Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DLR and Mickey's Halloween Party (First trip report!) :)

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trip Report DLR and Mickey's Halloween Party (First trip report!) :)

Click image for larger version

Name:	Disneyland2011pic11.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	76.4 KB
ID:	7366517
    A few hours passed and we were getting hungry, so we headed over to Mimi's Cafe next to Disneyland and enjoyed our dinner.

Name:	Disneyland2011pic14.jpeg
Size:	71.7 KB
ID:	7366519Click image for larger version

Name:	Disneyland2011pic15.jpeg
Size:	55.5 KB
ID:	7366518

We then walked back to our hotel and relaxed for the big day ahead of us until we went to sleep.

Friday, October 14th 2011

We woke up at 6am, got showers, dressed and breakfast at the hotel and then headed over to Disneyland about 7:50.

Name:	Disneyland2011pic16.jpeg
Size:	49.7 KB
ID:	7366520Click image for larger version

Name:	Disneyland2011pic17.jpeg
Size:	61.2 KB
ID:	7366521
    When we got there they had just barely opened up the gates and it seemed so empty as we made our way to Adventureland. We went on the Jungle Cruise first and there was only about 10 people on our boat ahaha. Once that was over, we headed to The Haunted Mansion while the park was still un-crowded. Again, only about 10 people in line since it was walk on at the moment. When we got off though, the line had grown immensely since we got on. Headed over to ride Winnie the Pooh (LOL) and then went back to New Orleans Square. My boyfriend was acting weird and telling me to look at things in the shop while he talked to someone. A few minutes later, I was being dragged to the Tunnel/Court of Angels in New Orleans Square.

Name:	Disneyland2011pic2.jpeg
Size:	131.1 KB
ID:	7366522
    The cast member that draws portraits was taking our pictures and then all of a sudden, he dropped to one knee and proposed!!!!! I said yes and little did I know, he had got it all on camera as well. So after wiping my eyes and collecting myself, we went to pieces of eight, where luckily, they only had 2 Just Engaged buttons left!!

Name:	Disneyland2011pic10.jpeg
Size:	96.0 KB
ID:	7366523Click image for larger version

Name:	Disneyland2011pic19.jpeg
Size:	55.3 KB
ID:	7366524Click image for larger version

Name:	Disneyland2011pic21.jpeg
Size:	58.8 KB
ID:	7366525Click image for larger version

Name:	Disneyland2011pic22.jpeg
Size:	28.7 KB
ID:	7366527Click image for larger version

Name:	Disneyland2011pic23.jpeg
Size:	29.0 KB
ID:	7366528Click image for larger version

Name:	Disneyland2011pic5.jpeg
Size:	175.5 KB
ID:	7366526
    After that I raced over, only to catch the last 5 minutes of the fireworks.

Name:	Disneyland2011pic24.jpeg
Size:	22.0 KB
ID:	7366529Click image for larger version

Name:	Disneyland2011pic25.jpeg
Size:	42.7 KB
ID:	7366530
    At this point I was beat so at about 10:30pm we headed back to the hotel for the night.

Saturday, October 15th 2011

The next morning we headed over again about the same time and went straight to Indiana Jones, since there was practically no one in the park yet. Indy was good, but the chamber of destiny door was stuck open so you could see the jeep ahead of you go into the same door Kind of disappointing, but I still enjoy the ride. We then went on Haunted Mansion again. The line was longer this time, but moved quickly. Since my baby cousin is OBSESSED with Mickey and Minnie, we went to Toontown, so I could get some pics for her. Luckily the line to meet Minnie and Mickey was fairly short and went by quickly.

Name:	Disneyland2011pic26.jpeg
Size:	78.4 KB
ID:	7366531Click image for larger version

Name:	Disneyland2011pic6.jpeg
Size:	123.2 KB
ID:	7366532Click image for larger version

Name:	Disneyland2011pic7.jpeg
Size:	76.4 KB
ID:	7366533Click image for larger version

Name:	Disneyland2011pic27.jpeg
Size:	25.2 KB
ID:	7366534
    I was sad as usual but my body was happy I was going to bed lol. We left the Sunday afternoon and were already planning our honeymoon there next year!!

So that's it, hope it was worth a read
    "We find it delightfully unlivable here in this ghostly retreat. Every room has wall-to-wall creeps, and hot and cold running chills. Shhh, listen!"
    -your host, your ghost host

Trips: 1992 1998 1999x2 2000 2007 2009 2011 2012 2014

Next Trip:
    ???

On Friday, October 14th, 2011, my boyfriend of 5 years proposed to me under the tunnel, right before the Court of Angels
    in Disneyland! Read my trip report about it here:http://micechat.com/forums/disneyland-resort/160167-dlr-mickeys-halloween-party-first-trip-report.html

Here is our honeymoon trip report from December 10th to the 15th 2012:http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...10th-15th.html

Re: DLR and Mickey's Halloween Party (First trip report!)

