Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why doesn't DCA have at least one of these?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Why doesn't DCA have at least one of these?

Why doesn't DCA have at least ONE of these? It's not really very big, and it adds to the theme, so just what am I talking about . . . .

Well, we all know Paradise Pier is suppose to be themed to something like this. Yeah, DCA has the coaster and the ferris wheel so it's not those things. Ok, yes, Paradise Pier misses the boat on the look of a BIG sandy beach, BUT I'm looking for something quite a bit smaller. Let's take a closer look!

Now we can see some of the details. Yes, the dolphin topiaries are cute, and they could add to the atmosphere, but that's not what I'm looking at, either. Go in a little further . .. .

There it is, Zoltar, famous for the backstory in the Tom Hanks movie "Big", and more recently, a big part of the storyline for an episode of Wizards of Waverly Place.

It's not that big and it does add to the atmophere, even to a place as unimaginitive as Paradise Pier. And yes, Disneyland has placed similar types of experiences in appropriate places: The Fotune Teller on Main Street, Fortunes Red near Pieces of Eight in New Orleans Square, Aladdin's other Magic Lamp and Shrunken Ned in Adventureland.

But in DCA, nothing like this is to be found, not even in Paradise Pier, where it would fit in, and add to that area. Hopefully, DCA will continue to add more things, even little things, because DCA STILL desperately needs it.
    Critter Country's a mess ev'r since the Country Bears were kicked out. Ya can't cover pooh with honey and 'spect people ta like it.
    An Adventurers It's Time to Put the Spotlight Back on Bring Back the REAL Disney Gallery
    Life for Me! ~ ~ ~ Melvin, Buff, and Max!!! ~~~~ Dump the Dream Suite!
    Meese-ka Moose-ka Mice-Chatter!

Re: Why doesn't DCA have at least one of these?

that looks nice.

Comment

Yes, but if they had this, then everyone's children would wake up as adults in the morning and get jobs with toy companies.
      "Greetings, Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada."

Comment

Originally posted by Aladdin View Post
        ...It's not that big and it does add to the atmophere, even to a place as unimaginitive as Paradise Pier. And yes, Disneyland has placed similar types of experiences in appropriate places: The Fotune Teller on Main Street, Fortunes Red near Pieces of Eight in New Orleans Square, Aladdin's other Magic Lamp and Shrunken Ned in Adventureland...
        My sister's a huge fan of Esmeralda's fortune's, I just noticed the one in NOS the last time I went (I never really looked for him or anything). What are these other two you mention, though?

Oh, and it does seem like a natural addition to Paradise Pier. I'd rather throw 50 cents away on a fortune than play a midway game.

Comment

From the first photo, I thought you meant an actual beach.

California has approximately 450 named beaches, yet there is not one grain of sand at Disney California Adventure.

Comment

DCA does have it's itty-bitty beach:

Comment

You're right, sorry my bad. Too bad you can't actually touch it! Does it have a name?

Comment

I vote for "Itty-Bitty Beach"

Comment

What metal friend does DCA really need right now?

DESTINI!

Comment

DCA was such a nice quiet place before the makeover. The first picture really brought back nice memories of undisturbed walks through DCA, plenty of open space to walk with my wife and daughter, hand in hand, without having to uncouple. It was nice to relive those special memories.
                    I am old. But still love Disneyland.

Comment

I like the idea of having a machine at DCA that is like the fortune teller et al. You have my vote. I shall give my vote as well for adding sand in appropriate areas there as well.
                      Follies of the Living..............Concerns of the Dead

Comment

Originally posted by bayouguy View Post
                        DCA was such a nice quiet place before the makeover. The first picture really brought back nice memories of undisturbed walks through DCA, plenty of open space to walk with my wife and daughter, hand in hand, without having to uncouple. It was nice to relive those special memories.
                        Yeah... I'm not sure Disney misses those days as much as we do though. )

Comment

i love the beach and sand. it would be cool to have a little set up where u can lay in the sand and watch WOC. but then there would have to be a fence cause what little kid wouldnt jump in the water so they can swim with colorful fountain with buzz on it. hahahaha

Comment

I suspect that the lack of an accessable beach is down to housekeeping. Sand gets everywhere!
                            WDW - 1987 & 1991
                            DLP - 1996, 2004, 2006 & 2007
                            DLR - October 2011

Comment

yeah imagine trying to get that sand out of your shoes!!!!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X