya hear?"

Re: What's going on with Hollywood Land?

There are some big plans for Hollywoodland.

What concept art are you referencing?

Comment

It's a really early one. I can't find the link to it right now (At dinner) so I'll post it in a little bit. It's one of the first they released.

Comment

The remodel you speak of may be further detailed at this year's D23 as Phase 2 of the reconstruction plans.

Comment

Originally posted by Telpeurion View Post
          The remodel you speak of may be further detailed at this year's D23 as Phase 2 of the reconstruction plans.
          Unfortunately, nobody really knows for sure what the Parks and Resorts keynote will contain anymore. Due to leaks, the entire keynote has been redone and only a few top people really know what will be announced.

Comment

We can only hope to get some really cool news.

Hollywoodland california adventure image by futureimagineer on Photobucket

Comment

Are you referring to the entire re-theming? Because I believe it's meant to be an interpretation of the "golden age" of Hollywood rather than a cartoonish version of Hollywood as it is today... Should be rather neat! I'm excited to hear more about it from D23 as well.
              -The MiceChatter formerly known as indyjn511

---That goat has dynamite!---

Comment

Who knows but I hope they do something with the corner of that area that has nothing in it. I speak of the area with Monsters INC and Muppets and currently Flynn's arcade. I actually like Monsters INC the ride but it could go away or move just to make something more useful. I am ok with Muppets going away and only being in Orlando. the space is so big and misused. I think a hollywoodland sign is in order somewhere in the horizon. Not a mural a real one would be sweet imo.
                These are some of my favorite TRs I have posted

DL 55th BDAY trip report
                My company had a special night at the park
                WdW trip report with WWoHP
                NYE 2011 trip report
                Mice Chat 7th anniversary
                Leap year 24 hour report
                New DCA trip report
                NYE 2012
                HKDL trip report

Comment

If you watch the first Blue Sky Cellar video, you will see glimpses of models for Hollywoodland. One in particular is the model for a new facade for the Hyperion Theater. Isn't the Disney Theater where the Disney Junior show is along the lines of what they plan to do with Hollywoodland with its re-theme?

At 1:05, you'll see the reveal of the new Hyperion Theater facade. I think it's supposed to be getting a proper lobby as well. I hope they put a model of Buena Vista Street in the Blue Sky Cellar sometime after the D23 Expo is over.

Comment

Originally posted by MANEATINGWREATH View Post
                    Maybe its my eyes but the "Diner" and "Eygyptain" looked photoshopped! Is it just me? Because in another art it says "Live" not "Diner"

Found the real art! I'm pretty sure the art you have is photoshopped!

http://micechat.com/forums/members/m...3;-disney.html

Looks like the art you found was posted by someone on here through armchair imaginearing!
                    Last edited by Dlandclub33; 08-02-2011, 06:37 PM. Reason: Found real art

Comment

Originally posted by Dlandclub33 View Post
                      Maybe its my eyes but the "Diner" and "Eygyptain" looked photoshopped! Is it just me? Because ina nother art it says "Disney" not "Diner"

definitely look photoshopped

Comment

I think Hollywoodland theme change is one of those slowly but surely things. The removed the HPB sign arch. They just redid (this past Spring) the entire facade of the Disney Theatre (where Disney Jr. is) to be more 1940's themed. The RCT tracks are laid throughout the land. I'm sure one day we'll get that great facade for the Hyperion shown in that concept art

Comment

Just putting it out there, but Steve Davison's not making it to D23 this year. Bummer! His presentations were so fun to watch and amazing! A great example of an Imagineer that loves his job. Well there aren't any spectaculars/ entertainments coming to the resort any time soon, so I can see why he won't be coming.

Comment

Thanks for posting the real concept art. I knew there was something fishy about it...

Comment

Maybe it was put out to deter people from knowing what is really going on? I just don't see why someone would take the time to do something like that.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X