Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where does the mad tea party take place these days?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Where does the mad tea party take place these days?

Still at the Refreshment Corner?

Re: Where does the mad tea party take place these days?

They do not have a scheduled Mad Tea Party... (WDW?)

At 2:30 nearly every day the have Musical Chairs at the Coke Corner eating area.

This is from yesterday 10-15-2011...

Comment

D'oh! Sorry, the musical chairs was what I was thinking of. Thanks!!!

Comment

All though this is another fun event, it still bothers me a little. I guess I just don't see how Alice and the Mad Hatter fit into Main Street.
        "Greetings, Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada."

Comment

Originally posted by calsig31 View Post
          All though this is another fun event, it still bothers me a little. I guess I just don't see how Alice and the Mad Hatter fit into Main Street.
          They don't. Meaning no criticism of the Alice and Mad Hatter CMs who put their hearts into it, in the days before Eigner™ it would have been done with the Dapper Dans barbershop quartet or the Keystone Kops saxophone quintet.
          Last edited by Mr Wiggins; 10-16-2011, 06:57 PM.
          "With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
          Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
          imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Wiggins View Post
            They don't. In the days before Eigner™, Disney would have done it with the Dapper Dans barbershop quartet or the Keystone Kops saxophone quintet.
            The good old days, where everything did not need to be a tie-in to market some Disney movie.
            "Greetings, Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada."

Comment

The good old days, where everything did not need to be a tie-in to market some Disney movie.
              The Dapper Dans still preform at the same spot. Usually at 1:30 or 2:00. They have a different banner on the piano.
              They involve the audiance and ususally pull a woman from the crowd and sing "Aint She Sweet" to her.

Mary Poppins and Bert are often at the Coke Corner, and at Musical Chairs!
              They are in a Disney Movie not set in the midwest USA,
              (Maybe Mary Poppins does not belong on Main Street?)

Or at the Fantasyland Castle....
              Last edited by Disneyland 1951; 10-16-2011, 07:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Disneyland 1951 View Post
                [FONT=comic sans ms]The Dapper Dans still preform at the same spot. Usually at 1:30 or 2:00. They have a different banner on the piano.
                They involve the audiance and ususally pull a woman from the crowd and sing "Aint She Sweet" to her.

Mary Poppins and Bert are often at the Coke Corner, and at Musical Chairs!
                They are in a Disney Movie not set in the midwest USA,
                (Maybe Mary Poppins does not belong on Main Street?)

Or at the Fantasyland Castle....
                Exactly! If it was Main Street, London then maybe. However, this is Main Street U.S.A. Very out of place.

Comment

Main Street has been an exception for characters for quite some time. If Alice, Hatter, Marry and Bert should not be on Main Street then no characters really should be seeing that the time period for Main Street was before any Disney characters were invented.

Comment

Originally posted by JK020489 View Post
                    Main Street has been an exception for characters for quite some time. If Alice, Hatter, Marry and Bert should not be on Main Street then no characters really should be seeing that the time period for Main Street was before any Disney characters were invented.
                    That would be preferable unless there was a theme appropriate character.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Wiggins View Post
                      They don't. Meaning no criticism of the Alice and Mad Hatter CMs who put their hearts into it, in the days before Eigner™ it would have been done with the Dapper Dans barbershop quartet or the Keystone Kops saxophone quintet.
                      Interestingly, Jack Lindquist (former president of DL) would have approved of the current characters of Main Street.

Comment

Originally posted by RiversOfAmerica View Post
                        Interestingly, Jack Lindquist (former president of DL) would have approved of the current characters of Main Street.
                        And... ?

Comment

...in my head

sigpic

I am Sambo, and I endorse this signature.

Comment

And... ?
                            And it argues against those who want to treat Main Street as a museum. I concur with Lindquist, btw. Non-Main Street characters that were on Main Street during my youth in the early 70's (Pinnochio and the White Rabbit, to name two), so to here people complain about Mary Poppins on Main Street is just plain silly.
                            Last edited by RiversOfAmerica; 10-19-2011, 07:01 AM.

Comment

I don't mind characters on Main Street as long as they're roaming around with no meet and greets.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X