Does DCA need Mad T Party? or ElecTRONica? N0!

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • frankiefalzon
    • Dec 2011

[Chat] Does DCA need Mad T Party? or ElecTRONica? N0!

Truthfully I hated ElecTRONica, the loud noise, alcohol stand right in the middle of the street, always made this event very un-family friendly and hectic feeling to me. Also now that DCA is trying to transform there Hollywood pictures Backlot into an idealistic vison of 1920s and 30s Hollywood like Buena Vista Street, how is this new Mad T Party suppost to go with the theming of the land... I dont think that the psychedelic world of Tim Burtons Alice in Wonderland will fit in Hollywoodland. I was so glad to here that ElecTRONica was going to be leaving DCA and I wasn't going to have to rush away from that area each night, until I heard about the MAd T Party. From artist renderings it looks like the same old like stands that stretch down the street will sadly be returning just in new fashion... they are such an eye-sore... So please tell me what you though about ElecTRONica, Glow Fest, and what you think Mad T Party will be like...Glow fest is a sad memory of the old DCA, ElecTRONica was annoying and probably something DIsney had to do because there wannabe blockbuster Tron: Legacy failed... Just putting it out there I hate it (hate is a strong word, so I hope my message is coming across clear) and wish they would do something else to the land that could attract people throughout the day and is something for everyone to do and enjoy... P.S. I posted a very unhappy comment on the Disney Parks Blog, but it was never approved, it was much like this but I hope they read it at least and started to understand where I was coming from.
  • LadyNimrodelle
    Elven Queen of Caffeine
    • Dec 2011

Re: Does DCA need Mad T Party? or ElecTRONica? N0!

Wow. Tell us how you really feel Now ElecTRONica is not my gig - I don't get in to that kind of music, and I never witnessed glow fest. To be honest, I almost avoid DCA these days, but I am looking forward to Carsland. Mad T Party...well....I'm gonna have to wait and see how that plays out. If they really are trying to re-theme Hollywood Pictures Backlot then I agree, it doesn't fit theme, but...I'm still not sold on them doing that just yet. So I'm just going to sit back, relax, try not to pass judgement, and wait and see.
    Signature courtesy of Poisonedapples

Comment

• cruise
      Certified in everything
      • Jul 2005

I'm not really a fan of raves/clubs/whatever, but I have to admit that I do tend to have fun when I wander over in that direction. I think that it is sort of the perfect mix of the club/dance world and something a family/people of all ages could have fun at. I understand your dislike for it, but I think a lot of your arguments against it could also be made about roller coasters etc. Sure a roller coaster may be aimed at an older crowd and not every family may ride, but if themed well it has a place in a Disney park, and those who dislike it can simply avoid it. Bottom line is I pay Disney for highly themed immersive experiences and in both those respects, although not for everyone, they deliver. I do hate what it does to HPB during the day but let's face it... that land, with a few exceptions, is not much to look at currently anyway.

At some point I think you have to face the fact that it is obviously very popular, it is incredibly well-themed considering what it is and it brings some life into the park. It is not ideal and when HPB is fully transformed (fingers crossed) if should be gone but for now it brings life to a relatively dead land.
      Disneyland Wooooh!

"You see- Everybody's got a laughin' place, trouble is most folks won't take the time to go look for it."

Comment

• Maleficent4811
        MiceChatter
        • Oct 2011

I strongly dislike the elecTRONica show. I make sure to exit the park with time to spare before it begins and only with venture back to a WOC showing if i need to.

however i LOVE tim burton and and Alice, the movie was to me likely, but the concept art for the T Party so far dont strike my fancy. just my opinion.

So I must say i have extreme mixed feelings on this new addition and almost rather that area be left alone for a while and see what happens with all of the new construction and so forth in that area of the park. these street shows ( dont know what else to call these things ) just make being in that area of the park un enjoyable for the "regular". but I understand how the "tourist" has a blast.

only time will tell ....
        sigpic

Comment

• SoCalbma
          Love HD videos!
          • Jun 2009

YES! I like them both and can wait for Mad T Party.

without them there isn't much to do.
          My Brand New Youtube channel -"SoCal ATTRACTIONS 360"
          http://www.youtube.com/SoCalAttractions360

Comment

• JerrodDRagon
            Adventure First, Ad Last
            • Mar 2006

Hollywood for the most part is just dead without this event at night....but besides the animation building and the ToT area there is not much foot traffic in that area after sun set...so Disney put an event there.

I dont really like these new events (liked glowfest because of the music) but I don't think they should go away....
            1) Makes better use of the area
            2) Makes Disney more money meaning they can keep spending money in the parks
            3) Gets a good amount of people JOBS and we need those in CA right now
            Happy Halloween!!!

