This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• News Pirates of the Caribbean Refurb

I'm not sure if this has been tossed around here before, but on or about September 6th, to about early December, Pirates of the Caribbean will be closed for refurbishment.

I don't know of any show enhancements coming (I would assume there would be some), but the focus will be on repairing the faux rockwork and tree supports (as well as waterproofing them), and installing water circulation/treatment pumps. If I find out any more information regarding the refurb, I shall post it here.

Re: Pirates of the Caribbean Refurb

I wonder if the treatment pumps will make the chlorine smell go down at all?
    My friends usually complain that it smells like dirty people on that ride (LOL how authentic!) but personally I always feel sick from the chlorine smell.

I think they need to fix the wheels on the boats one of these days. I can't tell you how many times I've been trapped on that ride because one of the boats got stuck on the tracks from a misaligned wheel.

Comment

Wow...I never noticed the smell (not like chlorine at least) or gotten stuck on this ride.

Comment

Actually, they're putting in a loop.

---------- Post added 08-08-2011 at 01:12 PM ----------

Actually, really this time, Dateline Disneyland says closed from 9/7 - 11/23 to be precise.

Comment

Rats. I'm going to be there for our anniversary at the end of October. I'll miss being able to ride it.
          sigpic
          Hidden Mickey - Historical fiction about Walt that mixes action and mystery with time travel and fantasy! Tweens to adults will enjoy these novels. And now, three gamebooks to play in Disneyland, DCA and WDW Magic Kingdom!

Check out my six action/adventure novels about Walt's lost diary and his epic quest. Visit my blog page!

Sometimes Dead Men DO Tell Tales!

Comment

I actually enjoy the chlorine smell in the caves (for whatever reason).

And I wasn't aware there were wheels on the boats in POTC. I was under the impression they were free floating, with only rails the boats ran through..? Nonetheless, I've never been stuck on pirates. I've sat for a bit at the traffic jam to get up the boat ramp at the end though (if that counts).

As for the refurb, I hope they touch up some of the AA's as well. Last time I went, a few of them seemed like they needed a tune-up/make-up.
            -Brian - Find me on Facebook

Comment

Hopefully it's not to add Orlando Bloome alongside Jonny Depp.
              "Greetings, Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada."

Comment

I love the smell, I really hope it doesn't go away! It's such a great, nostalgic detail of Disneyland, the Disneyland smell

---------- Post added 08-08-2011 at 02:38 PM ----------

Originally posted by calsig31 View Post
                Hopefully it's not to add Orlando Bloome alongside Jonny Depp.
                I'd rather have seen Orlando Bloom originally, instead of Depp. He was way better in the three movies, it was upsetting that they did a movie without the two most important characters in the series.

Comment

Dang!!! Right around the time I'll be there. Not looking forward to missing this ride!!!!

http://www.amazon.com/Rent-A-Cops-ebook/dp/B00CGP2Y8S/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1367081996&sr=8-1&keywords=rentacops

Comment

Well, I for one, would be grateful for something to remove the smell. First time I rode the ride (last year) I wasn't prepared for the smell and I had a hard time breathing it initially.

That in turn prompted an anxiety attack.

2nd time I rode I expected it so it wasn't as nearly as bad.
                    The Chadwick's Online Photo & Video Galleries
                    DLR: 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2015
                    DCL: Alaska Cruise Aboard Disney Wonder 2013
                    Planned Trip: DLR August 2017 & WDW March 2019

Very Happy Disney Vacation Club Member Since 2010
                    270 Points at The Villas at Disney's Grand Californian Hotel & Spa

Comment

I have no idea what chlorine smell you guys are talking about. When I walk into Pirates, it smells musty to me, not like chlorine.

Comment

I dont know about you Micechatters, but I for one LOVE the smell of POTC
                        http://www.facebook.com/#!/michael.ebba

Comment

^^ I agree. I don't smell chlorine. My SO works for a pool store so it's a smell I am more than familiar with.

I was really bummed when I found out POTC would be closed while we're there in Nov. Oh well. We'll just have to go again so he can see the changes. lol

Enjoying the warmth and sunshine of Phoenix between Disney trips.

Comment

Originally posted by SeaCastle View Post
                            I'm not sure if this has been tossed around here before, but on or about September 6th, to about early December, Pirates of the Caribbean will be closed for refurbishment.

I don't know of any show enhancements coming (I would assume there would be some), but the focus will be on repairing the faux rockwork and tree supports (as well as waterproofing them), and installing water circulation/treatment pumps. If I find out any more information regarding the refurb, I shall post it here.
                            What are the tree supports?

Comment

^Maybe the ones in the Blue Bayou?<br>
                              Anyways, I never noticed the chlorine smell<br>
                              But I do like the smell before you enter the building

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X