This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Chat] The Mad Hatter merchandise within the park vs. the Face Character

One thing I find odd is that DLR stopped selling the 1951's Mad Hatter's hats and replaced them for Burton's 2010 Hatter. I had a friend who wore the 1951 version in the park and the Mad Hatter was so excited to see it that he took up all of his time signing her hat before he had to go (much to the dismay of other guests...). This leads me to wonder if DLR will eventually change the face character to Burton's version as well. What I don't understand is why not sell the two options?

Re: The Mad Hatter merchandise within the park vs. the Face Character

I am really not a fan of the Burton version of Alice in Wonderland. I thought it would grow on me over time, but I actually like it less and less as time goes by. I like the character of Jack Sparrow, but I find it irritating how they plastered him all over the POTC ride. (One would have been PLENTY.) If they do away with the old hatter for the Burton/Depp version, this may sound like an over reaction, but I'll feel a bit heartbroken/crushed. :-/
    * *The dreams that you wish will come true* *

Comment

Sadly, that's merchandise standard for most all of Disneyland these days: sell movie products instead of ride products. Most Pirates items which aren't 'high end' are movie style or characters, Haunted Mansion store in theme sells only Nightmare Before Christmas merchandise largely apart from a few shirts and a deck of cards....classic rides or items formerly available given short-shrift if there's a modern film.
      when the spooks have a midnight jamboree....

Comment

I doubt it. TDA wouldnt remove shuch a classic character.Besides, if they replace the mad hatter they would have to replace Alice too.We'll probably be seeing the 2010 version in DCA with the Mad T Party coming

http://www.youtube.com/user/ridesandstuff

Comment

Originally posted by meghanbee View Post
          This leads me to wonder if DLR will eventually change the face character to Burton's version as well. What I don't understand is why not sell the two options?
          I hope not
          Quote by Al:
          To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
          -Al Lutz

Comment

I really dislike the Burton Mad Hatter, plus the movie is not even the classic Alice in Wonderland, but a continuation tale.

Comment

They don't sell the large green hatter hat anymore? I could have sworn I saw it recently. Maybe I just saw someone wearing one. I find that odd that they would no longer carry that.

Facebook me!
              Join in the Disney fun at MyVMK!

Comment

I cannot understand why the two cannot co-exist. There are fans of both! The merch department really needs to get rid of the walmart mentality and offer some quality merch and not just movie tie in product!
                BGood! It's not just my motto its my name!

Comment

At Disneyshopping (.com) if you search Mad Hatter Hats
                  nothing shows up
                  You can however, purchase a Mad Hatter bird house Hat

Alice in Wonderland Mad Hatter Birdhouse by Jim Shore

$44.50

Quote by Al:
                  To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
                  -Al Lutz

Comment

^^^
                    Can you wear it?

Comment

Originally posted by Stitch626626 View Post
                      ^^^
                      Can you wear it?
                      Don't think so.
                      It's a bird house
                      but you could try.
                      It's an expensive try ($44.50)
                      Quote by Al:
                      -Al Lutz

Comment

Originally posted by DLFreak71 View Post
                        Don't think so.
                        It's a bird house
                        but you could try.
                        It's an expensive try ($44.50)
                        Plus might have birds flying at your head all day!
                        BGood! It's not just my motto its my name!

Comment

Originally posted by mickdaddy View Post
                          Plus might have birds flying at your head all day!
                          people walk dogs to get people to talk to them (get dates)
                          maybe the same could happen with birds.
                          Quote by Al:
                          -Al Lutz

Comment

I got my Madhatter hat in 2006, good thing i didnt toss it, but now its lost in my storage container
                            Having DL withdrawls

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X