This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• News The new, temporary entrance to DCA

Another part of Disney's California Adventure faded into history. The old entry plaza has finally been closed off in order to make way for the brand new opening act to the reinvented park. When the construction walls come down a brand new area, Buena Vista Street, will depict the Los Angeles of the 1920's much like what it was when Walt Disney first came to California.

In order to complete this task, a new pathway has been established that winds from just inside the new Pan-Pacific entrance to the far side of the Soarin' over California show building.

The path leads to the right of the DCA entrance and into a once, backstage area.

Once into actual "Backstage" you will come across a temporary guest relations office.

Light towers along the route.

Most interesting is the amount of fresh landscaping and guide rails that went into this substitute entrance/exit.

We round the Soarin' Show building and are now facing into DCA towards Grizzly River Rapids. A temporary archway welcomes visitors and leads guests further in.

At the end of the path, signs give directions

Another Guest relations kiosk has been installed in the old smoking area behind Grizzly.

But how do guests get out now? Pretty much the same way. Heading out, there is a digital screen in the temporary archway that directs guests out the way they came. But when World of Color let's out guests will exit straight ahead between La Brea Bakery and World of Disney in Downtown Disney.

The pathway through the center of the park is still open for now. But Greetings from California is all gone now.

"All my life I've had one dream, to achieve my many goals.
    Homer Jay Simpson

Re: The new, temporary entrance to DCA

Looks very cool although I can see park hopping being a bit harder, and there being traffic jams with entering/exiting traffic throughout the day.

Do they have dividers set up for Incoming/Outgoing traffic?

Comment

Well I'll say this for them, they've certainly got it all well laid out and sign posted. (As you'd expect I suppose).

Sure its a pain in the proverbial but it'll be sure worth it once Buena Vista Street is open.
      sigpic

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." -
      Walt Disney

Comment

Wow, they put a LOT more into that backstage path than I ever dreamed they would. I guess with it being open for 9ish months it does need to look better than your average detour, but still. Great job. Thanks for the photos.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

Comment

Landscaping, fencing and those nice blue walls - looks pretty top-notch to me! Thanks for the pics!

I guess they didn't quite finish adorning the new walls in front of CCT. I can't imagine it will be more than a few days before they open that up.

Comment

I can't wait for Buena Vista St. to open. It looked really cool when it was presented at the D23 Expo.
            Be Content with what you have; rejoice in the way things are. When you realize there is nothing lacking, the whole world belongs to you.
            Lao Tzu

Comment

Thanks for the photos, Fishbulb! They made that whole backstage entrance look awesome for being just a temporary entrance.
              Can't wait for the walls to come down, though.

Comment

Remember they had to turn a whole "backstage" area in to an "onstage" area. There was a lot to hide. They did a great job with the landscaping!
                Last edited by Dustysage; 08-29-2011, 12:31 PM.

Comment

Good stuff! When will that middle section in Sunshine close? Anyone know?

Comment

Wonderful job! Thanks so much. (I even see myself in one of the pics busily tweeting my crappy pics )

Comment

Fishy, thank you so much for getting up early to run out to the resort and post these pictures.

Looks like Disney did more than an adequate job considering this is just temporary. I was surprised to see so much landscaping! Well done.
                      MiceChat 101: Be NICE! If you don't play well with others, you are in the wrong sandbox.

Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

Comment

Judging from the awesome photos (good job fishbulb!) this temp. entrance will not be as bad as i thought it was going to be. I think that they are handling this very well for crowd capacity etc. Yes the wall may be ugly to look at for some people,but think in a year it will be done and this is for us, us park guests! I am truly excited and can't wait to see the temp entrance for myself! :yea:

Comment

Originally posted by OnTheThirdFloor View Post
                          Wonderful job! Thanks so much. (I even see myself in one of the pics busily tweeting my crappy pics )
                          Your photos were great and you were also first!

Comment

They did a fantastic job with the TEMP-RANCE.

Yep I just made a new word. I also love the attraction posters. Perhaps this could be foreshaddowing that BVS will have some sort of attraction posters located in it's midst.

Comment

I loved how they were able to make the temp route pleasing. Sure the crowding problems will be crazy, but if this means for a brand new entrance area, then i'm all for it. Can't wait to check this out soon.

The world is a treasure trove of places.
                              The colors of Earth, Sea and Sky. Beauty i'm told, is ours to behold. In the wonderful world of color.
                              Indy Ride Count: 2211
                              World of Color Count: 74

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X