Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How did the CBJ stage work?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • [Question] How did the CBJ stage work?

    I always wanted to know how the bears switched spots throughout the show.

    Also where the bear that has the camera, that part of the stage in the front, how did that work? They would be below, then rise up. I always wondered what else was down there. The whole stage and backstage of how it all works intrests me.
    http://www.facebook.com/#!/michael.ebba

  • #2
    Re: How did the CBJ stage work?

    I always figured that those four mini-stages (two on each side of the main stage, and each revelaing one bear at a time) had a "turntable" arrangement so that two bears could "flip" back and forth. But the other areas must have been more complicated. It sure would be interesting to see a diagram of how it all worked!

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: How did the CBJ stage work?

      Originally posted by Werner View Post
      I always figured that those four mini-stages (two on each side of the main stage, and each revelaing one bear at a time) had a "turntable" arrangement so that two bears could "flip" back and forth. But the other areas must have been more complicated. It sure would be interesting to see a diagram of how it all worked!

      Huh. Never thought of it that way.

      And yes it would!
      http://www.facebook.com/#!/michael.ebba

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: How did the CBJ stage work?

        I think when the curtains closed one bear would just walk off stage and the other would lumber into place.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: How did the CBJ stage work?

          Lol.
          http://www.facebook.com/#!/michael.ebba

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: How did the CBJ stage work?

            Spoiler alert: There were more than one of the same bear.

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: How did the CBJ stage work?

              Clockworkmonkey is the ONLY one who has it correct. Simple!

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: How did the CBJ stage work?

                The area below the stage floor in front of the bear-band housed Bunny, Bubbles and Beulah and Homer and his piano. And don't forget Trixie who came down from the ceiling on a swing.

                Miss that show...

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: How did the CBJ stage work?

                  Originally posted by sediment View Post
                  Spoiler alert: There were more than one of the same bear.
                  awww...man..... Spoiled it...
                  Jeff made me famous!
                  From the Mouth of the Mouse.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: How did the CBJ stage work?

                    Originally posted by sediment View Post
                    Spoiler alert: There were more than one of the same bear.
                    Come on, really? It would have been a lot easier to simply have the bears walk on and off stage than to clone them.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: How did the CBJ stage work?

                      Originally posted by Mojave View Post
                      Come on, really? It would have been a lot easier to simply have the bears walk on and off stage than to clone them.
                      Bears are not very easy to train. And, if they see that yummy fat kid in the front row after being starved in order to do the show right, well, can you say "lawsuit"?

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: How did the CBJ stage work?

                        Lol, hahahahahaha!
                        http://www.facebook.com/#!/michael.ebba

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: How did the CBJ stage work?

                          Here is one interesting fact. Because the bears were hydraulically operated, the turntable bears had to keep the hydraulic pressure up when a bear was not "On Stage". The movements would continue even though the bears were facing backstage, would react to what was being said and done "On Stage". ie: Trixie would swoon every time Henry was speaking or singing.

                          A very complex elevator raised and lowered the main front stage area and of course the band moved back and forth on a track.

                          I knew a lead back then and he would let us in back stage during the show and I have video, from the audience area, with no one in the theater but me and my video camera. The bears are very scary, very spooky place when you are in there with them, all alone. I videoed the Vacation Hoedown and The Christmas show that way.
                          Peter Pan Forever!!! I Will Never Grow Up.

                          Thank You Poisonedapples

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: How did the CBJ stage work?

                            Originally posted by Lost Boy View Post
                            Here is one interesting fact. Because the bears were hydraulically operated, the turntable bears had to keep the hydraulic pressure up when a bear was not "On Stage". The movements would continue even though the bears were facing backstage, would react to what was being said and done "On Stage". ie: Trixie would swoon every time Henry was speaking or singing.

                            A very complex elevator raised and lowered the main front stage area and of course the band moved back and forth on a track.

                            I knew a lead back then and he would let us in back stage during the show and I have video, from the audience area, with no one in the theater but me and my video camera. The bears are very scary, very spooky place when you are in there with them, all alone. I videoed the Vacation Hoedown and The Christmas show that way.
                            That would be pretty creepy to see that if you were backstage.

                            As for the rest, thats intresting.

                            Yeah I bet it was creepy being in there all by yourself.
                            http://www.facebook.com/#!/michael.ebba

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: How did the CBJ stage work?

                              very cool
                              Quote by Al:
                              To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
                              -Al Lutz


                              Comment

                              Ad Widget

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X