Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trip Report 1st APs of 2012 to Riding on the Lilly Belle--Photo Heavy start to the new year

We started 2012 by activating the first new APs of the year early on January 1st. And if Jack Lindquist can pick the 1st guest to WDW based upon a profile, and not the guy that was actually 1st, I will maintain this claim even if shown evidence to the contrary. If need be, I will employ the Chewbacca defense, as well.

First time on the new ST for us (e were told first flight from Gate D in 2012, man, this is going to get old), and definitely found all the versions we encountered to be a lot of fun (I think the movies are a bit overrated, but the ride superb, which is why I don't much worry myself over an attraction's orgin).
    Click image for larger version

Name:	ST-Droids-sm.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	54.3 KB
ID:	7367071

My Pop Tart had worn off by the time we hit HMH mid-morning, and the ballroom scent made me hungry.

Name:	GingerHouse-sm.jpg
Size:	74.4 KB
ID:	7367072

Went at night, too.

Name:	HM-Night-sm.jpg
Size:	68.9 KB
ID:	7367073

At the Billy's 1st show of the year, we were in the stage box (So tempting to ask him to take a pic of US while he was there).

Name:	Billy-Box-smA.jpg
Size:	100.9 KB
ID:	7367074

There were actually others in the park those days we visited, so we just took it slow when it got too bad and did things like ride the Mark Twain and explore the Treehouse at night.

Name:	MarkTwain04-sm.jpg
Size:	84.8 KB
ID:	7367075Click image for larger version

Name:	MarkTwain05-sm.jpg
Size:	52.0 KB
ID:	7367076Click image for larger version

Name:	MarkTwain02-sm.jpg
Size:	82.8 KB
ID:	7367077Click image for larger version

Name:	MarkTwain03-sm.jpg
Size:	99.8 KB
ID:	7367078Click image for larger version

Name:	MarkTwain01-sm.jpg
Size:	99.5 KB
ID:	7367079

Name:	TreehouseBridge-sm.jpg
Size:	88.2 KB
ID:	7367080Click image for larger version

Name:	TreehouseUJack-sm.jpg
Size:	74.9 KB
ID:	7367081Click image for larger version

Name:	TreehouseROA-sm.jpg
Size:	100.6 KB
ID:	7367082Click image for larger version

Name:	Tarzan-sm.jpg
Size:	53.6 KB
ID:	7367083Click image for larger version

Name:	RosieO_Gorilla-sm.jpg
Size:	66.5 KB
ID:	7367084

Around the Hub we looked at reflections, unaccompanied backpacks, and even used the (shhhhhhhh....it's a secret).

Name:	CastleReflection-sm.jpg
Size:	125.0 KB
ID:	7367085Click image for larger version

Name:	McGruff-sm.jpg
Size:	107.0 KB
ID:	7367086Click image for larger version

Name:	SecretBathroom-sm.jpg
Size:	74.0 KB
ID:	7367087

We rode the Horseless Carriage (which curiously stops at a hitching post), listened to the dentist while waiting for ice cream, and forgot the little castle lighting, then saw it accidentally which was cooler than being there intentionally somehow).

Name:	HorselessCarriage-sm.jpg
Size:	76.3 KB
ID:	7367088Click image for larger version

Name:	Dentist-sm.jpg
Size:	91.5 KB
ID:	7367089Click image for larger version

Name:	CastleNight-sm.jpg
Size:	66.4 KB
ID:	7367090

Now I think we can all agree that constantly playing "When you wish upon a star your dreams come true" constitutes a binding contract by the Walt Disney Company. Nevertheless, even though I wished upon a star that there would be no ice cream line right before the fireworks on an unseasonably hot day, there was in fact, a line. Did Goofy ever do a how to be a lawyer film? Here are a couple af random things while we figure that out.

Name:	AL_Tikis-sm.jpg
Size:	61.8 KB
ID:	7367091Click image for larger version

Name:	BTM-AM-sm.jpg
Size:	93.3 KB
ID:	7367092Click image for larger version

Name:	BTM-twilight-sm.jpg
Size:	58.7 KB
ID:	7367093

When you take pics, you work with what you get. If there's a big crowd, take a picture of a big crowd. A dragon or something is bound to show up eventually.

Name:	F_Crowd-sm.jpg
Size:	71.9 KB
ID:	7367099Click image for larger version

Name:	Murphy-smA.jpg
Size:	59.6 KB
ID:	7367100

Our big treat was riding in the Lilly Belle just before leaving on the 4th.

