Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tech Disney, thank you for posting your observations, observations are what make the boards work so well.

I know I should not respond...but I have to. please explain one comment to me so I don't misunderstand

I've noticed that you people in the southland have very poor manners hence the need for the rules!!!
    What southland are you refering too? just wondering?

next-
    The golden rule a beautiful ideal, one I personaly try to live my life by, however unfortunatly not everyone does, and what is acceptable to one person is not to another, the rules are there to "standardise" (for lack of a better word)
    the acceptable behaviors for a location or venue.
    the rules should not be broken...they are there for everyone

Raysir X if you live by the "golden rule" and gods law as you have previously stated, than this should not be an issue for you,
    I give you the benifit of the doubt that you are doing these things (that you are indeen living your life by the golden rule), and your posts are just trying to portrait an opposing view so this will be my last response to your posts on this topic.

I just want to sign off with:
    the rules, regardless of if they are posted on a big sign, written in the law books, printed in the smallest of print on the back of a ticket, gods rules, or the golden rule, they should all be followed and not broken. If we could all do this the world would be a much safer, nicer, happier place.

and with that Raysir X, I bid you goodbye.
    -Tink
    Last edited by Tinkerbelle; 04-09-2005, 09:09 AM. Reason: to clairify
    procrastibating

Comment

Last edited by Raysir X; 08-01-2005, 03:01 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Raysir X
        "The golden rule a beautiful ideal, one I personaly try to live my life by, however unfortunatly not everyone does" Posted by Tinkerbelle

I did not mention any golden rule and I have never heard of a golden rule, the "laws" I am refering to are from the commandments and there are more than one.
        I didn't understand 99% of what you said, but I did want to reply to this. The Golden Rule is "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you." It is from the Bible - Luke 6:31. Interesting that you have never heard of it.
        Good morning, son
        In twenty years from now
        Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
        And I can tell you 'bout today
        And how I picked you up and everything changed
        It was pain
        Sunny days and rain
        I knew you'd feel the same things...

sigpic

Comment

[
          Last edited by Raysir X; 08-01-2005, 03:02 AM.

Comment

Last edited by Raysir X; 08-01-2005, 03:12 AM.

Comment

I hate to burst your bubble, but not everyone is Christian, and therefore, not every has a list of commandments that they are obligated to follow.

Comment

I am reminded of the late Lenny Bruce's comment, "I have nothing against Jesus, it's his fan club I have problems with."

RaySir X, I fear that you have stumbled into a den of pagans, heretics and pratitioners of Other beliefs. It's very likely that any religious discussion will end badly, with acrimony. It is also very unlikely you will win any converts in a public forum that is dedicated to something other than religion.

Originally posted by RaySir X
                There is only one God why "Momzilla" you would choose to be facetious and demonstrate a lack of decorum by joking about religion is beyond any respectful and mannerful person.
                I am not joking, I believe that there are many roads to enlightenment. A closed mind is the worst form of wilfull ignorance. I would not deter you from your path, why do you seek to push me from mine?

I pray that Buddha grant you peace of mind . I thank the Buddha for putting you into my path so I may examine my own beliefs.

War is over if you want it...

Peace - Love - Mickey Mouse

Comment

Um, here's a philosophical/theological question:

How the hell did this thread turn from discussing Disneyland security to a debate of deities and religious followings?

[email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by Disneyphile

How the hell did this thread turn from discussing Disneyland security to a debate of deities and religious followings?

I'm not sure but I'd like to get back to those mysterious peoples who move in the shadows!

War is over if you want it...

Peace - Love - Mickey Mouse

Comment

Originally posted by Momzilla59
                      I'm not sure but I'd like to get back to those mysterious peoples who move in the shadows!
                      Ghosts? Oh, great, now we've got another Haunted Mansion thread. (Just kidding. )
                      [email protected]

Comment

Anyway, I'd like to give a "word up" to the security guards that keep us and Disneyland safe every single day!
                        Well, light travels from the sun. Then, bounces off of our planet, and back into our eyes so we can perceive color. My body can intercept that light and dance around on it!

-- robotarmada.net --

Comment

Originally posted by Disneyphile

I've been wondering that too! I guess this is what happens in public forums!

Comment

Thats it I have had it. When I get geared up(radio, earpiece, etc) I go out there with the knowledge that you the guest comes first. Your overall happiness, your safety and well being. I spend 8 hours a day on my feet to make sure you can have a "magical day". I enjoy every minute of it.