Congratulations on your engagement!! That was soooo sweet Thanks for sharing
    "Disneyland is a show."
    -Walt Disney

Comment

Originally posted by fantazmikluvr View Post
      Congratulations on your engagement!! That was soooo sweet Thanks for sharing
      Thank you! I'm happy to share
      "We find it delightfully unlivable here in this ghostly retreat. Every room has wall-to-wall creeps, and hot and cold running chills. Shhh, listen!"

Next Trip:
      ???

On Friday, October 14th, 2011, my boyfriend of 5 years proposed to me under the tunnel, right before the Court of Angels
      in Disneyland! Read my trip report about it here:http://micechat.com/forums/disneyland-resort/160167-dlr-mickeys-halloween-party-first-trip-report.html

Here is our honeymoon trip report from December 10th to the 15th 2012:http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...10th-15th.html

Comment

Great TR and congratulations on your engagement! DL will always be a special part of your relationship : )

Comment

What a sly dog your fiance is to set up the proposal like he did. Congratulations on your engagement.
          My family was at the party the same night and happened to pass Jack & Sally just before the fireworks started. We must've passed you as you were waiting in line. And I can sympathize with your feet. By the time we left the party my feet and lower back were ready for bed. I'm glad you had a good time though. Thanks for the great trip report.
          "Anything's possible at Disneyland." - Walt Disney, 1965

Comment

Originally posted by jbean View Post
            Great TR and congratulations on your engagement! DL will always be a special part of your relationship : )
            Thank you very much!!! I was so glad he chose to do it there, since it's one of my favorite places

---------- Post added 10-19-2011 at 01:08 PM ----------

Originally posted by Seahorse View Post
            What a sly dog your fiance is to set up the proposal like he did. Congratulations on your engagement.
            My family was at the party the same night and happened to pass Jack & Sally just before the fireworks started. We must've passed you as you were waiting in line. And I can sympathize with your feet. By the time we left the party my feet and lower back were ready for bed. I'm glad you had a good time though. Thanks for the great trip report.

Haha he was pretty sly I must say Yeah it didn't help either that the shoes I wore for my Minnie costume didn't feel the best walking around, but I bit the bullet and enjoyed myself none the less Glad you liked my TR!

Next Trip:
            ???

Comment

Congrats and how awesome to see MCR guys..my son would be so jealous!
              Feel free to visit my Etsy Shop; https://www.etsy.com/shop/AlienKaboo...=hdr_shop_menu
              to see my Disney and StarWars skirts for little girls.

Comment

Great TR! Congrats to you both! Looked like fun!
                I open a toy, review it and take mediocore pictures. Read all about it HERE!

Originally posted by VintageMouse;n8463446

You know best :-)

Comment

Glad you had a great time, I'm sorry you only saw the last 5 minutes of the Halloween fireworks they are so awesome imo. /slaprudepeopleinline

:-p

edit-did you get to see the Halloween parade at least?

Comment

Originally posted by dictionary View Post
                    Congrats and how awesome to see MCR guys..my son would be so jealous!
                    haha it was just so random and lucky! Had we been there a minute earlier or a minute later we would not have seen them. And thank you by the way

---------- Post added 10-19-2011 at 04:19 PM ----------

Originally posted by Meville View Post
                    Great TR! Congrats to you both! Looked like fun!
                    Thank you!! It was a blast

---------- Post added 10-19-2011 at 04:21 PM ----------

Originally posted by Jayce View Post
                    Glad you had a great time, I'm sorry you only saw the last 5 minutes of the Halloween fireworks they are so awesome imo. /slaprudepeopleinline

:-p

edit-did you get to see the Halloween parade at least?
                    lol The ending was good, so I'm glad I at least got to see that. Yeah we actually saw the parade, but not close up. We were on a bench close to Frontier land as it went by.

Next Trip:
                    ???

Comment

Congrat on your engagement. You guys look cute together. May you have a wonderful life together!:yea:

Comment

Originally posted by cadjoe321 View Post
                        Congrat on your engagement. You guys look cute together. May you have a wonderful life together!:yea:
                        Thank you very much!

Next Trip:
                        ???

Comment

Originally posted by BlackWidowBride View Post
                          I was being dragged to the Tunnel/Court of Angels in New Orleans Square.
                          [ATTACH=CONFIG]14925[/ATTACH]
                          The cast member that draws portraits was taking our pictures and then all of a sudden, he dropped to one knee and proposed!!!!! I said yes and little did I know, he had got it all on camera as well. So after wiping my eyes and collecting myself, we went to pieces of eight, where luckily, they only had 2 Just Engaged buttons left!!
                          Oh and almost forgot. Congrats that is so awesome and you guys make a gorgeous couple!

Comment

Originally posted by Jayce View Post
                            Oh and almost forgot. Congrats that is so awesome and you guys make a gorgeous couple!
                            Aww thank you very much!

Next Trip:
                            ???

Comment

Nice first Trip Report! And Cafe Orleans is amazing!

AUTOPIA: Fan Since 1991

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X