• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The Disney Ninja
    Quiet As A Mouse!
    • Mar 2010

[Question] Fast Pass Systems For Parades

I posted this in the WDW section, as well:

With the success of the Fast Pass system form World Of Color here in DL, they are thinking of doing it for parades in WDW. If that is a success, they may implement it for DL parades. What would happen if they did this for the parades at DL?

FastPass Being Tested For Parades | DisneylandLive | an unofficial Disneyland news and photo blog

Questions, comments, thoughts, suggestions, worries, wishes??
    I Get In. I Get Out. I Never Get Noticed!
    - From "Prep And Landing"
  • ShelbyH
    MiceChatter
    • Mar 2011

Re: Fast Pass Systems For Parades

Where would the FP viewing areas be?

Comment

• calsig31
      -
      • Aug 2009

I don't think it would work at Disneyland due to space issues. They would need to create a viewing area for the fastpasses to access. Not really sure if there is room to put anything like that.
      "Greetings, Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada."

Comment

• dfan07
        Johnny and Me!
        • May 2007

The Small World Mall might work. The FP machines could even be installed on the old MBC dock.

Comment

• ShelbyH
          MiceChatter
          • Mar 2011

Originally posted by dfan07 View Post
          The Small World Mall might work. The FP machines could even be installed on the old MBC dock.
          But on many shows, the best effects are castle-specific so they'd have to flip to effects, and it's certainly not the same as viewing from the hub.

Comment

• TikiRoom
            MiceChatter
            • Aug 2009

I have to admit: I don't really get it from the brief article. It sounds like they are doing a priority viewing area for FP holders and non-FP holders are relegated to other areas....but why? How does this help anything other than reward people for prioritizing the parade? Is this a crowd traffic issue?

For me, I love wandering out of an attraction, remembering that a parade is about to start and finding a small patch of pavement to catch a fairly decent view. It's starting to drive me crazy that, in order to "fully" take advantage of your day, you're being encouraged to have it planned meticulously. If I want to schedule myself to death, I'll stay home and go to work.

I just hope that they don't start this with everything. I will lose it if they start to micromanage the fireworks.

Comment

• dfan07
              Johnny and Me!
              • May 2007

Originally posted by ShelbyH View Post
              But on many shows, the best effects are castle-specific so they'd have to flip to effects, and it's certainly not the same as viewing from the hub.
              I was talking about the parade, not the fireworks.

Comment

• mickeyfan4ever
                MiceChatter
                • Oct 2010

yha i dont how they wold wold wok
                I have a problem with dyslexia, but if you will please bear with me, I would love to participate in the conversations here at MiceChat. Thanks for your understanding! - Matthttp://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo[URL=http://www.youtube.com/user/MrDisneylandfan4ever?feature=mhumfeature=mhum#p/u"]dca eathen brithday 282 by mickeyfan4ever1234, on Flickr

Comment

• The Disney Ninja
                  Quiet As A Mouse!
                  • Mar 2010

If the fast pass system for parades would succeed, then the fireworks would be next. Who knows, they might even do it for Fantasmic! I believe if they do this, it would have to do with foot traffic in that area.
                  I Get In. I Get Out. I Never Get Noticed!
                  - From "Prep And Landing"

Comment

• dfan07
                    Johnny and Me!
                    • May 2007

It would be pretty tough to do it for the fireworks, unless Main Street and the Hub were barricaded off. I don't think Disney is willing to pony up for the extra CMs they would need to keep people without FPs out.

Comment

• Malina
                      MiceChatter

• Oct 2011

I really hope this idea does NOT catch on for the Disneyland parades. I agree with everyone who has said that logistically, it would be nearly impossible. They can't control access to a main entry and exit point the way they can control access to Paradise Pier, hidden in a corner.

If they wanted to have a special small VIP viewing area that required FP or tickets--say a small grandstand near the statue--THAT could work. The entire parade route? No way.

