Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Annual Passholder Site: How many times have YOU visited?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Chat] New Annual Passholder Site: How many times have YOU visited?

I logged on to the AP site today to find a new layout. Not much has changed, except now you need to scroll to the bottom right side of the page to find your links to news, special offers, hotel rates, etc. One of the links will even let you type in the bar code number on the back of your AP to find out if your pass is blocked out today! (Who needs a blockout day calendar? Too much reading!)

However, what instantly caught my eye was this nice large number in a green mickey bubble. It states "Visits: ###" Yes, right there for me to soak in and wonder if I should be excited or embarrassed was how many times I have visited with my AP. I have been renewing my pass for 5 years now, and I assume that it totals up the amount over how long I've had the pass since my total is 237. My boyfriend and I always like to talk about how many times we think we've been and now I have an answer! I love it. But now I want to know things like, how many times has the top AP gone? How much money have I spent? How many items have I purchased? Wouldn't that make for some interesting stats?

After seeing the new AP site, I thought of Al Lutz's article from yesterday and his rumored AP parties to get APers to be less "afternooners" and more whole day visitors. Could this be a first glimpse into seeing Disney really trying to get APs who see a low number want to come more often, or those with high numbers not want to go so often because their Friday night trips are adding up?? I can tell you, personally, that seeing the high number gets me excited to see the number go even higher! However, I also live 30 mins away, so I'm less of a pop in for dinner visitor. When I go to disneyland this weekend, I will be sure to check the AP site to see if my number has moved at all to help gauge if this is a true number or not.

Thoughts?
    Last edited by kburford; 09-28-2011, 08:52 PM. Reason: added how many times i've visited

flower gleam & glow...

Re: New Annual Passholder Site: How many times have YOU visited?

Wow, a visit counter!? Awesome. Can't see anything yet, however...keep getting "Page Error. The page that you requested is unavailable."

Comment

my co-worker just tried logging in as well and hers came up as page error, so I'm thinking they're going through the changes right now..?

flower gleam & glow...

Comment

whats the website? only post if its ok to post on this site (I'm pretty sure its aloud)

:whistling
        It's a music Celebration
        Come on, come on, come on
        Strike up the band,
        Feel the beat, what a great sensation
        Come on, come on, come on
        Move and clap your hands,
        Get into the Spirit
        Let everyone hear it,
        So come on, come on

:whistling
        Step into the Magic
        Watch the stories come alive
        Step into the Magic
        Every color shines so bright
        Step into the Magic!!!!
        :ap:
        -Disneyland Forever Fireworks

Comment

I wonder how their counter works? Does it count when you park in one of the theme park
          Parking lots and you just do DtD or the hotels? Or do you have to enter the park?
          Duffeteer Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics
          Check out the MICECHAT Duffy Forum
          :love:Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011:love:

Comment

Originally posted by Michael808702 View Post
            whats the website? only post if its ok to post on this site (I'm pretty sure its aloud)
            disneyland.com/ap

---------- Post added 09-28-2011 at 01:44 PM ----------

Originally posted by Janell View Post
            I wonder how their counter works? Does it count when you park in one of the theme park
            Parking lots and you just do DtD or the hotels? Or do you have to enter the park?
            Pretty sure it counts when you enter the park because not all APs have parking attached to their pass. My question is if they count the first time you enter any park as one visit, or is it one visit per park, or do they count every time you go in and out?

flower gleam & glow...

Comment

It seems the amount of visits only account to your current pass. Not as much as some others but I've visited 77 times this year.

Comment

My count was 575. I've had my pass for over 10 years and i live right down the street from the park. I laughed when I saw that number
                I actually heard this said by a CM over the loud speakers at Big Thunder in 1995, "Please do not sit on the rocks. You will fall...and you will die."

Comment

This is so cool! I've always wondered how many times I've gone! 92 times since 2004!
                  Well Gawrsh!

Comment

I guess this is only valid to current ap holders, not past ones?
                    I open a toy, review it and take mediocore pictures. Read all about it HERE!

Originally posted by VintageMouse;n8463446

You know best :-)

Comment

Since I got my AP its been 9 times (March) this number actually makes me sad, it should be higher!

Comment

Mine says 200 flat, but I've had a pass for ten years, in the past three years going approximately once a week. I wonder if it counts visits on past passes if you didn't consecutively renew?
                        WELCOME ABOARD
                        THE DISNEYLAND MONORAIL SYSTEM!

Comment

Originally posted by Eric5675 View Post
                          Mine says 200 flat, but I've had a pass for ten years, in the past three years going approximately once a week. I wonder if it counts visits on past passes if you didn't consecutively renew?
                          I'm guessing that it counts only the current pass from when you first purchased through its renewals. So if you had a pass, didn't renew and then got a new pass, only times visited with the new pass would be counted. I've had my pass 5 yrs, renewing it every year and it averages out to about once a week so that sounds about right to me.

flower gleam & glow...

Comment

Wow, nice. I like the new look, I was just on there a couple of days ago and thinking to myself that they should update the look of the site to be a little more pleasing to the eye. I like how they show if your pass is blocked out front and center (as my site showed a "today calendar" with all the AP's and their blockout status. A very efficient new layout, at least in my opinion

I'd be interested in some more statistics as well, like number of times you've park hopped on a visit, and things like that. Just for giggles I have 28 visit's shown (I got my pass a little over two years ago).
                            Just another DL fan :yea:

Comment

Not amused... just got the pass exactly one month ago, so right now I am at a HUGE 3. I seriously wonder how many times I have visited Disneyland as an AP holder, though. I went all the time in elementary school, took a break in junior high, and started going back freshman or sophomore year and am still frequenting the resort! I wonder...

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X