Comment

• Mr. Disney
              • Feb 2005

As for ElecTRONica and Mad T Party, I honestly can't say... altough I've heard from many people that it's really fun.

However when they do change HPB into a more 20's feel, it would be interesting to take the "nightclub concept" but theme it to a 20's/30's Glamorous Hollywood Party... I don't know... made me think of a few of the scenes in "Midnight in Paris"... maybe? haha just an idea
              I have a dream
              A song to sing
              To help me cope
              Trough everything

If you see the wonder
              of a FairyTale
              You can take the future
              even if you fail...

I believe in Angels
              Something good in everything I see
              I believe in Angels
              When I know the time is right for me...

I'll cross the stream.... I have a dream

Comment

• calsig31
                -
                • Aug 2009

I really wish they would have done a Marvel theme instead especially because they could tie it in with the release of the Avengers. I also found the Burton version of Alice to be unwatchable. However, I realize these street parties are fun for people (and it's not just adults, there are plenty of families enjoying them, too) so I would not deprive anyone of their fun. If Disney didn't think there was an audience out there for this, they wouldn't have it.
                "Greetings, Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada."

Comment

• RiversOfAmerica
                  DLR Cast Member
                  • Jan 2009

Originally posted by calsig31 View Post
                  I also found the Burton version of Alice to be unwatchable.
                  As did I. But I'm admittedly not a fan or Tim Burton's style. I know other people like him a lot, and that's fine too. He's junt not my thing.
                  However, I realize these street parties are fun for people (and it's not just adults, there are plenty of families enjoying them, too) so I would not deprive anyone of their fun. If Disney didn't think there was an audience out there for this, they wouldn't have it.
                  Bingo!!

To me, ElecTRONica is okay, but my wife and my children absolutely love it. Why should they be deprived of it just because I'm not a fan? Just because it's not a hit with me doesn't mean it's not a hit.

Comment

• dshimel
                    Banned User
                    • Feb 2005

Not everything is intended to appeal to everyone.

Comment

• RiversOfAmerica
                      DLR Cast Member
                      • Jan 2009

Originally posted by dshimel View Post
                      Not everything is intended to appeal to everyone.
                      In credibly true. For that matter, I don't think there's a single attraction at any Disney park that truly appeals to everyone. There are attractions that appeal to many or most, but none that appeal to all. And that's perfectly fine.

Comment

• dshimel
                        Banned User
                        • Feb 2005

Originally posted by RiversOfAmerica View Post
                        I don't think there's a single attraction at any Disney park that truly appeals to everyone. There are attractions that appeal to many or most, but none that appeal to all. And that's perfectly fine.
                        Pan? Except the wait that is? I don't think I've ever found anyone that doen't like Pan.

My dad won't go near a thrill ride, and even Star Tours was too much for him. My sister that likes coasters hates Indy as too jerky. I've heard people deride Mansion and Pirates as too scary for little kids, Snow and Pinoc as boring, Toad for the ending scene, Small World for the song....

Comment

• RiversOfAmerica
                          DLR Cast Member
                          • Jan 2009

Originally posted by dshimel View Post
                          I don't think I've ever found anyone that doen't like Pan.
                          I've heard the occaisional teen bypass Pan, saying "I don't want to go on that, it's stupid/boring". To each his own. I don't particularly agree.

However, assuming it were true that everyone likes Pan, does that mean we should have a park full of Pan-like rides? Of course not.

Comment

• A113
                            Looking for America
                            • Nov 2009

They are "okay." I personally liked ElecTRONica because I would always hang out at Flynn's Arcade. Though, aren't these events just temporary to attract attendance before redoing Hollywood (if this is going to happen)?
                            California Screamin' Ride Count: 111

Comment

• frollofan
                              ********ter
                              • Mar 2010

off topic: Pirates probably has the most appeal to everyone even if some little kids don't like the small drops and noise
                              Also, Toy Story Mania is usually never disliked by a majority of guests

Anyways, I have never visited any dance party at DCA and I don't intend to in the future, but I don't mind that it's there for people to enjoy, I will just avoid it

Comment

• pyttius
                                Loves the GOAT TRICK!
                                • Oct 2006

frankiefalzon, what would you like to see there??? My only problem with this post is that it does the typical thing of complaining without offering any suggestions or alternative. All the author does is say that there should be something else. What would be a good night time draw to that corner of the park?

I realize that not everyone is going to like elecTRONica or that Mad Hatter's Tea Party idea, but what would YOU do to draw people to that area of the park, specifically at night?? I realize you do not spend any time at elecTRONica now, but other than just passing through the Hollywood Backlot on your way to ToT, how much time did you really spend in that area of the park at night anyway?

Before Glow Fest that corner of the park was a literal ghost town with a couple of people here and there and empty stage buildings that once contained rides. Soon, with people heading over to Carsland then over to ToT at night, the only reason to be in that corner of the park will be to quickly make it to the exit out of the park.

