Announcement

Collapse

POLL: Help decide the future of the forums

Please go to the following link and provide your opinion on how we should proceed in regards to the forum software. https://discuss.micechat.com/forum/d...um-s-next-step
See more
See less

The Best Signature Sandwiches

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] The Best Signature Sandwiches

Disneyland has always been a magical place with my friends and family. Ever since my grandfather visited Disneyland on Opening Day in 1955 my family has gone at least once every year and I find myself planning 3-4 trips now each year.

Anyway I have read countless general reviews of the many eateries of the park and have wanted to become more involved in the Disney Community as well. I am planning to begin writing in depth reviews with great supporting pictures of not just the eateries but individual dishes that will make it easier for future guests to visualize and mentally/visually experience a menu before they arrive.

I thought I would start with something simple like the Top 10 Sandwiches on the Disney Property in California. Including Disneyland, DCA, Disney Hotels, and Downtown Disney. Then as I did m research I found out there are at least 58 different Sandwiches in Disneyland / DCA / Disney Hotels alone; followed by at least another 64 in Downtown Disney. They can include Sandwiches, Burgers, Wraps....

So my primary reason posting is for all of your advice. I have my favorites but I would like to see what the community thinks. I will be at Disneyland from Feb 28 - Mar 2 (specifically for the 24 hour Leap Day Events) and will be writing, photographing, and video recording my reviews at this time.

I hope you will be able to help me out with your suggestions. Thanks so much and I am glad to be a part of the community.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

UPDATE: 2/01/2012 8:37 PM - Below is the current running tally of the top suggestions for my review.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    24 Different Sandwiches with 68 Votes

Traditional Monte Cristo
    Contributors: Brisal73(MP), helenb(DIS), DizFan13(DIS), pixiewings71(DIS), QuiConJ(MC), nicolispicoli(DIS) LosAngelesFoodie(BLOG), Javier J.(YELP), Cheri. A. G.(Yelp), moonbill2002(DIS), uneekstylez(DIS), Elk Grove Chris(DIS), Disney Food Blog (BLOG), sparkareno (CHOWHOUND), madoka (CHOWHOUND), lovechows(MP), RiversOfAmerica(MC), 1Disneylandfan(MC)
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    Fried Green Tomato Sandwich - Hungry Bear Restaurant @ Disneyland - 6
    Contributors: SarafinaPink(DIS), ArchOwl(DIS), ErikInTheCity(MC), dland_lover(MC), spacemermaid(DIS), sonjaandsue(DIS)
    Three Cheese Monte Cristo Sandwich
    Contributors: swampymarsh(MC), SigalTchelet(MP), Jessica S.(YELP), AwkwardTurtle(DIS), Acpisme(MC), laurawill(MP)

Wild Bleu Yonder Burger - Taste Pilots Grill @ Disneyland's California Adventure - 6
    Contributors: SarafinaPink(DIS), MidwayManiac(MP), skiingfast(DIS), pixiewings71(DIS), EmmerIsTheMommy(DIS), swampymarsh(MC)

Angus 1/3 lb. Pastrami Cheeseburger - Village Haus @ Disneyland - 3
    Contributors: DisneyDreams2012(MC), blackjackdelta(DIS), SigalTchelet(MP)
    Chicken Waldorf on Brioche - Jolly Holiday @ Disneyland - 3
    Contributors: DisneyGoof(MC), dland_lover(MC), RiversOfAmerica(MC)
    River Belle's Roast New York - River Belle Terrace @ Disneyland - 3
    Contributors: bekkiz(DIS), ogold72(MP), Acpisme(MC)

Cochon de Lait Po-Boy - Jazz Kitchen @ Downtown Disney - 2
    Contributors: ArchOwl(DIS), chris001(MC)

Char-broiled Chicken Sandwich - White Water Snacks @ Grand Californian - 2
    Contributors: skiingfast(DIS), DrBruin (CHOWHOUND)
    Tennessee BBQ Pork - River Belle Terrace @ Disneyland - 2
    Contributors: akiko k.(YELP), dland_lover(MC)
    Bamba's Barbecue Wrap
    Contributors: calsig31(MC), 1DisneylandFan(MC)

Caprese Sandwich - Jolly Holiday @ Disneyland - 2
    Contributors: lovechows(MP), jananafish(MP)
    Classic Angus 1/3 lb. Cheeseburger - Tommorowland Terrace @ Disneyland - 2
    Contributors: trypticon(MP), swampymarsh(MC)
    Angus 1/3 lb. Hawaiian Cheeseburger- Tangorora Terrace @ Disneyland Hotel- 2
    Contributors: Coheteboy(MC), G24T(MC)

Sandwiches need to have more then 1 vote to be considered for review

Zone Cheesesteak - ESPN Zone @ Downtown Disney - 1
    Contributors: calsig31(MC)

Hot Angus Roast Beef on Toasted Onion Roll - Jolly Holiday @ Disneyland - 1
    Contributors: DisneyGoof(MC)
    Guacamole Burger -
    Contributors: MidwayManiac(MP)

