Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A Look at the Stores of Carsland and what they will be selling!

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Chat] A Look at the Stores of Carsland and what they will be selling!

From Disney park blog:

Cars Land.Our first destination will definitely have you putting on the brakes, because Radiator Springspins and VinylmationHad enough? Me neither.
    sigpic

Re: A Look at the Stores of Carsland and what they will be selling!

Guess this is why they made Carsland.
    "I have been up against tough competition all my life. I wouldn't know how to get along without it"
    -Walt Disney

Comment

Doesn't sound like they'll be selling many things that you can't already buy at Target. I'm shocked. Not really...

Comment

Wow, I can totally see now how they're going to compete w/ Potter's theme specific merch. bonanza. Apprantly Lasseter can't even win against Consumer Products!

Comment

I'll reserve judgement for when I can walk through the stores and see what they have to offer. The stores look sweet!!!!!
          These are some of my favorite TRs I have posted

DL 55th BDAY trip report
          My company had a special night at the park
          WdW trip report with WWoHP
          NYE 2011 trip report
          Mice Chat 7th anniversary
          Leap year 24 hour report
          New DCA trip report
          NYE 2012
          HKDL trip report

Comment

These blog articles are always so vague and generic. I'll hold judgement until I walk into the stores themselves. It's just strange because I distinctly remember an insider, I believe it was Al Lutz, writing about the field research Imagineers did for Cars Land including getting ideas for Americana/Route 66 knicks knacks for Lizzie's. It would nice to have even just a little space full of cool little things that are reminiscent of that Americana/Route 66: unique bumper sticker, unique post cards, "fossils", minerals, "western junk"...just like what is advertised on the building and just stuff that is very kitschy, roadside store. I mean it's cool there will be some unique lines of merchandise just for Cars Land but come on, GRR, ToT, and Soarin also have their own lines of merchandise, although not quite to the extent of made up car clubs (which is neat)

Comment

Originally posted by SoCalFan View Post
              These blog articles are always so vague and generic. I'll hold judgement until I walk into the stores themselves. It's just strange because I distinctly remember an insider, I believe it was Al Lutz, writing about the field research Imagineers did for Cars Land including getting ideas for Americana/Route 66 knicks knacks for Lizzie's. It would nice to have even just a little space full of cool little things that are reminiscent of that Americana/Route 66: unique bumper sticker, unique post cards, "fossils", minerals, "western junk"...just like what is advertised on the building and just stuff that is very kitschy, roadside store. I mean it's cool there will be some unique lines of merchandise just for Cars Land but come on, GRR, ToT, and Soarin also have their own lines of merchandise, although not quite to the extent of made up car clubs (which is neat)
              Yeah I was thinking the same thing, Al did say cool little nick nacks based around cars and route 66, but we will have to see!
              sigpic

Comment

Yea, sounds like the same generic merchandise is planned for the 3 stores. But jeez, how much Cars merchandise do you need to fill 3 whole stores? Seems a little excessive. I'll still hold out hope that we'll get some unique merch some insiders mention but I'm not holding my breath.
                Poor unfortunate Souls.

Comment

Yes, AL mentioned that the Curio shop was going to be influenced by the old One of a Kind Shop to compete w/ Potter's very non-generic, theme specifc merch. It's what Lasseter wanted. But the blog is making it sound like it IS going to be generic Cars merch that is already being sold. The last time i checked pins and Vinylmation did not exist in Radioator Springs, in that world, or in the time period that Radiator Springs is "stuck" in. So thier whole trying to be a "Disney Hogsmeade" is gone. Hopefully BVS will pick up the slack.

Comment

Originally posted by basketbuddy101 View Post
                    Guess this is why they made Carsland.
                    Yerp

Comment

So...what you're saying is...that they'll all be selling the same stuff, and it will all be Cars stuff?

Dissapointing to say the least.
                      There is no right or wrong in this debate. It is simply a matter of perspective.
                      -Dr. Strange

Comment

So what would you have liked to see instead?

Here's what I would like to see:

Curios: fossils, sno-globes, petrified trees, Route 66 inspired stuff
                        Ramones: T-shirts, but also ones that you can customize, incl. glow in the dark, your own inscription, etc.
                        Sarge: Main gift store (you need one). Cars (die-cast toys), Cars Land specific Vinylmation.

Comment

Originally posted by JCSkipr79 View Post
                          Yes, AL mentioned that the Curio shop was going to be influenced by the old One of a Kind Shop to compete w/ Potter's very non-generic, theme specifc merch. It's what Lasseter wanted. But the blog is making it sound like it IS going to be generic Cars merch that is already being sold. The last time i checked pins and Vinylmation did not exist in Radioator Springs, in that world, or in the time period that Radiator Springs is "stuck" in. So thier whole trying to be a "Disney Hogsmeade" is gone. Hopefully BVS will pick up the slack.
                          Agree, I'm bored of generic "Disney parks" stuff :sleep:, I wonder how the restaurants are going to be? I will dislike a missed opurnity like the Pizza planet on DHS

I demand something like an organic restaurant, image "Filmore's restaurant" wit vegetarian or/and organic drinks and food. :yea:
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Sapphire-Light View Post
                            Agree, I'm bored of generic "Disney parks" stuff :sleep:, I wonder how the restaurants are going to be? I will dislike a missed opurnity like the Pizza planet on DHS

I demand something like an organic restaurant, image "Filmore's restaurant" wit vegetarian or/and organic drinks and food. :yea:
                            The food offerings will be more unique. Nice article to read. A New Day Dawns at Disney California Adventure Park | Disney Insider | Disney

And different pies for Flo's were mentioned awhile ago by the Parks blog.
                            Cars Land, set to debut this summer at Disney California Adventure park, already has four pies on the menu: Dutch apple-cheddar, strawberry rhubarb, Mississippi Mud and blueberry. My first order will be the rich Mississippi Mud.
                            And I'm assuming there will be even more selection with them saying "already has four pies on the menu".

Comment

The shops will be almost as much fun as the rides (regardless of whether one is buying stuff, window shopping, or both). Sarge's supply Hut looks to be the most interesting. Perhaps there will be some exclusive toys and other paraphanelia there. Can't wait to check out the "body shop" for unique shirts as well. Now, if only L could find a Carlumbian cigar someplace....
                              To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X