Announcement

Collapse

Your Assistance Please

We need your help to battle spammers and also to keep our community user friendly.
PLEASE BE KIND TO OTHERS - Refrain from personal attacks. Avoid politics and harsh language whenever possible. If someone is violating our simple rules, DO NOT confront them, simply report the post.
STOP SPAMMERS - Report the post. DO NOT respond to them.

2017 is a year of renewal for us, we have lots of exciting changes on the way for you, but we don't have time to deal with trolls and spammers. If you find yourself suspended and need to plead your case, you will need to do so after your suspension. We are happy to address your concerns if you made a simple mistake. However, please note that those with a history of bad behavior and pushing our rules to the limit will not be given the courtesy of a reply.

MiceChat offers a number of ways for you to communicate and get involved. We offer Facebook Groups and Pages, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest accounts. We have a front page filled with amazing content. We offer weekly meetups in the parks. Meets and events all over the world. Podcasts and videos. And we continue to maintain forums for your posting convenience. But with all those options, we can't be everywhere all the time. We need YOUR help. Please don't poke the trolls. Report posts and leave reputation. We'll do our best to keep the forums clean and active, but we can't do so without your help.

Thank you for your support folks, it's going to be a really fantastic year in the MiceChat world.
See more
See less

New Rules for The Walt Disney Corporation

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Idea] New Rules for The Walt Disney Corporation

1. It is critical to define a larger overarching societal purpose of the organization beyond creating shareholder value, and it is even more critical to walk the talk. Society no longer tolerates hollow promises.
    2. It is important for the CEO to inspire and align employees to a set of defined values that encompass, for example, principles of trusteeship and ethical conduct, and to have a zero-tolerance policy on willful violations that lead to a loss of corporate reputation.
    3. Business leaders should encourage and reward innovation within their companies that spurs business models that not only deliver economic value but larger societal value as well. (ITC's e-Choupals became a reality as the leadership displayed faith and encouraged the innovation through larger investments and commitment despite the model being untested.)
    4. The company should try to do social good not just by philanthropy but by forming partnerships with the national and regional governments and local communities that "co-create" local community assets.
    5. Companies should involve the consumer in supporting sustainable business practices by creating unique value propositions that enrich the consumer experience. The fact that a portion of the proceeds from the sales of ITC's school notebooks and stationery were contributed to rural education helped make them a market leader.

Taken from the Harvard Business Review
    --
    http://www.bewaterwise.com

Re: New Rules for The Walt Disney Corporation

Understood by everyone but Corporate leadership.

sigpic

I am Sambo, and I endorse this signature.

Comment

In Theory yes but in Practicality..well lets just say we won't hold our breaths.
      Feel free to visit my Etsy Shop; https://www.etsy.com/shop/AlienKaboo...=hdr_shop_menu
      to see my Disney and StarWars skirts for little girls.

Comment

Of course, the Company will insist that it already follows those rules.
        "With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
        Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
        imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

Comment

Ever wonder what they really think?
          Stockholder and Walt Disney Autograph holder!!

Comment

(Disclosure-I own 57 shares. I am looking to own enough shares where the dividend will cover the entrance fee)

Harvard shmarvard... Shareholder value rules.

That said...Shareholder value will decrease if those principles mentioned are not followed.

I read recently Al Lutz's comment of the dismissal treatment of the Disney employees that were celebrating their anniversary years of employment. Apparently, they had to wait in long lines for transportation into the park and had to wait in buffet lines for their "thank-you" meal. Al did not think that was much of a "thank you" compared to times of the past.

There is a balancing that has to go on. Disney messed with it too much when they neglected the parks in the 80's and 90's. Al's report seems to show that empoyee treatment is too low too. Shareholder value will decrease when the CM quality goes down because they do not feel appreciated.

C'mon DIS! Treat your employees well! Looking for a higher paying Dividend!

Comment

I am considered fiscally liberal because I believe in unions for benefit packages, and because I agree with FDR that the best "social program" is something called a job, and it's incumbent on employers to pay employees a living wage. I mainly object to money paid out as bonuses to the top management that could have been used to retain rank and file people.

It's things like the electronic whip and no contract for years that was also discussed, those are the things that concern me. The company has plenty of money, no need for it to act as harshly as it does. I have heard other stories about Disney and how it treats employees, but those just aren't the right tone for this board. Let's just quote Robert Lynn Asprin: "I have heard of your reputation, and indeed, it is devastatingly accurate."

Comment

Originally posted by kjorgensen43 View Post
                I read recently Al Lutz's comment of the dismissal treatment of the Disney employees that were celebrating their anniversary years of employment. Apparently, they had to wait in long lines for transportation into the park and had to wait in buffet lines for their "thank-you" meal. Al did not think that was much of a "thank you" compared to times of the past.
                That comment was very wrong. I was invited to that event through a family friend and the only line we had was probably 10 minutes for the bus from the parking lot to DCA. There were no crowds, nice live entertainment, and good food. It was a nice time and everyone was enjoying it.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X