Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Registrations

All new user registrations require email verification. Please make sure that micechat.com is not blocked. Approvals are done at least once per day, but they can't be done for accounts that have not verified their email address.
2 of 2 < >

Your Assistance Please

We need your help to battle spammers and also to keep our community user friendly.
PLEASE BE KIND TO OTHERS - Refrain from personal attacks. Avoid politics and harsh language whenever possible. If someone is violating our simple rules, DO NOT confront them, simply report the post.
STOP SPAMMERS - Report the post. DO NOT respond to them.

2017 is a year of renewal for us, we have lots of exciting changes on the way for you, but we don't have time to deal with trolls and spammers. If you find yourself suspended and need to plead your case, you will need to do so after your suspension. We are happy to address your concerns if you made a simple mistake. However, please note that those with a history of bad behavior and pushing our rules to the limit will not be given the courtesy of a reply.

MiceChat offers a number of ways for you to communicate and get involved. We offer Facebook Groups and Pages, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest accounts. We have a front page filled with amazing content. We offer weekly meetups in the parks. Meets and events all over the world. Podcasts and videos. And we continue to maintain forums for your posting convenience. But with all those options, we can't be everywhere all the time. We need YOUR help. Please don't poke the trolls. Report posts and leave reputation. We'll do our best to keep the forums clean and active, but we can't do so without your help.

Thank you for your support folks, it's going to be a really fantastic year in the MiceChat world.
See more
See less

So, how did Disneyland handle the blackout?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] So, how did Disneyland handle the blackout?

I haven't seen any talk of it since I got power back here, but I saw Orange County had been hit also. Curious as to if DL went down as well.

Re: So, how did Disneyland handle the blackout?

Disneyland was unaffected. Anaheim owns its own utility company and was not affected by the SD outage.

Comment

Nope--no blackout. And the number of redundant power systems at the DLR is kind of insane.

Comment

It seem to have only been in So OC , San Diego, Mexico , Palm Springs. Not N OC
        disney lady

Comment

not here in central oc either. not affected at all.only the south parts of oc and towards south.

Comment

The only areas of OC that were effected were those areas handled by SDG&E - which is basically extreme South County. The majority of OC is handled by Southern California Edison, except for Anaheim which like Los Angeles has it's own power company. Anaheim was nowhere near the area effected by the blackout.

Comment

We seriously thought about going to DLR because we knew there would be power there. Just did not want to deal with the traffic.

Comment

I am across the street from the Mickey and Friends structure, no power outage here...I do wonder if I am on the same grid as the park?

Comment

Originally posted by GregC View Post
                  I am across the street from the Mickey and Friends structure, no power outage here...I do wonder if I am on the same grid as the park?
                  Anaheim wasn't effected. My sister lives there, too.

Comment

Good to know, I can only imagine the logistics nightmare of evacuating every single ride at the same time and getting people out of the parks.

Comment

Originally posted by noleafclover1980 View Post
                      Good to know, I can only imagine the logistics nightmare of evacuating every single ride at the same time and getting people out of the parks.
                      hahaha yeaaaa, no bueno!

Comment

To Anaheim Public Utilities, "blackout" is a foreign word.
                        WELCOME ABOARD
                        THE DISNEYLAND MONORAIL SYSTEM!

Comment

That made me wonder what happens if the power goes out in Anaheim? Like if their power company has a big problem that takes 2 days to fix. Does DLR have its own power plant? I'm sure they have backup generators, but what about an entire day of downtime for Anaheim, can DLR handle that? CAN IT?!

Comment

Originally posted by brian11811 View Post
                            That made me wonder what happens if the power goes out in Anaheim? Like if their power company has a big problem that takes 2 days to fix. Does DLR have its own power plant? I'm sure they have backup generators, but what about an entire day of downtime for Anaheim, can DLR handle that? CAN IT?!
                            Disneyland has backups for emergency power and emergency facilities but it doesn't have long term power generators for the attractions and stores. Most attractions trip a APD if the power goes out (Automatic Power Disconnect). The CM's evac the respective attractions, and then take turns standing out front explaining that the power is out and the attraction is down for an indefinite period of time.

Contrary to popular belief power outages do happen in Anaheim, and they can take portions of the park, or even the entire park, down. It isn't exactly "fun" for CM's either. When the power goes out you end up with a MASSIVE crowd of people dumped out into the walkways. Most of them frustrated, and as time passes and they realize nothing is open frustration quickly turns to anger. To a guest, seeing the majority of a crew standing outside the attraction gives the appearance that no one is "doing anything". Once the power comes back on there is a "mad dash" to the larger attractions and equal amounts of venting from those in line as those who were evac'd use re-ad's for priority boarding. Suddenly the crew that was previously explaining the attraction is down is now busy trying to bring the attraction back online and up to full capacity. "Mess" is a nice way of putting it.
                            "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

sigpic

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

Comment

We were in Disneyland once when all of Tomorrowland went dark. Was very odd seeing activity elsewhere and all the shops and ride dark there only.
                              sigpic
                              Hidden Mickey - Historical fiction about Walt that mixes action and mystery with time travel and fantasy! Tweens to adults will enjoy these novels. And now, three gamebooks to play in Disneyland, DCA and WDW Magic Kingdom!

Check out my six action/adventure novels about Walt's lost diary and his epic quest. Visit my blog page!

Sometimes Dead Men DO Tell Tales!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X