Announcement

Collapse

Your Assistance Please

We need your help to battle spammers and also to keep our community user friendly.
PLEASE BE KIND TO OTHERS - Refrain from personal attacks. Avoid politics and harsh language whenever possible. If someone is violating our simple rules, DO NOT confront them, simply report the post.
STOP SPAMMERS - Report the post. DO NOT respond to them.

2017 is a year of renewal for us, we have lots of exciting changes on the way for you, but we don't have time to deal with trolls and spammers. If you find yourself suspended and need to plead your case, you will need to do so after your suspension. We are happy to address your concerns if you made a simple mistake. However, please note that those with a history of bad behavior and pushing our rules to the limit will not be given the courtesy of a reply.

MiceChat offers a number of ways for you to communicate and get involved. We offer Facebook Groups and Pages, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest accounts. We have a front page filled with amazing content. We offer weekly meetups in the parks. Meets and events all over the world. Podcasts and videos. And we continue to maintain forums for your posting convenience. But with all those options, we can't be everywhere all the time. We need YOUR help. Please don't poke the trolls. Report posts and leave reputation. We'll do our best to keep the forums clean and active, but we can't do so without your help.

Thank you for your support folks, it's going to be a really fantastic year in the MiceChat world.
See more
See less

Class of ...???

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Class of ...???

    The Class of 2005 (or 2002, or whatever) on CM's nametags. Is that the year that they were hired? Or does it represent something else. I know that it is not high school or college dates, since we've seen older CM's with recent years on them.

    Just wondering...

    I started noticing them this past week while at the Parks, and was surprised at how many were dated 2005. If it is related to the hiring date, there are a LOT of new-hires working the Parks. I recall that the oldest date was 1996 (that I was able to see).

    Thanks!

  • #2
    Re: Class of ...???

    Usually that's what it is. You can thank most of the class of 2005s on PRESENTEEISM!

    There are still a couple CMs at DLR who have been there for 20-30 years, though

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Class of ...???

      Class of XXXX is the hire year. I believe 1956 is the oldest Class date on a nametag that still works at the park. Chances of guest seeing this person is rare. It belongs to Oscar and he works in one of the kitchens in the park. I used to see him around the Plaza Inn or at the Inn Between. It was meant to be a different type of conversation starter for the 50th.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Class of ...???

        Its not just the year they started working, its the year that they graduated "Traditions", the Disney course that you have to take before working there.
        Disneyland Wooooh!

        "You see- Everybody's got a laughin' place, trouble is most folks won't take the time to go look for it."

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Class of ...???

          Originally posted by NavyCopSB
          Class of XXXX is the hire year. I believe 1956 is the oldest Class date on a nametag that still works at the park. Chances of guest seeing this person is rare. It belongs to Oscar and he works in one of the kitchens in the park. I used to see him around the Plaza Inn or at the Inn Between. It was meant to be a different type of conversation starter for the 50th.
          Oscar's usually backstage at Carnation Cafe
          Last edited by matterhornmaniac; 12-06-2005, 07:12 PM.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Class of ...???

            Originally posted by NavyCopSB
            Class of XXXX is the hire year. I believe 1956 is the oldest Class date on a nametag that still works at the park. Chances of guest seeing this person is rare. It belongs to Oscar and he works in one of the kitchens in the park. I used to see him around the Plaza Inn or at the Inn Between. It was meant to be a different type of conversation starter for the 50th.


            This is my wife and son with Oscar on July 17, 2005. It was at Carnation Cafe.

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Class of ...???

              I remember Oscar! When my boyfriend and I ate breakfast at Carnation Cafe, he came around and asked us how we were doing and how the food was...I think we ordered Oscar's Special or something that that, and it was excellent! Anyway....back on topic...kind of...what exactly is "Traditions"?
              MCDADMCA

              ^clicky clicky^

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Class of ...???

                There was a woman in ToT that had one on that said class of 1970. She was one of the oldest ones I had seen.