Name:	LB-entrance-sm.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	86.7 KB
ID:	7367094Click image for larger version

Name:	LB-GCynr-sm.jpg
Size:	81.3 KB
ID:	7367095Click image for larger version

Name:	LB-interior-sm.jpg
Size:	82.2 KB
ID:	7367096Click image for larger version

Name:	LB-tabledetailr-sm.jpg
Size:	60.3 KB
ID:	7367097Click image for larger version

Name:	LB-WaltPicr-sm.jpg
Size:	92.5 KB
ID:	7367098

Hope your year started good, too.

Name:	Stair-Portrait-sm.jpg
Size:	128.9 KB
ID:	7367101

Oh yeah. Anyone ever pull on a door handle in the castle walkthrough? It's worth doing; I had no idea.

A bientot.
    Remember
    What the dormouse said
    Feed your head!

sigpic

You've read it; you can't unread it!

Re: 1st APs of 2012 to Riding on the Lilly Belle--Photo Heavy start to the new year

Great trip report

Comment

Re: 1st APs of 2012 to Riding on the Lilly Belle--Photo Heavy start to the new year

Very nice report. Great photos.
      http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...oto-heavy.html
      http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ip-report.html
      http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...something.html

No matter where you go, there you are.

Comment

Nice pics! I love the castle reflection. I agree, it's much better when you accidentally catch the castle lighting:-) We did that once in November and it was magical.

Comment

Great TR Thanks for sharing.

http://www.amazon.com/Rent-A-Cops-ebook/dp/B00CGP2Y8S/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1367081996&sr=8-1&keywords=rentacops

Comment

Originally posted by daffodilklown View Post
            Nice pics! I love the castle reflection. I agree, it's much better when you accidentally catch the castle lighting:-) We did that once in November and it was magical.
            Thanks. Took a lot of those reflections. The water was so smooth that without flowers or something in foreground it just looked like an upside down photo.

A bientot.
            Remember
            What the dormouse said
            Feed your head!

sigpic

Comment

grate i have yet to ride in lil bell am going to that next trip
              I have a problem with dyslexia, but if you will please bear with me, I would love to participate in the conversations here at MiceChat. Thanks for your understanding! - Matthttp://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo[URL=http://www.youtube.com/user/MrDisneylandfan4ever?feature=mhumfeature=mhum#p/u"]http://www.youtube.com/user/matt4mickey123?feature=mhum#p/u[/U- Mattšoš šoš šoš šoš šoš šoš šoš šoš šoš šoš šoš šoš šoš šoš šoš šoš šoš šoš šoš šoš šoš šoš šoš šoš šoš šoš šoš šoš šoš šoš šoš šoš šoš šo[disneyland repctive of the wedsday show dca eathen brithday 282 by mickeyfan4ever1234, on Flickr

Comment

Great pictures, you look like you guys had a lot of fun! ((even with the crowds))

In March the kids and I are going to take my mom to Disneyland. They kids have never went with her and she hasn't been in like 12 years. I haven't rode the Lilly Belle yet and am waiting to do it with my mom. I know you have to get there early to get tickets for it, but I forget where do you go?
                sigpic

Comment

city hall for lilly belle tickets...and be very very flexible. sometimes it's not running or not available.

Comment

Great report! Thanks for sharing.
                    DJ JARVICIOUS
                    Salt Lake City, UT
                    Electro | Hip-Hop | Top 40 | Funky
                    www.Facebook.com/DJJarvicious
                    www.SoundCloud.com/DJJarvicious
                    Instagram / Twitter: @DJJARVICIOUS

Comment

We actually signed up for the LB at Main St. Station right at opening. I'd asked a DLRR CM named Heather the day before, and that's what she advised us to do. Another helpful CM named Brian had a pad the next morning with a few time slots (I think there are 3 per day) 2 hours apart. We were first and wanted the first slot anyway (10 on an 8AM opening) so I don't know if one gets a choice, but would think you could. There were a couple of other families with us. You can sign the log book, and there was an album with old B&Ws of Walt, Roy, et al. The novels seem authentic, but were attached.

Name:	LB-album-sm.jpg
Size:	76.3 KB
ID:	7340062Click image for larger version

Name:	LB-log-sm.jpg
Size:	63.9 KB
ID:	7340063Click image for larger version

Name:	LB-novels2-sm.jpg
Size:	84.0 KB
ID:	7340064

Good luck to all to experience this. It's great that there are opportunities for personal, intimate moments like this even in a park with holiday crowds. You can't expect one every hour, but they're really special when they come along. Thanks for looking, and thanks to Heather and Brian.
                      Remember
                      What the dormouse said
                      Feed your head!

sigpic

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X