Copies of ride's right next door at DCA.

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • frankiefalzon
    • Dec 2011

[Idea] Copies of ride's right next door at DCA.

When Cars Land opens this summer with Luigi's Flying Tires which is a bumper car type ride yet quite unique. Also they will be adding Mater's Junkyard Jamboree a tea cup style ride with a unique twist. Now what confuses me is why would they keep Tuck and Roll's drive em' buggies when right next door there is luigis flying tires... same goes for francis' lady bug boogie ride which is just like maters junkyard jamboree just not as unique. So doesn't it just make sense for them to take out tuck and rolls and francis' boogie sense there's better ones right next door... also these two rides take up a lot of a bugs land so without them they could finally add a merchandise and dining location making it feel more like a real land. Also they could expand hemlich's ride or at least make it more like a real dark ride.
    Leave the rides even though there's better versions of the ride right next door in Cars Land.
    43.64%
    Take out the rides and make it dining, shopping, or an extended Hemlichs ride with better theming.
    56.36%
  • Mojave
    DLR Construction nut
    • Nov 2005

Re: Copies of ride's right next door at DCA.

You could ask the same thing about Dumbo and the Rocket Jets.

I believe the differentiator is age group. Dumbo/Tuck and Roll for young guests, Rocket Jets/Luigi's for older guests.

Comment

• cruise
      Certified in everything
      • Jul 2005

... OOORRR could we (hopefully) eventually see the removal of "a bug's land" since there is so much overlap? This is just a dream of mine but now that you have pointed out the similarities and overlap in rides maybe there is a case to be made that it is unnecessary to have a land solely for little ones.

I agree with what others have said in that DCA needs kids rides, but there will be some in Cars Land now and "Flik's Fliers" and "Hemlich's" could easily be replaced in a newer more theme appropriate expansion of either adjacent land. Don't get me wrong... I love "it's tough to be a bug" and (secretly) "Hemlich's" but enough is enough and thematic appropriateness NEEDS to win this battle.
      Disneyland Wooooh!

"You see- Everybody's got a laughin' place, trouble is most folks won't take the time to go look for it."

Comment

• swampymarsh
        Under that tree again!
        • Nov 2011

Looking at the attractions simply they seem the same. Looking more closely they are very different. Besides they have different themes.
        Be Cool Stay in School!
        Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

Comment

• Spirit King
          Minion of Chernabog
          • Nov 2010

Why is "rip out Bug's Land entirely and merge it into the Grizzly River Recreation Area and proceed to put a modernised version of Mine Train Thru Nature's Wonderland worked into the backstory of Grizzly River Run in its place" not an option? Because that's the one I'd go with.
          The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing - Walt Disney

Shut up and get to work - Me

My Flickr:
          https://www.flickr.com/photos/130606029@N05/

Comment

• Mojave
            DLR Construction nut
            • Nov 2005

Originally posted by Spirit King View Post
            Why is "rip out Bug's Land entirely and merge it into the Grizzly River Recreation Area and proceed to put a modernised version of Mine Train Thru Nature's Wonderland worked into the backstory of Grizzly River Run in its place" not an option? Because that's the one I'd go with.
            How would they connect those two lands? Bridge over the parade route?

Comment

• Spirit King
              Minion of Chernabog
              • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Mojave View Post
              How would they connect those two lands? Bridge over the parade route?
              I'm gonna go stare at a map of DCA for about twenty minutes. I'll be back with a feat of sheer logistical genius.

Or, you know, realise that I'm being completely ridiculous. Either way.

EDIT: Would somebody be kind enough to give me a link to a map with the current parade route highlighted? Also, sorry for getting off topic on this thread.

My Flickr:

Comment

• sbk1234
                formerly very helpful
                • Sep 2007

^^^Actually, I really liked that idea. Maybe just have the Grizzley River Land, or whatever it is called, just be that large with the main thouroughfair/parade route going right through.
                http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...oto-heavy.html
                http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ip-report.html
                http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...something.html

No matter where you go, there you are.

Comment

• bkroz
                  MiceChatter
                  • Dec 2011

The Magic Kingdom has Dumbo, Rocket Jets, and The Magic Carpets of Aladdin, all practically identical. I would wager that 70% of guests don't notice, and 29% percent notice, but couldn't care less. I don't think there's anything wrong with having a smaller, differently themed version of the same ride available in a different part of the park. And come summer 2012, I don't think California Adventure will be in the business of removing rides when they doubtlessly become incredibly busy.

Comment

• Mojave
                    DLR Construction nut
                    • Nov 2005

Originally posted by Spirit King View Post
                    I'm gonna go stare at a map of DCA for about twenty minutes. I'll be back with a feat of sheer logistical genius.

Or, you know, realise that I'm being completely ridiculous. Either way.

EDIT: Would somebody be kind enough to give me a link to a map with the current parade route highlighted? Also, sorry for getting off topic on this thread.
                    Just look at Google Maps.
                    Google Maps

Comment

• calsig31
                      -
                      • Aug 2009

Originally posted by cruise View Post
                      ... OOORRR could we (hopefully) eventually see the removal of "a bug's land" since there is so much overlap? This is just a dream of mine but now that you have pointed out the similarities and overlap in rides maybe there is a case to be made that it is unnecessary to have a land solely for little ones.
                      Ya they should rip out that Fantasyland abomination while they're at it, too. Who needs a bunch of kiddie rides, right?
                      "Greetings, Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada."

