Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Disneyland and California Adventure refurbishments through early summer.

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• News Disneyland and California Adventure refurbishments through early summer.

Edit 3-24-12 Newly updated closure information can be found in my follow-up post a few down.

I found this update online earlier today on one of Disney's sites and throught it would be useful as there are detailed dates for both attraction closures, and for building refreshments. I didn't see a lot of it posted on the weekly update, and wanted to get the information out to everybody, and hopefully next week it can be added to the update. Also there is a mention of "Staircase" having it's 2nd level closed for reconstruction through winter 2014, I can only assume that's a typo of Starcade. Hope anybody planning trips will find it useful, and I've edited it to remove the attractions that already re-opened.

Disneyland Resort Refurbishments Update

Please be advised that refurbishment information is subject to change without notice and should be confirmed just prior to visiting.

Disneyland
    Park

• Now – April 30, 2012: The Festival Arena Shade Control will be under refurbishment.
    • Now – June 14, 2012: The Matterhorn Bobsleds will be closed for refurbishment.
    • Now – July 13, 2012: The Blue Ribbon Bakery will be closed for refurbishment.
    • Now – Winter 2014: Staircase – the second floor will be closed for reconstruction.
    • March 13 – 16, 2012: Lincoln Theater Screen Replacement but attraction will be open.
    • April 30 – May 25, 2012: Frontierland Shooting Exposition will be closed for refurbishment.
    • May 7 – May 10, 2012: Enchanted Tiki Room will be closed due to refurbishment.

Disney California Adventure
    Park

• Now – June 1, 2012: Pacific Wharf – Ghirardelli will be closed for reconstruction.
    • Now – Summer 2012: Cars Land will be under construction, and the Main Entrance and Sunshine Plaza will be under redevelopment. All Main Entrance and Sunshine Plaza stores, restaurants and services are closed. During this closure, Taste Pilot’s Grill in Condor Flats will offer breakfast options, and Package Check Service will be offered at Fly ‘n’ Buy. Guest Relations is operating from a temporary location during redevelopment of the area.
    • March 12 – April 13, 2012: The Monsters, Inc.: Mike & Sulley to the Rescue! Building will be under refurbishment but the attraction will remain open.
    • April 9 – May 30, 2012: Ariel’s Grotto – Cove Bar will be closed for refurbishment.
    • April 9 – June 1, 2012: Goofy’s Sky School will be closed for refurbishment.
    • April 30 – May 3, 2012: Ariel’s Grotto – Restaurant will be closed for refurbishment.

Downtown Disney
    District

Now – March 30, 2012: The La Brea Bakery will be under renovation, but will remain open. Hours and availability may vary.
    • Now – March 30, 2012: The tactile panels on the east end of the Esplanade will be under refurbishment.
    • Now – Late Spring 2012: The LEGO Imagination Center will be temporarily located in the former Island Charters store location while renovation takes place in the permanent store.
    Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel
    & Spa
    Now – March 10, 2012: The pool decks will undergo cleaning and sealing. Only one pool and one spa will be closed at a time.
    Last edited by lnsemsf; 03-24-2012, 11:02 AM. Reason: Newer information became available
    My signature is NOT larger than my post, nor should yours be!

Re: Disneyland and California Adventure refurbishments through early summer.

Looks like they might be doing something about that wacky old Monster's Inc. facade

Comment

Thanks for the list!

A ten week refurb for Goofy's Sky School? Could they actually add sound throughout or something interesting? Went on it once, and that was the most boring ride I've ever seen at a Disney park. The entry area was nice, but the ride was meh.

Comment

What "Staircase" are they referring to?

...Nevermind. I just read what mentioned regarding the Starcade :blush:

Comment

I notice the Little Mermaid ride wasn't listed. I wonder if this means that they'll change the Arial "Dole whip" head overnight and not have to close it down, or if they just haven't decided when to schedule it yet.

Comment

could something be going on at festival arena if they are putting it on the refurb list. Wasnt the last time it was used was for the pirates thing
            sigpic

Comment

Interesting that GSS is scheduled for a longer refurb than the Monster's Inc. facade...

Comment

• Now – Winter 2014: Staircase – the second floor will be closed for reconstruction.
                If this is a mistake and they do mean the starcade, does this mean that they are finally going do something with the second floor?

sigpic

Comment

"Sorry, folks! We're closed for two weeks to clean and repair America's favorite family fun park. Sorry, uh-huh, uh-huh, uh-huh!"

Comment

As long as everything is open when Carsland opens...Its all good..but they REALLY need to make sure nothing goes down for the first two weeks after Carsland opens...The Walls have been up for too long
                    Happy Halloween!!!

Comment

Very happy to see Monsters Inc building on there... but GSS going down?!?! How perplexing...

~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
                      ~

Comment

My signature is NOT larger than my post, nor should yours be!

Comment

Ahh man!! Matterhorn will still be closed on my next trip. Oh well, it will still be nice to get a couple days in at the resort.

Comment

What are "tactile panels on the east end of the Esplanade"?

Comment

Originally posted by mr. peabody View Post
                              What are "tactile panels on the east end of the Esplanade"?
                              My question as well.
                              The Chadwick's Online Photo & Video Galleries
                              DLR: 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2015
                              DCL: Alaska Cruise Aboard Disney Wonder 2013
                              Planned Trip: DLR August 2017 & WDW March 2019

Very Happy Disney Vacation Club Member Since 2010
                              270 Points at The Villas at Disney's Grand Californian Hotel & Spa

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X