I also agree with everyone who has said that part of the fun of the parade is its spontaneity. Whenever we have ended up doing a parade it has been a fun last minute thing...we have wandered off a ride, we're tired, we happen to be in the Main Street or iasw area, etc. If we had to plan Parade attendance hours in advance--the way you have to do it with the World of Color passes--we would never end up going.
                      Merida looks like this. Not a Barbie doll!

Comment

• ShelbyH
                        MiceChatter
                        • Mar 2011

Oops--my bad.

Comment

• DisneyIPresume
                          Beach Expert
                          • Sep 2006

They desperately need a FP system for Fantasmic! before they need it for parades.

Comment

• sleepyjeff
                            Spree Candy
                            • Jan 2005

OR....

Maybe just limit access to the whole park thru some sort of "unique" system whereby everyone entering the gates pays market value.

(Nah, that'd never work) :vogue:
                            Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

Comment

• Michael808702
                              MiceChatter
                              • Jul 2010

i hope this does not happen i really hate WDW system on everything reservations, fast passes, and interactive lines and to many meet n greets i hope WDW style stays away from DLR

Comment

• pinkertonfloyd
                                • Oct 2005

Parades, I don't get, I've never seen an issue seeing a Parade, even getting there near start time due to the fact they're usually easy to see due to the size.

But Fantasmic would be different, I could see them roping off the main section in the front and offering fastpass for that area, and allow others to stand-by. It would remove the sea of blankets for 8 hours before the show starts. (Really, I think time has come for the Blankets/Towels to be collected by Disney if they're there more than an hour before the show, they're 1) A Hazard, and 2) Bad Show.)

Comment

• ShelbyH
                                  MiceChatter
                                  • Mar 2011

Originally posted by pinkertonfloyd View Post
                                  But Fantasmic would be different, I could see them roping off the main section in the front and offering fastpass for that area, and allow others to stand-by. It would remove the sea of blankets for 8 hours before the show starts. (Really, I think time has come for the Blankets/Towels to be collected by Disney if they're there more than an hour before the show, they're 1) A Hazard, and 2) Bad Show.)
                                  I agree. I too dislike how everything in WDW is a reservation, some required 6 months in advance, but I think the blankets and towels look ugly. Since Fantasmic already has a specific viewing area, I think FP would be relatively easy. And a good part of Fantasmic is that if you DON'T get in that area, like you don't pick up a FP, you can still find a decent place to watch elsewhere, so it doesn't have to be FP or you miss the show.

Comment

• RiversOfAmerica
                                    DLR Cast Member
                                    • Jan 2009

Originally posted by The Disney Ninja View Post
                                    With the success of the Fast Pass system form World Of Color here in DL, they are thinking of doing it for parades in WDW. If that is a success, they may implement it for DL parades. What would happen if they did this for the parades at DL?
                                    A couple of things. First, they're just testing the idea to see if such a thing would fly, and how it would fly. It's not a sure thing by any means at WDW. The whole thing stems from the fact that the implimentation of fastpasses at WDWR and DLR are a bit different (even though it doesn't appear much different to park guests). The WOC Fastpass was a stroke of genius Anaheim came up with that had absolutely no involvement or input from Orlando team members. Well, it's turned out to be so soccessful that Orlando is looking at the possibility of modifying it to service parade audiences. But that also means having space for dedicated viewing areas that can be locked down, a la the WOC viewing area. My understanding is that WDWR has the advantage of space.

Now, at DLR, space is a huge issue. Jus tto create a viewing area for Fantasmic and WOC were huge undertakings requiring the installation of some serious infrastructure. There simply isn't any space for this in Anaheim.

Of course, this even precludes the idea that Anaheim would float an idea. Currently, such a thing hasn't remotely been considered, and unless we break open a dissure in the crust and spit out sme more land, I don't think this will be given serious consideration any time in the near future.

My unders

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                    Working...
                                    X