Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What obscure Disney movie would you like to see made into a dark ride?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Fun] What obscure Disney movie would you like to see made into a dark ride?

Maybe obscure is too strong of a word because it implies something that hasn't really been heard of by most people. Maybe a better question is which less recognized Disney movie would make a good dark ride? I know people are wishing for Mary Poppins or Beauty and the Beast to have a ride representing them, but I think some of the less popular films could get new life if represented as a ride. OK, test your Disney knowledge and see what you can come up with.
    "Greetings, Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada."

Re: What obscure Disney movie would you like to see made into a dark ride?

Old Yeller. . . It would be interesting to see how they end the ride.

Comment

~The Rescuers~

Using Aquatopia(from Disneyseas) technology and the old Motor Boat Lagoon. Not really a "dark" ride, in that it will be outside on real water, but some of the adventures from the movie could be experienced.

Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

Comment

Originally posted by John K View Post
        Old Yeller. . . It would be interesting to see how they end the ride.
        They shoot the riders who foam at the mouth.
        "Greetings, Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada."

Comment

Originally posted by calsig31 View Post
          Maybe obscure is too strong of a word because it implies something that hasn't really been heard of by most people. Maybe a better question is which less recognized Disney movie would make a good dark ride? I know people are wishing for Mary Poppins or Beauty and the Beast to have a ride representing them, but I think some of the less popular films could get new life if represented as a ride. OK, test your Disney knowledge and see what you can come up with.
          Interestingly enough, I think that it is the less popular movies that might just make the best dark rides. Take a look at splash mountain for instance. Song of the South was, and still is, widely obsure as far as a movie is concerned, but man did it make a great ride.

Hercules was a great movie with a great message that was entirely underrated. Really, I think it could translate well into a darkride/roller coaster, like Big Thunder Mountan or Everest (i.e., Mr. Olympus). I also think that an Increadibles ride similar to the Spiderman ride in IoA would be a great idea for DCA.

However, as far as a pure dark ride/fantasyland attraction for the younger crowd, I still cannot believe they have never done...wait for it... a dark ride based on the stories from the original Fantasia. Just think for a moment and imagine that one. From the Scorcerer's Apprentice to the graveyard scene to the dancing hippo/crocodile, you could make that one a killer dark ride.

In any case, Adventureland NEEDS an Aladdin dark ride. From the streets of Agrabah to the cave of wonders to the battle with Jafar to the romantic magic carpet ride. Put it by the old Aladdin's Oasis.

---------- Post added 09-29-2011 at 11:42 AM ----------

The other thing you could do is make The Great Mickey Mouse Ride. Take some of the older stories of Mickey Mouse and put them together as a dark ride. For example, tell the story of Mickey and the Beanstalk, The Scorcerer's Apprentice, The Three Mouseketeers, etc.

Comment

Atlantis the Lost Empire and Meet the Robinsons
            M-I-C-K-E-Y P-R-I-M-E
            sigpic
            Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by FigmentJedi View Post
              Atlantis the Lost Empire
              Would have been better than the Nemo subs.

Comment

The Absent Minded Professor
                The Love Bug
                Bed Knobs and Broomsticks
                Feel free to visit my Etsy Shop; https://www.etsy.com/shop/AlienKaboo...=hdr_shop_menu
                to see my Disney and StarWars skirts for little girls.

Comment

Emile and the Detectives
                  Island at the Top of the World
                  One day at Teton Marsh

Comment

Not a movie, but I would love to see a Gummie Bear underground rollercoaster. Or, one massive dark ride featuring all the Disney Afternoon characters like Ducktails, Tail Spin and Dark Wing Duck.
                    I open a toy, review it and take mediocore pictures. Read all about it HERE!

Originally posted by VintageMouse;n8463446

You know best :-)

Comment

Sword in the Stone
                      sigpic
                      Hidden Mickey - Historical fiction about Walt that mixes action and mystery with time travel and fantasy! Tweens to adults will enjoy these novels. And now, three gamebooks to play in Disneyland, DCA and WDW Magic Kingdom!

Check out my six action/adventure novels about Walt's lost diary and his epic quest. Visit my blog page!

Sometimes Dead Men DO Tell Tales!

Comment

Rescuers ride with vehicles that look like Madam Medusa's swamp mobile.

Comment

I would like to see one based on the Rocketeer. I picture the ride vehicles being suspended like Peter Pan, but would make it so the riders were laying down to simulate flight.

Originally posted by dictionary View Post
                          The Absent Minded Professor
                          The Love Bug
                          Bed Knobs and Broomsticks
                          The Love Bug would be an awesome upgrade for the Autopia cars.

Comment

How and what I'm not sure, but I'd love to see "Bedknobs & Broomsticks" made into a Disney attraction.

Comment

Originally posted by AtomicBear View Post
                              Rescuers ride with vehicles that look like Madam Medusa's swamp mobile.
                              I want to ride the Swamp Buggy!!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X