Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How much it changed since 1992 Fantasmic!

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Fun] How much it changed since 1992 Fantasmic!

Part 1: ‪Fantasmic! June 1992 part one‬‏ - YouTube

Part 2: ‪Fantasmic! June 1992 part two‬‏ - YouTube

Part 3: ‪Fantasmic! June 1992 part three‬‏ - YouTube

For those who cant tell the difference, watch videos from this year or last year.
    http://www.facebook.com/#!/michael.ebba

Re: How much it changed since 1992 Fantasmic!

My problem is how little it's changed. No new scenes, no major additions. Its the same show that opened nearly 20 years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Ice101 View Post
      My problem is how little it's changed. No new scenes, no major additions. Its the same show that opened nearly 20 years ago.
      I think its because it still gives the "wow" factor to guests and it just needs or needed upgrades, thats it. Also I dont know if additional scenes or major additions should be added, because that would just drag the show on a bit too long imo, kinda like with WDW Fantasmic.

Comment

Originally posted by Ice101 View Post
        I honestly don't believe in change for the sake of change. The show still gets a full audience and a loud cheer at the end. The show is still great and still has the ability to tug at one's heart.

Comment

and its a way better show than woc.

Comment

Originally posted by Donald1980 View Post
            I honestly don't believe in change for the sake of change. The show still gets a full audience and a loud cheer at the end. The show is still great and still has the ability to tug at one's heart.
            I agree.

---------- Post added 08-03-2011 at 02:28 PM ----------

Originally posted by Rex Dopey24 View Post
            and its a way better show than woc.
            I do prefer Fantasmic over WoC.

Comment

It is absolutely better than WOC. I just love Fantasmic! Great show. Although, a few minor changes (I have nothing particular in mind) could keep it fresh. I would hate for it to go because it is too old...

Comment

In my mind, entertainment is not the same as attractions. Attractions should remain for decades, after a show has reached the 10 year mark, it's gotta go. I don't see how Fantasmic is different than any parade, firework show, stage show, etc.

Comment

I really think Fantasmic is a work of art that can stand on it's own, that it doesn't need to be changed or updated. I liken changing Fantasmic to going back and trying to change an animated classic.

However, I'm surprised they haven't added in anything over the years, even temporary. I know it's easier to switch up the WoC programing and add in new things to promote like Tron and Pirates, but Disney hasn't really used Fantasmic for this purpose, have they?

Comment

As it stands, the projector only scenes are the weakest. The Monstro and Chernabog parts come to mind. I don't say remove them, but offer something tangible to look at.

Comment

In my opinion, Fantasmic! still stands strong, as it was an expertly created show and it is really emotional and magical. However, like others have said, it could use a few new scenes. The only things that have changed are the exchange of Ursula for Flotsam and Jetsam, new Tick-Tock and Maleficent, some show updates, and the characters on the Mark Twain. I wish they would go back to having random characters instead of the same lineup every night with the occasional understudy characters (i.e. Clarabelle, Baloo, Esmeralda).

Comment

Originally posted by Telpeurion View Post
                        As it stands, the projector only scenes are the weakest. The Monstro and Chernabog parts come to mind. I don't say remove them, but offer something tangible to look at.
                        What do you have in mind?

Comment

I like Fantasmic and WOC very much. (I had to defend WOC.)

Comment

Fantasmic is a classic like the electrical parade.. witch will never go away because Fantasmic and the electrical parade are the best night time entertainment disney has ever done.. woc will some day be at the level.. Fan! will have its own poster under the train station someday.. the only thing it needs changed it the fountains it needs an upgrade.. witch it will probably get the next time rivers of america gets an refurb.

Comment

Originally posted by magicaldisney77 View Post
                              Fantasmic is a classic like the electrical parade.. witch will never go away because Fantasmic and the electrical parade are the best night time entertainment disney has ever done.. woc will some day be at the level.. Fan! will have its own poster under the train station someday.. the only thing it needs changed it the fountains it needs an upgrade.. witch it will probably get the next time rivers of america gets an refurb.
                              I agree with that. If they get new fountains, I hope they are better and are noticable as fountains like WDW fantasmic is. You can really tell those are fountains because (IMO) how simple they look. Takes away a bit of the magic IMO.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X