What would you like to see in that area of the park. What night time "thing" would draw people that way??

---------- Post added 01-14-2012 at 10:17 AM ----------

Originally posted by calsig31 View Post
                                I really wish they would have done a Marvel theme instead especially because they could tie it in with the release of the Avengers. I also found the Burton version of Alice to be unwatchable. However, I realize these street parties are fun for people (and it's not just adults, there are plenty of families enjoying them, too) so I would not deprive anyone of their fun. If Disney didn't think there was an audience out there for this, they wouldn't have it.
                                I totally agree!! How cool would a Super Hero Party be??? Marvel characters out and about. Building projections making it feel like you were in a comic book. I think I'd be fun.

Comment

• RiversOfAmerica
                                  DLR Cast Member
                                  • Jan 2009

Originally posted by A113 View Post
                                  ... aren't these events just temporary to attract attendance before redoing Hollywood (if this is going to happen)?
                                  Yes and no.

Yes, these are not designed or intended to be indefinite or permanent.

No, they weren't created for the purpose of temporarily attracting guests before redoing Hollywood. Glowfest was actually an outside vendor, hired to provide alternate activities for guests who were waiting to see the second showing of World of Color when it first premiered. Glowfest was so unexpectedly popular, the Entertainment department created ElecTRONica to succeed Glowfest, but also take advantage of the upcoming TRON premiere. Most agree that the TRON theme has run its course, but also recognize the popularity which was not expected. Hence, we have the upcoming Mad T Party.

Comment

• Eckert
                                    New MiceChatter
                                    • Jan 2012

Originally posted by frankiefalzon View Post
                                    Truthfully I hated ElecTRONica, the loud noise, alcohol stand right in the middle of the street, always made this event very un-family friendly and hectic feeling to me. Also now that DCA is trying to transform there Hollywood pictures Backlot into an idealistic vison of 1920s and 30s Hollywood like Buena Vista Street, how is this new Mad T Party suppost to go with the theming of the land... I dont think that the psychedelic world of Tim Burtons Alice in Wonderland will fit in Hollywoodland. I was so glad to here that ElecTRONica was going to be leaving DCA and I wasn't going to have to rush away from that area each night, until I heard about the MAd T Party. From artist renderings it looks like the same old like stands that stretch down the street will sadly be returning just in new fashion... they are such an eye-sore... So please tell me what you though about ElecTRONica, Glow Fest, and what you think Mad T Party will be like...Glow fest is a sad memory of the old DCA, ElecTRONica was annoying and probably something DIsney had to do because there wannabe blockbuster Tron: Legacy failed... Just putting it out there I hate it (hate is a strong word, so I hope my message is coming across clear) and wish they would do something else to the land that could attract people throughout the day and is something for everyone to do and enjoy... P.S. I posted a very unhappy comment on the Disney Parks Blog, but it was never approved, it was much like this but I hope they read it at least and started to understand where I was coming from.
                                    Okay, first of all.. CALM DOWN!!! second of all, TRON Legacy did not fail, it was a moderate success in the US and a smash hit overseas... second, I can uderstand why such a hateful message would not be approved by disney online, Third, If you really want Disney to listen, be mature about it and write a polite letter to management..They will listen if you are not seething with rage..:thumbup:

Comment

• RiversOfAmerica
                                      DLR Cast Member
                                      • Jan 2009

Originally posted by Eckert View Post
                                      TRON Legacy did not fail, it was a moderate success in the US and a smash hit overseas...
                                      100% fact. It cost $170million to make, and took in $400million worldwide. That's considered a reasonable success.
                                      ....I can uderstand why such a hateful message would not be approved by disney online
                                      Very true. That's not the intent of the Disney Parks Blog. It's not a freeform discussion board. It's heavily moderated (and rightly so).
                                      If you really want Disney to listen, be mature about it and write a polite letter to management..They will listen if you are not seething with rage..:thumbup:
                                      Nail on head. Any company (not just Disney) won't give much credence to feedback which is a "flying off the handle" rant. I always encourage guests to direct their guest concerns to the appropriate contacts. Every single guest concern is looked at by the company. I know this for a fact. If you want your guest concern to be taken seriously, then be respectful, be professional, and be courteous in your communication.

Comment

• Capt Hook
                                        Banned User
                                        • Jun 2006

I'm not a fan of these events myself I think that's why I never go over to DCA that much anymore and also because of the constucion there doing. I didn't like Tron infact I didn't see the new movie cause the first one was sooooooooooooo boarding. I didn't even care for Glowfest I'm not into these kind events there not my thing I fine it boarding. I which they turn that area back to the way it was. If you want a dance club that's fine but not there. Put it where that new food court is send they have a stage there now like how The Tomorrowland Terrace has one.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X