Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Disneyland Fireworks Discussion (Merged Threads)

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• News Disneyland Fireworks Discussion (Merged Threads)

Due to unkown reasons, the fireworks at Disneyland are cancelled indefinitley until futher notice. No reason was given out as to why there will be no fireworks this year for christmas. Unkown if it'll affect NYE at this time. So if you'll be visiting the parks, better change your plans if it involves fireworks.

The world is a treasure trove of places.
    The colors of Earth, Sea and Sky. Beauty i'm told, is ours to behold. In the wonderful world of color.
    Indy Ride Count: 2211
    World of Color Count: 74

Re: Disneyland Fireworks cancelled indefinitley as of 12/24/2011

Just curious...official source for this? Heard in park or via a CM?
    when the spooks have a midnight jamboree....

Comment

Originally posted by RegionsBeyond View Post
      Just curious...official source for this? Heard in park or via a CM?
      DisneylandLive on Twitter confirmed it and some CMs I know that are working right now confirmed it.

DisneylandLive confirmed the cancellation was made this morning and CMs notified guests of the cancellation. Hours after DisneylandLive posted the cancellation that they recieved word that its cancelled indefinitley.

Reason for this is still unknown at this time.

The colors of Earth, Sea and Sky. Beauty i'm told, is ours to behold. In the wonderful world of color.

Comment

Thanks for the sources. Very odd...hopefully more info forthcoming.
        when the spooks have a midnight jamboree....

Comment

Yesterday, they announced all day that fireworks were canceled "due to unforeseen technical difficulties." These announcements were going off by mid afternoon when we arrived.
          If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

Comment

What a way to end a day at the happiest place on earth: anti-climatically. How are they going to get the message out to people that the park is closing without fireworks? My family has always just kept on riding attractions until the fireworks and that's when we know to leave. Without the fireworks, is everyone just going to be told by a CM that the park is now closed, please leave?

Comment

Originally posted by Stitch626626 View Post
              What a way to end a day at the happiest place on earth: anti-climatically. How are they going to get the message out to people that the park is closing without fireworks? My family has always just kept on riding attractions until the fireworks and that's when we know to leave. Without the fireworks, is everyone just going to be told by a CM that the park is now closed, please leave?
              Fireworks go off at 845p, park closes at midnight. Not sure how that is telling people to leave. During the off season, there are no fireworks Mon-Thurs., yet people leave....
              If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

Comment

i have a dream....that they are planning something big for NYE which is casuing the pyro to not go off as planned these next few days. crazy dream that doesn't make too much sense? maybe. would that make me really excited since i'll be there NYE? yesss.

flower gleam & glow...

Comment

There was an explosion backstage last night.

Comment

Cancelled? For just the next few days? Or forever?

Because the Fireworks are one of my fav parts about disneyland. No one does fireworks like disneyland.
                    Last edited by RegionsBeyond; 12-24-2011, 02:32 PM. Reason: Calling out a member with choice of words, could incite negativity.

Comment

I did see a random firework shoot off from behind ToonTown around 6:00 or so last night. I thought nothing of it at the time. And then came the cancellation announcement on the PA shortly after.

Comment

Is it due to Santa Anna winds? 5% humidity here near the valley and pretty gusty.

Comment

I don't have an exact reason for the cancellations, but I do have some info:

Fireworks are cancelled for, at least, the next week. I don't have any idea if they will be back for New Years Eve. However, they are not cancelled forever. There was a situation that arose (again, not sure if it was technical or legal) that is now preventing the fireworks from showing. The cancellations have nothing to do with weather.

Sorry I'm not much help, but I'm going to be making a few phone calls over the course of the next few days to try and get more information.

Comment

Originally posted by Bloodrain28 View Post
                            Cancelled? For just the next few days? Or forever?

Because the Fireworks are one of my fav parts about disneyland. No one does fireworks like disneyland.
                            I would never post a new thread to troll. This info has been confirmed by cast members and people that are there now.

Originally posted by brian11811 View Post
                            Is it due to Santa Anna winds? 5% humidity here near the valley and pretty gusty.
                            No, the cause is not wind-related.
                            Last edited by The Forbidden Eye; 12-24-2011, 02:38 PM. Reason: Removed update due to Disneylandfan95s update which is more accurate

Comment

Originally posted by Zambini View Post
                              There was an explosion backstage last night.
                              I heard someone was hurt. There is an investigation going on or something. Now, this is not verified, just rumors of whatever I've heard x=.

I think they have also been cancelled since thursday night? but that was because of the winds?
                              Last edited by PandaNomz; 12-24-2011, 03:14 PM.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X