This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Chat] what holidays would you like to see observed in the parks

With madi gras currently being celebrated,and lunar new year having been celebrated already,what holidays would you like to see celebrated? I think it would be cool to see groundhog day in grizzly peak,or St patricks day near IASW.

http://www.youtube.com/user/ridesandstuff

Re: what holidays would you like to see observed in the parks

Im allways surprised at how little love Easter gets in the parks. I mean every shopping mall in the world at least has a easter bunny character to meet. Disneyland seems to have nothing at all for it.

Comment

The Tokyo resort goes all out for Easter, which I've always found interesting. I think DLR needs to take a leaf out of TDR's book and turn it into a celebration.

Photo Via jdhilger

Comment

Chinese New Year. If nothing else Chinese New Year has great imagery that would be fun to see in Disneyland.

Comment

chinese new year was already celebrated

Comment

How about there are already too many being celebrated.

The plaque at the berm tunnel into Main Street reads:

Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow and fantasy
            It is the very reason many go to Disneyland - to do just that. It becomes exceedingly difficult to "leave today" and escape to those other realms when the park is all decked out and celebrating the holiday of the week from outside the berm. It kind of yanks you by the elastic band and gives you a wedgie right back into today's reality. Not at all what the message on those plaques really means.

So - I'd say not MORE holidays - but FEWER holidays.

sigpic

I am Sambo, and I endorse this signature.

Comment

Originally posted by imaginashton View Post
              With madi gras currently being celebrated,and lunar new year having been celebrated already,what holidays would you like to see celebrated? I think it would be cool to see groundhog day in grizzly peak,or St patricks day near IASW.
              They could dye the water green in IASW on St. Pat's like they do the Chicago River.
              "She's taking everything. She's taking the house, she's taking the kid, she's taking the dog. IT'S NOT EVEN HER DOG. IT'S MY DOG! SHE'S TAKING . . . MY DOG!"
              - Ron Livingston, "Band of Brothers"

Comment

or just leave it. It's already green and dirty XD

Comment

Originally posted by Sambo View Post

It is the very reason many go to Disneyland - to do just that. It becomes exceedingly difficult to "leave today" and escape to those other realms when the park is all decked out and celebrating the holiday of the week from outside the berm. It kind of yanks you by the elastic band and gives you a wedgie right back into today's reality. Not at all what the message on those plaques really means.

This.
                  The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing - Walt Disney

Shut up and get to work - Me

My Flickr:
                  https://www.flickr.com/photos/130606029@N05/

Comment

I really don't mind if Disneyland celebrates more holidays, as long as they make it out of the ordinary. Christmas (for example) is such a magical time at Disneyland. There's snow, a fireworks show, a parade and an overall feeling of "escaping today". You wouldn't find any other place in the world celebrating Christmas like Disneyland is doing. Same goes for Halloween. It's Disney's own take on Halloween, again transforming the park into another magical experience.

I would hate to go to the same old Disneyland 365 days a year, without any change in the atmosphere.

Comment

There is enough already. Christmas, 4th of July, etc. Those are fine in itself.

The park doesn't have enough "downtime" to be just the park like it should be.

Holidays are unique experiences. The more of them you include them, the less special they get.

Enjoy Disneyland for what it is normally.

Bye.

Comment

they should bring in oswald for easter

Comment

I love Christmas at the Resort.
                          i agree with Sambo
                          but strikeuptheband really had a good thought about how the resort does Christmas.
                          Quote by Al:
                          To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
                          -Al Lutz

Comment

Originally posted by Sambo View Post

Also agree.

I don't get to visit the park nearly as often as I'd like and I can't remember the last time I went to Disneyland on a "normal" day...It seems there is always something being celebrated. But, I can see how someone who visits on a weekly basis would like the frequent decor change up to keep things interesting. For the rest of us, I think we'd like to see Disneyland in it's plain ol' wonderful glory. No overlay needed

Christmastime is amazing at Disneyland, and I absolutely love the magic, but I can do without little heart decorations poking out of the flowerbeds during February.
                            Last edited by SpcMtn77; 02-28-2012, 06:17 AM.

Comment

For St. Patty's Day I like the idea of all night party in Fantasyland where everything has an Irish tone and kids can go searching for the Leprechaun's gold. The only downside to an idea like this unfortunately is that there's no alcohol to be had. LOL

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X