Announcement

Collapse

Your Assistance Please

We need your help to battle spammers and also to keep our community user friendly.
PLEASE BE KIND TO OTHERS - Refrain from personal attacks. Avoid politics and harsh language whenever possible. If someone is violating our simple rules, DO NOT confront them, simply report the post.
STOP SPAMMERS - Report the post. DO NOT respond to them.

2017 is a year of renewal for us, we have lots of exciting changes on the way for you, but we don't have time to deal with trolls and spammers. If you find yourself suspended and need to plead your case, you will need to do so after your suspension. We are happy to address your concerns if you made a simple mistake. However, please note that those with a history of bad behavior and pushing our rules to the limit will not be given the courtesy of a reply.

MiceChat offers a number of ways for you to communicate and get involved. We offer Facebook Groups and Pages, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest accounts. We have a front page filled with amazing content. We offer weekly meetups in the parks. Meets and events all over the world. Podcasts and videos. And we continue to maintain forums for your posting convenience. But with all those options, we can't be everywhere all the time. We need YOUR help. Please don't poke the trolls. Report posts and leave reputation. We'll do our best to keep the forums clean and active, but we can't do so without your help.

Thank you for your support folks, it's going to be a really fantastic year in the MiceChat world.
See more
See less

Cars Being Tested At Full Speed A tCars Land At Night: Anybody Seen/Filmed Em?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • [Question] Cars Being Tested At Full Speed A tCars Land At Night: Anybody Seen/Filmed Em?

    Now that the Cars Land Cars vehicles are racing about after dark at fuel speed, has anyone got an eye shot, or captured it on film.
    Last edited by Ride Warrior; 11-19-2011, 06:15 PM.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!


  • #2
    Re: Cars Being Tested At Full Speed A tCars Land At Night: Anybody Seen/Filmed Em?

    I've been curious about this too. Not even the Disney Blog has shown this. I have seen pictures of the Cadillac Range at night so we may be close to seeing other things as well. Yet the only ride testing I've seen was JYJ and it was daytime and limited.
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Cars Being Tested At Full Speed A tCars Land At Night: Anybody Seen/Filmed Em?

      Yep, they're doing continuous testing. But it's still a hard hat construction area. Cameras aren't allowed backstage anywhere. Cast Members who are caught taking pics or videos backstage are subject to dismissal, and Contractors who do are subject to having their contract revoked. I've seen both happen.

      That said, I'm sure the Disney blog will put up an official video once testing nears its end.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Cars Being Tested At Full Speed A tCars Land At Night: Anybody Seen/Filmed Em?

        I almost got a picture of it testing a couple weeks ago but missed it by seconds. I was really disappointed. Really cool seeing the headlights turn the corner of the hubcap though.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Cars Being Tested At Full Speed A tCars Land At Night: Anybody Seen/Filmed Em?

          Originally posted by swampymarsh View Post
          I've been curious about this too. Not even the Disney Blog has shown this. I have seen pictures of the Cadillac Range at night so we may be close to seeing other things as well. Yet the only ride testing I've seen was JYJ and it was daytime and limited.
          Well, at least you got to see some testing take place. I wonder if most of the testing is at night when there aren't any parkgoing guests around.

          Originally posted by RiversOfAmerica View Post
          Yep, they're doing continuous testing. But it's still a hard hat construction area. Cameras aren't allowed backstage anywhere. Cast Members who are caught taking pics or videos backstage are subject to dismissal, and Contractors who do are subject to having their contract revoked. I've seen both happen.

          That said, I'm sure the Disney blog will put up an official video once testing nears its end.
          Wow1 I wouldn't want to be one of the cast members or construction co. employee that got the big boot from the Mouse! That would be like being a member of the "Disney Hall of Shame." Can't wait to see the video when Disney is ready to rev up the promotion full blast!

          Originally posted by xsdesign View Post
          I almost got a picture of it testing a couple weeks ago but missed it by seconds. I was really disappointed. Really cool seeing the headlights turn the corner of the hubcap though.
          Thanks for the discriptive visual of the headlight action. If you return, I hope you'll give the picture taking another go. This is all so exciting! Things are starting to chili cone carney cone-ect.
          Last edited by Ride Warrior; 11-20-2011, 11:22 AM.
          To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Cars Being Tested At Full Speed A tCars Land At Night: Anybody Seen/Filmed Em?

            Originally posted by RiversOfAmerica View Post
            Yep, they're doing continuous testing.
            By continous, do you actually mean something like daily? I haven't seen any cars go by while being on MFW.


