Announcement

Collapse

Your Assistance Please

We need your help to battle spammers and also to keep our community user friendly.
PLEASE BE KIND TO OTHERS - Refrain from personal attacks. Avoid politics and harsh language whenever possible. If someone is violating our simple rules, DO NOT confront them, simply report the post.
STOP SPAMMERS - Report the post. DO NOT respond to them.

2017 is a year of renewal for us, we have lots of exciting changes on the way for you, but we don't have time to deal with trolls and spammers. If you find yourself suspended and need to plead your case, you will need to do so after your suspension. We are happy to address your concerns if you made a simple mistake. However, please note that those with a history of bad behavior and pushing our rules to the limit will not be given the courtesy of a reply.

MiceChat offers a number of ways for you to communicate and get involved. We offer Facebook Groups and Pages, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest accounts. We have a front page filled with amazing content. We offer weekly meetups in the parks. Meets and events all over the world. Podcasts and videos. And we continue to maintain forums for your posting convenience. But with all those options, we can't be everywhere all the time. We need YOUR help. Please don't poke the trolls. Report posts and leave reputation. We'll do our best to keep the forums clean and active, but we can't do so without your help.

Thank you for your support folks, it's going to be a really fantastic year in the MiceChat world.
See more
See less

1956 Disneyland Hotel Grand Opening Rare Footage & Still Images

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Video 1956 Disneyland Hotel Grand Opening Rare Footage & Still Images

sigpicwww.magicalhotel.com

Re: 1956 Disneyland Hotel Grand Opening Rare Footage & Still Images

What amazing footage! And $22 a night? Did I read that right?

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Originally posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

Comment

It was $9 a night. $22 was for a suite.

Comment

Wonderful footage, thank you for posting it.

Man, I like the sound of those prices!

oldhotelguy, did you say somthing in one of your other threads about a project being in the works with all the stuff you found in that storage facility, or am I remebering that wrong?

Comment

Originally posted by whitestrat View Post
          Wonderful footage, thank you for posting it.

Man, I like the sound of those prices!

oldhotelguy, did you say somthing in one of your other threads about a project being in the works with all the stuff you found in that storage facility, or am I remebering that wrong?
          I used a lot of photos from the vault for my latest book on the 50's. Have a ton to use for the next book on the 60's plus working on the 16mm footage some of which used in this post.

Comment

Originally posted by oldhotelguy View Post
            I used a lot of photos from the vault for my latest book on the 50's. Have a ton to use for the next book on the 60's plus working on the 16mm footage some of which used in this post.
            Sounds fantastic. Forgive my ignorance, but is the Book on the 50's available?

Comment

Yes it is, check my website at the bottom of my posts. Also a cover picture of the book at the end of the video.

Comment

Awesome, thank you!

Comment

The 50's book is also at the Disneyland Hotel in the Small World Sundries Shop. If it does well there, Disney will evaluate making it available at other locations within Downtown Disney and maybe even within Disneyland. This is obviously very, very important to me as it would give me the ability to create subsequent books. Please spread the word.

Comment

I love your stuff, OHG.

And next time I'm at the hotel, I gotta get me a copy of your book...

Comment

Originally posted by my7dwarves View Post
                      I love your stuff, OHG.

And next time I'm at the hotel, I gotta get me a copy of your book...
                      Greatly appreciated!!

Comment

Once again, very neat stuff.

Originally posted by oldhotelguy View Post
                        It was $9 a night. $22 was for a suite.
                        So (depending on the source) that $9.00 room should be $74.43 today and the $22 suite.....$181.94. I guess with all the improvements now, they are all suites.
                        Stalking is when two people go for a long romantic walk together but only one of them knows about it.

Comment

Originally posted by DLandFansAZ View Post
                          Once again, very neat stuff.

So (depending on the source) that $9.00 room should be $74.43 today and the $22 suite.....$181.94. I guess with all the improvements now, they are all suites.
                          BTW-love your avatar!

Comment

I will be posting more videos shortly. Have a special surprise to share soon.

Comment

Wonderful stuff! I recognized Yvonne DeCarlo. She's best known for playing Lily Munster and playing Sephora in Cecil B. DeMille's The Ten Commandments, which was released in 1956. I have the DVD.
                              Everyone is entitled to an informed opinion.
                              Harlan Ellison

I may not be the brightest bulb on the Christmas tree, but I do shine.

Texan by birth, Californian by choice.

There should be a sticky thread called "This Day in Disney History." The company has a long history and this would be a good way to acknowledge it. Walt was born 112 years ago; that's quite a chunk of American history and culture.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X