Angus Beef Bacon Avocado Cheeseburger - La Brea Bakery @ Downtown Disney - 1
    Contributors: bayouguy(MC)
    Blue Mountain Chicken Sandwich
    Contributors: trypticon(MP)

Cajun Turkey & Cheese Po-Boy - Jazz Kitchen Express @ Downtown Disney - 1
    Contributors: trypticon(MP)

1/2 lb. Char-broiled Burger
    Contributors: EatinThePizzaNak(YELP)
    Uva Burger
    Contributors: MckyMniXng(MP)
    Mahi Mahi Sandwich - Tommorowland Terrace @ Disneyland - 1
    Contributors: orbitalpunk(MC)

Mardis Gras Chicken Sandwich- Tommorowland Terrace @ Disneyland - 1
    Contributors: WITron(MP)
    Last edited by SpiritOfAdventure; 02-01-2012, 08:38 PM.

Re: The Best Signature Sandwiches

Nice Post Spirit and I love the sandwiches at the Disneyland Resort, for me I love to go to the Village Haus and have the Pastrami Burger, I can taste it right now lol. Word of caution you need a lot of napkins.
    They offer a lot of pastrami ontop of the burger and well it just tastes great. I will grab me that with a salad and a drink and LOTS OF NAPKINS. And I will just devour that.

Comment

The Fried Green Tomato Sandich at The Hungry Bear...paws down.

Comment

Originally posted by ErikInTheCity View Post
        The Fried Green Tomato Sandich at The Hungry Bear...paws down.
        Oh that sounds awesome!!!! I love Fried Green Tomatoes as long as they are prepared delish.

Comment

I love the feedback so far. As I was looking over all the menus the Pastrami Burger does look very good. I have to admit I never have once walked into Village Haus i think anytime I have been at Disneyland.

The Fried Green Tomato Sandwich also looked really good on the menus and I don't think I have been to Hungry Bear to eat since right before The Country Bear Jamboree Closed. We usually head to Winnie the Pooh, character photos, Splash Mountain (if its hot), use the bathroom on the lower floor of Hungry Bear and back into the rest of the park.

Comment

I mentioned in another thread recently, ESPN Zone has a great philly cheesesteak. The Bamba's BBQ wrap at Rainforest Cafe is also good.
            "Greetings, Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada."

Comment

And the Monte Cristo at Cafe Orleans/Blue Bayou is one of the best you will ever eat. (I put the two restaurants together as I was told the sandwiches are made in the same kitchen, that the Blue Bayou costs more because it's more courses of a meal).

Comment

I think from what I was reading the Cheesesteak sandwich at ESPN is called the "Zone Cheesesteak" and the Bamba's BBQ Wrap sounds great with the cilantro, four cheese blend, and mango sauce.

Thank you QuiGonJ for clearing up the Monte Cristo mystery. I thought they were probably the same in construction and quality, just charged more because of the Blue Bayou ambiance.

Keep the suggestions coming.

Comment

Ralph Brennan's Cochon de Lait Po-boy is pretty good-slow roasted pork, marinated onions, Creole mustard aioli (minus the pickles for me thanks).
                  They who dream by day are cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night. ~Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

OK I am hungry I think I know where I am going to dinner tonight lol

Comment

Great, the Cochon de Lait Po-Boy is at the Jazz Kitchen. I am adding it to the list. Thanks.

Comment

The hot roast beef sandwich and the Waldorf chicken sandwich at the Jolly Holiday bakery are fantastic!!
                        Well Gawrsh!

Comment

Originally posted by DisneyGoof View Post
                          The hot roast beef sandwich and the Waldorf chicken sandwich at the Jolly Holiday bakery are fantastic!!
                          Hmmm I think HOT is an overstatement, mine was warm the last 2 times I have had it.

Comment

I appreciate all the feedback, and hope you guys keep it coming so far I have received the following feedback for the best options for me to review:

Traditional Monte Cristo
                            Contributors: Brisal73(MP), helenb(DIS), DizFan13(DIS), pixiewings71(DIS), QuiConJ(MC)

Fried Green Tomato Sandwich - Hungry Bear Restaurant @ Disneyland - 3
                            Contributors: SarafinaPink(DIS), ArchOwl(DIS), ErikInTheCity(MC)

Cochon de Lait Po-Boy - Jazz Kitchen @ Downtown Disney - 2
                            Contributors: ArchOwl(DIS), chris001(MC)

Wild Bleu Yonder Burger - Taste Pilots Grill @ Disneyland's California Adventure - 1
                            Contributors: SarafinaPink(DIS)

Angus 1/3 lb. Pastrami Cheeseburger - Village Haus @ Disneyland - 1
                            Contributors: DisneyDreams2012(MC)

Zone Cheesesteak - ESPN Zone @ Downtown Disney - 1

Bamba's Barbecue Wrap

Hot Angus Roast Beef on Toasted Onion Roll - Jolly Holiday @ Disneyland - 1

Chicken Waldorf on Brioche - Jolly Holiday @ Disneyland - 1

Comment

Add my votes to the Fried Green Tomato sandwich, and Chicken Waldorf Brioche! My two favorite sandwiches in the parks!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X