            Originally posted by Ride Warrior View Post
            Well, at least you got to see some testing take place. I wonder if most of the testing is at night when there aren't any parkgoing guests around.
            Be Cool Stay in School!
            Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Cars Being Tested At Full Speed A tCars Land At Night: Anybody Seen/Filmed Em?

              Originally posted by swampymarsh View Post
              By continous, do you actually mean something like daily? I haven't seen any cars go by while being on MFW.




              Cool! Thanks for the vid of Tow mater's Junkyard Jubilee test. The vehicle looks great. it will be moving quite a bit faster when it opens.
              To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Cars Being Tested At Full Speed A tCars Land At Night: Anybody Seen/Filmed Em?

                And for RSR I don't think they're testing the outside portion at full speed yet because the car i saw was crawling around the corner.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Cars Being Tested At Full Speed A tCars Land At Night: Anybody Seen/Filmed Em?

                  Originally posted by xsdesign View Post
                  And for RSR I don't think they're testing the outside portion at full speed yet because the car i saw was crawling around the corner.
                  You're probably right. It makes sense that the imagineers would test the insde portion of the ride at full speed first.
                  To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Cars Being Tested At Full Speed A tCars Land At Night: Anybody Seen/Filmed Em?

                    Originally posted by RiversOfAmerica View Post
                    Yep, they're doing continuous testing. But it's still a hard hat construction area. Cameras aren't allowed backstage anywhere. Cast Members who are caught taking pics or videos backstage are subject to dismissal, and Contractors who do are subject to having their contract revoked. I've seen both happen.

                    That said, I'm sure the Disney blog will put up an official video once testing nears its end.
                    They have no reason to toot the horn until testing is farther along. They still could have a major problem come up and not be able to open it with the rest of CL. (remember test track?) until they get the cars going around the whole track repeatedly at full speed I don't think Disney will officially give any videos of testing.

                    Hopefully someone gets a shot of it from MFW in the next few months as testing begins to ramp up to full speed. The videos they released before the rock work was in place is nothing like the videos we'll get with the rock work.
                    Check out my Disney inspired creations.

                    https://picasaweb.google.com/110319393135337100862

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Cars Being Tested At Full Speed A tCars Land At Night: Anybody Seen/Filmed Em?

                      Originally posted by Bronco21 View Post
                      They have no reason to toot the horn until testing is farther along. They still could have a major problem come up and not be able to open it with the rest of CL. (remember test track?) until they get the cars going around the whole track repeatedly at full speed I don't think Disney will officially give any videos of testing.

                      Hopefully someone gets a shot of it from MFW in the next few months as testing begins to ramp up to full speed. The videos they released before the rock work was in place is nothing like the videos we'll get with the rock work.
                      Mickey's fun wheel shoud present a heightend opportunity for some Radiator Springs racers photo ops in the future - unless Disney decides to have the ride cm's confescate peoples cameras, including the cellular ones. :lol:
                      Last edited by Ride Warrior; 11-20-2011, 08:41 AM.
                      To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Cars Being Tested At Full Speed A tCars Land At Night: Anybody Seen/Filmed Em?

                        Originally posted by Ride Warrior View Post
                        Wow1 I wouldn't want to be one of the cast members or construction co. employee that got the big boot from the Mouse! That would be like being a member of the "Disney Hall of Shame." Can't wait to see the video when Disney is ready to rev up the promotion full blast!
                        That must be one big Hall.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Cars Being Tested At Full Speed A tCars Land At Night: Anybody Seen/Filmed Em?

                          Originally posted by donaldduckfan#1 View Post
                          That must be one big Hall.
                          I've heard that even Mickey and Goofy have been enlisted as honorary members.
                          To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Cars Being Tested At Full Speed A tCars Land At Night: Anybody Seen/Filmed Em?

                            Originally posted by swampymarsh View Post
                            By continous, do you actually mean something like daily? I haven't seen any cars go by while being on MFW.



                            They'v been doing night-only testings for the past few days as I recall.


                            The world is a treasure trove of places.
                            The colors of Earth, Sea and Sky. Beauty i'm told, is ours to behold. In the wonderful world of color.
                            Indy Ride Count: 2211
                            World of Color Count: 74

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Cars Being Tested At Full Speed A tCars Land At Night: Anybody Seen/Filmed Em?

                              Originally posted by The Forbidden Eye View Post
                              They'v been doing night-only testings for the past few days as I recall.
                              Yeah. This is what I've been thinking. None of the guests would be in the park to spy on them if they tested at night - especially if they are testing RSR outdoors now.
                              Last edited by Ride Warrior; 11-20-2011, 02:44 PM.
                              To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

                              Comment

                              Ad Widget

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X