This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Few questions

Hey ya all I need some help on this. We are leaving Sunday (yes this Sunday) to visit Mickey. Well here is one of my questions. Last year we went to the dinner thing for world of color at ariels grotto and got the VIP seating. BUT learned we never used them due to wife needs an electric wheel chair (feet problems). So we get the area for them. Great seats. So the question is what's better
    Areils or steak house 55. I know the food is way different but what would you all suggest?

Second I don't know if anyone would know this but I got lap band surgery (lost 40lbs in 1 month) is there anything I should know for the rides? I have been told that tot can cause problems. Has anyone been that has had this type of surgery?

Thanks for all your help again.

Re: Few questions

Originally posted by Viking16 View Post
    Hey ya all I need some help on this. We are leaving Sunday (yes this Sunday) to visit Mickey. Well here is one of my questions. Last year we went to the dinner thing for world of color at ariels grotto and got the VIP seating. BUT learned we never used them due to wife needs an electric wheel chair (feet problems). So we get the area for them. Great seats. So the question is what's better
    Areils or steak house 55. I know the food is way different but what would you all suggest?

Second I don't know if anyone would know this but I got lap band surgery (lost 40lbs in 1 month) is there anything I should know for the rides? I have been told that tot can cause problems. Has anyone been that has had this type of surgery?

Thanks for all your help again.
    Well personally I like Steakhouse 55 it is a great restaurant with great food. Now it is completely different then Ariel's Grotto as Ariel's is a Character Dining Experience and Steakhouse 55 is a a la carte restaurant. Steakhouse is a bit pricier as you purchase your items a la carte, but it is amazing and the wine list is EXCELLENT. I went with some friends and we had an amazing time. As for your question about the surgery you can stop at Guest Relations and feel free to voice your concerns to them and they can give you some ideas. Enjoy your visit.

Comment

I like Ariel's over Stakehouse 55 - but if you are traveling kid free definitely do Stakehouse 55.

As for the lap band, I have no idea. But PoisonAppleDear is right, you should probably contact guest services, they would know for sure and then there are no worries.
      boo

Comment

You can contact the operator at 714-781-4000 and have them transfer you to someone that may be able to help you with your questions about the rides. While talking them is a great idea, I highly recommend talking to your doctor and asking what type of rides, motions and forces your body can handle. Your doctor may not be able to tell you which actual rides are safe, but simple questions such as, "Are roller coasters ok?", "Log Rides?", "Ride Simulators?", etc.

Comment

Hands down Steakhouse 55. Congrats on your weight loss and surgery decision which must have been difficult. I have a friend who is considering this. Lots to consider. I do not know of any problems that could occur unless your doctor has told you what to be careful of. Perhaps you could consult him/her. Have fun!
          Feel free to visit my Etsy Shop; https://www.etsy.com/shop/AlienKaboo...=hdr_shop_menu
          to see my Disney and StarWars skirts for little girls.

Comment

Originally posted by PoisonAppleDear View Post
            Well personally I like Steakhouse 55 it is a great restaurant with great food. Now it is completely different then Ariel's Grotto as Ariel's is a Character Dining Experience and Steakhouse 55 is a a la carte restaurant. Steakhouse is a bit pricier as you purchase your items a la carte, but it is amazing and the wine list is EXCELLENT. I went with some friends and we had an amazing time.
            Originally posted by PoisonAppleDear View Post
            As for your question about the surgery you can stop at Guest Relations and feel free to voice your concerns to them and they can give you some ideas. Enjoy your visit.
            "Greetings, Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada."

Comment

Thanks ya all. And yes I already spoke to my doc about the lapband. He said you should be fine just watch out for TOT. And just a quick FYI if you do the world of color meal at Ariel's it's a non character during that time.

So I will pick steakhouse 55. Thanks again.

Comment

My partner has the Lap Band and has ridden ToT many times with no issues.
                Took mom to Disneyland for the first time in over 20 years this week! Woo!
                - March 1, 2006

She screamed, cried, and laughed...
                - me too!

Comment

I likeAG. I was not impressed withSteakhouse 55, probably cuase I am not into steak and meat ..but Idid like AG because being able to look out over the water wasromantic! I do not know anything about lap band and theme park rides,but what ever was said before about it I am sure those people areright.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X