Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

In park dining receipt = Disney shopping discount?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • [Question] In park dining receipt = Disney shopping discount?

    Hi everyone, Early last December I remember eating in the New Orleans area, a discount percent printed on the receipt and with the receipt you could receive a shopping discount before noon at certain shops. I remember doing a lot of Christmas shopping with that, it was a great deal. I cannot find any information on this...........am I cracking up? Does anyone else remember this? Does it randomly pop up or is it on a regular schedule? Any information or confirmation I'm not losing my marbles, would be really appreciated! Thanks!

  • #2
    Re: In park dining receipt = Disney shopping discount?

    They did do a 20% off discount last year, it was printed on a receipt. but i have not heard anything of it this year.



    Comment


    • #3
      Re: In park dining receipt = Disney shopping discount?

      Originally posted by Poisonedapples View Post
      They did do a 20% off discount last year, it was printed on a receipt. but i have not heard anything of it this year.
      I remember that, too. I haven't heard if it is continuing this year or not.
      "Greetings, Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada."

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: In park dining receipt = Disney shopping discount?

        Last year the Disney Blog announced it and had a link to printable Dine at the off hours coupons on the 8th of Decemer. The deal was for around the 19th through January 1st. IIRC it was during that same period the Merch coupons had the same deal and the early dining recipts had the merchandise offer.

        Disney Blog dining offer.
        Be Cool Stay in School!
        Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: In park dining receipt = Disney shopping discount?

          Originally posted by calsig31 View Post
          I remember that, too. I haven't heard if it is continuing this year or not.
          I haven't either... i wonder if they even will since it really didn't matter for us AP's they continued the darn discount all year long! They kept extending it!

          Originally posted by swampymarsh View Post
          Last year the Disney Blog announced it and had a link to printable Dine at the off hours coupons on the 8th of Decemer. The deal was for around the 19th through January 1st. IIRC it was during that same period the Merch coupons had the same deal and the early dining recipts had the merchandise offer.

          Disney Blog dining offer.
          I think what your thinking of is thedinning discount coupons, what the Op is talking about is when youbought food or any other merchandise a coupon was immediately printedon the bottom of the reciept. It was for a certain perctange ofdiscount on merchandise. I have gotten the impression they mean the20% off coupon for merchandise...and there was not a time frame, at least not that i remember.

          The food thing you mentioned swampy was to get guests to eat at off peak eating times and so they had that dinning coupon readily available in the blog so that people could take advantage and print it and use it! They did this because they new that the on peak eating times would be packed for guests visiting for the holidays, therefore the off peak eating times would help lessen the congestion at the on peak meal times.



          Comment


          • #6
            Re: In park dining receipt = Disney shopping discount?

            Originally posted by Poisonedapples View Post
            I think what your thinking of is thedinning discount coupons, what the Op is talking about is when youbought food or any other merchandise a coupon was immediately printedon the bottom of the reciept. It was for a certain perctange ofdiscount on merchandise. I have gotten the impression they mean the20% off coupon for merchandise...and there was not a time frame, at least not that i remember.

            The food thing you mentioned swampy was to get guests to eat at off peak eating times and so they had that dinning coupon readily available in the blog so that people could take advantage and print it and use it! They did this because they new that the on peak eating times would be packed for guests visiting for the holidays, therefore the off peak eating times would help lessen the congestion at the on peak meal times.
            What I was refering to was the Dine early deal. But it was related to the timing of the buy Merchandise and get the dining offer. Or eat early and get the merchandise deal.
            Be Cool Stay in School!
            Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: In park dining receipt = Disney shopping discount?

              Originally posted by swampymarsh View Post
              What I was refering to was the Dine early deal. But it was related to the timing of the buy Merchandise and get the dining offer. Or eat early and get the merchandise deal.
              i think it's just related to holidays. i got my shopping coupon last year on a receipt after i bought something..it had nothing to do with eating, but seperate from that disneyland blog had put out a dining coupon to gear you toward eating on off peak times so the lines for food won't be soo jammed packed. Either way this discount on shopping and the dinning coupon is not out yet!



              Comment


              • #8
                Re: In park dining receipt = Disney shopping discount?

                The discount coupon on the receipt is not related to the holidays, I have gotten them at different times of the year. They do it from time to time to boost merchandise purchases.
                .

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: In park dining receipt = Disney shopping discount?

                  but i already get the 20% with my pass
                  sigpic

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: In park dining receipt = Disney shopping discount?

                    Originally posted by Ron W View Post
                    The discount coupon on the receipt is not related to the holidays, I have gotten them at different times of the year. They do it from time to time to boost merchandise purchases.
                    Youare right it has nothing to do with holidays or eating... yes that isthe point I was trying to also get at .. to boost merchandise sales. yes as an AP you already get 20% discount....i just don't know if you can combine the discounts?



                    Comment

                    Ad Widget

                    Collapse
                    Working...
                    X