Comment

• DLFreak71
                        ---------------
                        • Sep 2005

... OOORRR could we (hopefully) eventually see the removal of "a bug's land" since there is so much overlap?
                        This would be my vote (but not listed in the voting options).
                        Quote by Al:
                        To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
                        -Al Lutz

Comment

• swampymarsh
                          Under that tree again!
                          • Nov 2011

Originally posted by calsig31 View Post
                          Ya they should rip out that Fantasyland abomination while they're at it, too. Who needs a bunch of kiddie rides, right?
                          Which brings up another point. FFF has no ride heigh except for Tuck and Roll's Drive Em Buggies (36").

A while back was a picture of a sign from twitter with MJJ having a ride height. My memorie is faint on this but I think that was showing 32" or 36" on the sign.

I'm guessing LRT will have a minimum hieght as well.
                          Be Cool Stay in School!
                          Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

Comment

• RiversOfAmerica
                            DLR Cast Member
                            • Jan 2009

... OOORRR could we (hopefully) eventually see the removal of "a bug's land" since there is so much overlap?
                            I know for a fact that isn't going to happen. Regardless of what folks here think of ABL, it's quite popular with parents of younger children. In fact, I was in ABL today, and despite the fact that today is a relatively low guest day for DCA, ABL is full of young kids and their parents.

The CL attractions, specifically, Luigi's Flying Tires and Mater's Junkyard Jamboree aren't in quite the same target. Plus, I'm not sure why you think Mater's Junkyard Jamboree is similar to Tuck and Roll's Drive em' Buggies. They're not. In fact, Tuck isn't even similar to the Tea Cups in DL, given the fact that I don't recall anyone getting motion sickness from Tuck. And Luigi's Flying Tires is definitely not similar to anything at all. It's only somewhat similar to the saucers of the past.

Also, I'd be surprised is Mater's and Luigi's didn't have height restrictions (something which is by design absent from ABL, with the exception of Tuck's).

Comment

• ohmyjustin
                              MiceChatter
                              • Jan 2012

:S Why is it so vital that we get rid of kiddie rides? As far as I'm concerned, they need a place in the park as well. It's nice to have kiddie rides spread out, but having a handful of them in close proximity just makes things so much easier when you've got several little ones to watch over.

Besides, I happen to like a lot of the rides in A Bug's Land!

Comment

• sbk1234
                                formerly very helpful
                                • Sep 2007

It's not about NOT having something for the little kids to enjoy. But speaking for myself, I'd like to see more creativity in the kid-friendly attractions, and not just a collection of rides that go in a circle in different ways. I recognize that ABL is often crowded, but I think that's more due to fewer attractions in DCA in general. If there were more rides of a more creative type which catered to young children as well as other ages, I don't think ABL would be as popular, or missed if it was gone.
                                Just my take on it.
                                http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ip-report.html
                                http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...something.html

No matter where you go, there you are.

Comment

• DLFreak71
                                  ---------------
                                  • Sep 2005

Originally posted by sbk1234 View Post
                                  It's not about NOT having something for the little kids to enjoy. But speaking for myself, I'd like to see more creativity in the kid-friendly attractions, and not just a collection of rides that go in a circle in different ways. I recognize that ABL is often crowded, but I think that's more due to fewer attractions in DCA in general. If there were more rides of a more creative type which catered to young children as well as other ages, I don't think ABL would be as popular, or missed if it was gone.
                                  Just my take on it.
                                  I really have to agree
                                  Quote by Al:
                                  To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
                                  -Al Lutz

Comment

• Uncle Bob
                                    MiceChatter
                                    • Jan 2008

I agree as well, Bugs Land should go in the long term. It does nothing to support the park's theme and the park will eventually have enough other rides for young kids. We've already got TLM, TSMM and Monster's with no height limits plus Disney Jr. and Turtle Talk. If they add couple more rides in other lands there will be enough for small kids for it not to be needed. There is a ton of space to work with to add a nice sized land in BL and the remaining old parking lot. Or there could be space made for three or four major attractions for CL and/or HL.
                                    Please check out my website, UncleBobDisneyGuy.com!

Thanks for your support!

Comment

• Spirit King
                                      Minion of Chernabog
                                      • Nov 2010

When I first saw Bugs Land, the first thing I noticed was that I could see part of the berm wall. There was some plant matter about a foot thick, but you could clearly see the wall behind it. Stuff like that is why I don't like that area.

Just because it's a kiddy area (or a thrill ride, or any other type of ride) does not justify a lower quality. That seems to have been the thinking behind a lot of DCA. "Well, it's a THRILL RIDE! Of course it's not that well themed, but look how FAST it goes. And we even have a LOOP!"

If Disney simply says "well, it's a kiddy area, we don't have to theme it that well, it's just for kids" they're no better than Mall of America's Nickelodeon Universe.

My Flickr:

Comment

• sir clinksalot
                                        MiceChatter
                                        • Feb 2005

I'm ALL for making Heimlich's better. I'm not ashamed to admit that I love that ride, and I'd LOVE to see it brought to it's full potential.

I'd love to see it be part of a much longer Bugs Life dark ride that could easily be built backstage right there.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X