This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• News Live Music Returns to the Mark Twain

With the big Main Street rebuild/refurb project going on, the Ragtime Piano from Refreshment Corner has been temporarily relocated to the bottom deck of the Mark Twain:

IMG_5875 by socal_ron, on Flickr

IMG_5876 by socal_ron, on Flickr

IMG_5877 by socal_ron, on Flickr

IMG_5878 by socal_ron, on Flickr

Re: Live Music Returns to the Mark Twain

Wow....glad to know they put it to good use besides storage for the time being.

Comment

yAy! How fun!
      Signature courtesy of Poisonedapples

Comment

Awesome! My uncle used to play rag time on the Mark Twain back in the 80's. Glad it's back for a while
        Wish they'd get rid of that "ragtime piano" poster. Looks tacky! It's silly that they have to point out to guests what it is with a huge label. Why don't they put a poster on the Mark Twain that says "Steam Boat".

Comment

Question -- do they still have the ride spiel with the corresponding background music going on while the piano player is playing? Or is it turned off? I would think it would be quite distracting if they didn't turn it off.

Comment

That...is awesome.

Agree about the RAGTIME PIANO sign, though. Looks just as ridiculous on the Mark Twain as it does on Main Street. :lol:

Comment

Originally posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
              Question -- do they still have the ride spiel with the corresponding background music going on while the piano player is playing? Or is it turned off? I would think it would be quite distracting if they didn't turn it off.
              They turn it off when there is music being played.

Comment

oh fun! i enjoy riding around the ROA many times through out my trips to the park. this is going to make me want to ride the mark twain even more!
                sigpic

Comment

glad to see they've put live music back on the Mark Twain (even if it's temporary).
                  I wonder if they get enough positive comments about it, if they'd consider making it permanent.

---------- Post added 01-14-2012 at 10:30 PM ----------

Originally posted by disneyland55 View Post
                  Wish they'd get rid of that "ragtime piano" poster. Looks tacky! It's silly that they have to point out to guests what it is with a huge label.
                  Agreed
                  Quote by Al:
                  To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
                  -Al Lutz

Comment

Also, when "Fantasmic!" is dark you can ride the Mark Twain at night. The Indian village looks great by the light of the campfires. The sign today said the last cruise is at 10:45 pm.

Comment

Originally posted by Ron W View Post
                      Also, when "Fantasmic!" is dark you can ride the Mark Twain at night. The Indian village looks great by the light of the campfires. The sign today said the last cruise is at 10:45 pm.

I didn't know that! Will definitely have to experience that if we go in Feb.

Comment

That's so awesome.

However, that sign on the piano is beyond ridiculous.

Comment

Love it! That's so awesome!

And about the sign on the piano- that's the same sign that's normally on it when the piano is on Main Street, so I don't exactly see what the hubbub is all about.

Comment

[QUOTE=DLFreak71;1056690649]glad to see they've put live music back on the Mark Twain (even if it's temporary).
                            I wonder if they get enough positive comments about it, if they'd consider making it permanent.

It would be really cool if they would get back to having live Dixieland bands playing on the Mark Twain, as well as serving Mint Juleps again!
                            Last edited by whitestrat; 01-15-2012, 04:21 PM.

Comment

Another video:

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X