X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Idea] Taking a Special Friend to Disneyland on 12/9/2011

Hey guys,

I am taking a special girl friend of mine to Disneyland on 12/9/2011. She means a lot to me so I am trying to make this a special trip for her that she will remember for a while. So far, all I could come up with is a reservation at The Blue Bayou around 8/8:30pm. We are arriving at the parks by 6pm and staying until closing. What other special/cool things can we do together at the parks?
    "Ian, in life, whatever you do, DO NOT give up your dreams and goals of the past, present, and future and only then will you be successful!" - Walter Elias Disney

Re: Taking a Special Friend to Disneyland on 12/9/2011

If Fantasmic is showing you could do the reserved seating dining plan (if it's really worth it idk I've never done it)
    Check out my Disney inspired creations.

https://picasaweb.google.com/110319393135337100862

Comment

Storybookland Canal Boats, Fireworks and Snowfall with the smell of gingerbread, Christmas Fantasy Parade if you arrive early, Fantasmic in the front row, the normal nice/romantic things to do at Disneyland during the holidays.

Duffeteer Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics
      Check out the MICECHAT Duffy Forum
      :love:Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011:love:

Comment

You could get a drink at the Alfresco Lounge in DCA. Go dancing at ElecTRONica.

In DL dance at the Tomorrowland Terrace.

The F! desert package is a good suggestion as welll.

You might bring some glow sticks to wear.
        Be Cool Stay in School!
        Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

Comment

Just the fact that you are taking your friend to Disneyland IS special in it self. Don't over think this. "Specialness" that is remembered forever is of being together and sharing wonderful experiences, no matter what they are. Have fun!

Comment

Originally posted by Popcornballs View Post
            Just the fact that you are taking your friend to Disneyland IS special in it self. Don't over think this. "Specialness" that is remembered forever is of being together and sharing wonderful experiences, no matter what they are. Have fun!
            ^This.
            If you overplan everything and rush around the park trying to make sure you guys are getting to all the rides and shows and restaurants and reserved seatings etc you will end up NOT having fun. Just be spontaneous and the let magic do it's work and I promise she will have fun.

Comment

If open on your visit, I have heard that the Matterhorn is a great ride for couples.
              All right, listen! I didn't want to have to do this, but you leave me no choice. Here comes the smolder.

DLR Annual Passholder, Disney nerd
              Trip Reports:
              From California to Walt Disney World: The Road to Orlando (Coming soon)

Comment

I would take a night ride on the DLRR. You and your friend will have vistas of much of the park and its decorations. After the ride, go to the Plaza Inn and buy hot chocolates and some desserts and sit outside to watch the castle and the decorations and the people.
                I am old. But still love Disneyland.

Comment

Take your time when you're at the park(s). This can't be overstated. In the long term, the most memorable part of the trip (for her and you) won't be the rides, shows, etc, it will be the simple times you spent together. Meals, waiting in line, walking around, etc.

Walk slow. Ask her what things she wants to see. If you don't already know some Disneyland "secrets," research some little trivia about some details of the park that you can casually point out now and then. Stop and enjoy the scenery when you notice a picturesque or quiet location. Later at night, there are several spots in the parks that get a lot less crowded - most people use this time to catch a few, final e-ticket rides, which means many of the smaller attractions aren't as busy and can be more enjoyable with a friend.

Comment

Originally posted by simba View Post
                    \ If you don't already know some Disneyland "secrets," research some little trivia about some details of the park that you can casually point out now and then. .
                    Remember to use these in moderation, a few every now and then is a good thing, spewing them out like a waterfall (I know I am guilty of this) can get to be annoying.
                    All right, listen! I didn't want to have to do this, but you leave me no choice. Here comes the smolder.

DLR Annual Passholder, Disney nerd
                    Trip Reports:
                    From California to Walt Disney World: The Road to Orlando (Coming soon)

Comment

Originally posted by Disneylandfan67 View Post
                      Remember to use these in moderation, a few every now and then is a good thing, spewing them out like a waterfall (I know I am guilty of this) can get to be annoying.
                      This is true, and I am guilty of it too!!

I love going to the cinema on Main Street. It's empty most of the time, and its just fun to sit (or stand) alone in the dark and watch where it all began.
                      boo

Comment

Originally posted by swampymarsh View Post
                        You could get a drink at the Alfresco Lounge in DCA. Go dancing at ElecTRONica.

In DL dance at the Tomorrowland Terrace.

The F! desert package is a good suggestion as welll.

You might bring some glow sticks to wear.
                        i did that with my X boyfriend, the glow stick thing.. it was fun. We had bracelets and everything, he went all out..

Originally posted by Popcornballs View Post
                        that is true!

Originally posted by Disneylandfan67 View Post
                        If open on your visit, I have heard that the Matterhorn is a great ride for couples.
                        ummm he said special friend, he didn't say they were a couple... but matterhorn overall is a great ride!

my suggestion would be taking her to the wishing well, let her make a wish.if this is a friend that you want to date and she wants to date you too, then make that wish come true for her!

Comment

See the two best shows in the resort: Billy Hill and the Hillbillies (And get lunch while you're there) and Aladdin A Musical Spectacular!

Please check out my website too!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X