                I did not mean that as a put-down. I meant the pin. She was young and spry looking.

                Peace,
                Roo
                husband, petowner, wordsmith, imagineer, martialist, playwright, traveller, ardent, wit, critic, barista, Taoist, superhero, fortuneteller, reader, fidget, teacher, dreamer, author, blogger, ghosthunter, voter, patient, bear, gourmand, Floridian, friend

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Class of ...???

                  Originally posted by MissChristine
                  Anyway....back on topic...kind of...what exactly is "Traditions"?
                  Traditions is a Orientation that all new CM's go through. I went through in 92.
                  So, I can only say what they used to do...not how it is today but I was wondering if it has changed any.

                  They used to take place on Saturdays and Sundays. Dress was "professional"(suits for the guys). You got your name Badge, ID card. They talked about the history of DL and Disney. Some other products that Disney owns. They teach the "two finger point" basic guest relations stuff. Basic crap like that.

                  Then you take a tour of the park, both on stage and off. They explain the "threater symbolism" of the front gates and outer lobby before Main Street. Show the fake candy smell by the candy shop, the names are credits on the windows, other stuff like like. Also, showed where locker rooms were, where to clock in. ect

                  Then we had a boxed lunch. Then we took a second tour, but for the second tour, you only went with people from who would be working in your department. On this tour, they took us to see where the department office was, and some different things you would need just for your department.

                  The whole Taditions class took about 8 hours, if I remember correctly.

                  In how, that is how it was done, "back in the day".
                  Jeff made me famous!
                  From the Mouth of the Mouse.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Class of ...???

                    I saw lots of "class of 2005" before PRESENTEEISM went into effect. I think this is normal.

                    In fact, I think that presenteeism should make the older generation more noticable. All the new hires might get fired as compared to the oldies who know exactly what they are doing and have showed up on time for 20+ years. They wont get fired.



                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Class of ...???

                      Thanks everyone!

                      Next visit to the Park, I will keep my eyes open for the older ones to see how far back I can get. Maybe I'll even order an Oscar Special for breakfast!

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Class of ...???

                        Yup... it's the year of the current tenure's hire date.

                        Currently mine says 2005 because I'm a rehire this year in May... but my original hire date is 1994 (which I'm still trying to get a nametag of). I think it's stupid that they don't at least take into account your prior service when it comes to the "Class of..." designation.
                        Burnt Toast
                        The Magic Begins With Me...! 8:P

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Class of ...???

                          i think its so cool that they have those name tags with their year

                          Orlando doing good
                          http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=9a0_1212091354&p=1

                          www.Myspace.com/butterflytat20
                          Princess of Randomness

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Class of ...???

                            Originally posted by Garrett240
                            Traditions is a Orientation that all new CM's go through. I went through in 92.
                            So, I can only say what they used to do...not how it is today but I was wondering if it has changed any.

                            They used to take place on Saturdays and Sundays. Dress was "professional"(suits for the guys). You got your name Badge, ID card. They talked about the history of DL and Disney. Some other products that Disney owns. They teach the "two finger point" basic guest relations stuff. Basic crap like that.

                            Then you take a tour of the park, both on stage and off. They explain the "threater symbolism" of the front gates and outer lobby before Main Street. Show the fake candy smell by the candy shop, the names are credits on the windows, other stuff like like. Also, showed where locker rooms were, where to clock in. ect

                            Then we had a boxed lunch. Then we took a second tour, but for the second tour, you only went with people from who would be working in your department. On this tour, they took us to see where the department office was, and some different things you would need just for your department.

                            The whole Taditions class took about 8 hours, if I remember correctly.

                            In how, that is how it was done, "back in the day".
                            it's still the same

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Class of ...???

                              Except for the box lunch part. We had cards that looked like park admission passes that were good for $10 at which ever StarzDiner your group was scheduled to go.

                              And the workcenter orientation was another day they called line of business. After the tour of the park there was some team building exercises and guest interaction role playing.

                              Comment

                              Ad Widget

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X