Unfortunatly we live in 2005 not 1955, we can't go to bed at night without locking our doors and we can't go to Disneyland without the fear of terrorists. I am sorry, but it is true. The PCO program was designed for shoplifters, yes, that is what we do. After 9/11 that program had to change. Now we spend our days in the cold rain and hot sun watching to make sure that Mr. Terrorist does not enter the park and ruin your day. We are dedicated men and women.

Every person in security deserves praise. What you as guests have forgotten is that while you are running from trouble, we are usually the men and women running to it.
                            Well Secluded, I see all!!!

Disney Paranormal Society

Comment

Originally posted by Old_School_Goofy
                              Thats it I have had it. When I get geared up(radio, earpiece, etc) I go out there with the knowledge that you the guest comes first. Your overall happiness, your safety and well being. I spend 8 hours a day on my feet to make sure you can have a "magical day". I enjoy every minute of it.

Unfortunatly we live in 2005 not 1955, we can't go to bed at night without locking our doors and we can't go to Disneyland without the fear of terrorists. I am sorry, but it is true. The PCO program was designed for shoplifters, yes, that is what we do. After 9/11 that program had to change. Now we spend our days in the cold rain and hot sun watching to make sure that Mr. Terrorist does not enter the park and ruin your day. We are dedicated men and women.

Every person in security deserves praise. What you as guests have forgotten is that while you are running from trouble, we are usually the men and women running to it.

(Insert clapping smiley here)

:bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

Thank You, for everything your all do, because of you and the rest of the security force, I feel safe taking my kids to DL for vacations

so again Thank You
                              procrastibating

Comment

I am seriously baffled by alot of you.

Raysir X- no question there- that was unneeded agitation.

But applauding Squishy? That first post was insulting and attacking to pretty much everyone who had posted. Snide and tactless are the terms that come to mind. I'm sorry, I found those posts far more demeaning and condescending than helpful, supportive and certainly NOT dead on.

I'm not sure why this thread touched so many nerves. I did not see anyone slamming DL security, in fact, most posts were glowing in their praise of them....why get so defensive?

I thank them as well for their work- shoplifters or security issues, but I do not feel some urge to kneel and bow and scrape for them either. Can't we thank them without raising them to god status? (keeping in line with our deity problem)

As I read this thread I got the distinct feeling that no one was really "listening" to each other-

Comment

Squish:

Points well taken. EXCEPT your retort to Steak.

If I was mistakenly pulled over by security and asked to be searched, I would refuse. Calling the police is a great alternative. I shouldn't be harrassed if I have done nothing wrong. My understanding is that searching a guest / customer wthout a valid reason is tantamount to false arrest. I realize this is a tough standard, but it should be vigorously applied.

In this case, the customer was unreasonably searched and should have been generously compensated and thanked for not suing the bujeesus out of them. The term Keystone applies.

Comment

Frankly I am astonished.

If Squishy's post has been so well received, and that is an example of how we are supposed to speak to the other members of this community. In an aggressive, insulting and accusatory way- then I have sadly underestimated what this community is really about.

Comment

Originally posted by Nephythys
                                      Frankly I am astonished.

If Squishy's post has been so well received, and that is an example of how we are supposed to speak to the other members of this community. In an aggressive, insulting and accusatory way- then I have sadly underestimated what this community is really about.
                                      don't worry, I completely agree with you on everything you said in this post and your previous post.

Comment

What a Train Wreck!

Wow! In all my years of computing, this is an all-time freaky-deaky post. We had it all!!!
                                        -Misinformation
                                        -religious debates
                                        -slams against other posters

I am teary eyed, and I promissed I wouldn't cry today.

On the bright side, there were a few lucid points, and enough nutty comments to make me laugh.

Oh yah, on the subject of thanking those that protect us. If I may, let's not forget the men and women of law enforcement, who really have their lives on the line protecting us. I am happy to support security guards, but that can't compare to sworn law enforcement, and the risks they encounter.

Oh, one more thing. I am ordering two tons of salt, so if anyone needs any grains to help ease the pain of some weird posts, help yourself.

Have a great day, and let's keep the disfunction alive!

Comment

Originally posted by Max Fischer
                                          Wow! In all my years of computing, this is an all-time freaky-deaky post. We had it all!!!
                                          -Misinformation
                                          -religious debates
                                          -slams against other posters
                                          Yeah, but we haven't yet discussed other aspects like, "Does Disney increase the amount of security during Gay Days?"

[email protected]

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                          Working...
                                          X