IMG_6957 by socal_ron, on Flickr

IMG_6961 by socal_ron, on Flickr

The Dapper Dans staying inside today:

IMG_6963 by socal_ron, on Flickr

IMG_6968 by socal_ron, on Flickr

Even Tilly is wearing green:

IMG_6970 by socal_ron, on Flickr

Re: Rainy Day Pictures - 3/17/2012

I absolutely love rainy days at DLR. It almost feels like the park is to yourself! thanks for a all the great photos!
    sigpic

Comment

Outdoor shows that can't be moved inside get cancelled:

IMG_6972 by socal_ron, on Flickr

IMG_6990 by socal_ron, on Flickr

IMG_6992 by socal_ron, on Flickr

IMG_6993 by socal_ron, on Flickr

IMG_6999 by socal_ron, on Flickr

IMG_7020 by socal_ron, on Flickr

IMG_7028 by socal_ron, on Flickr

IMG_7036 by socal_ron, on Flickr

---------- Post added 03-18-2012 at 12:06 AM ----------

IMG_7037 by socal_ron, on Flickr

IMG_7038 by socal_ron, on Flickr

IMG_7044 by socal_ron, on Flickr

LOOK!!!! 4:00 and no homeless camp AND no stroller jungle:

IMG_7050 by socal_ron, on Flickr

IMG_7051 by socal_ron, on Flickr

Comment

Nice post, thanks.
        Disneyland and Haunted Mansion fan boy!

Universal Studios Hollywood Employee

Comment

Nice pictures.
          I was there all day today. Rain was terrible until about 8 at night. The low amount of lines though was pleasurable. Most people can't say they went on Star Tours three times in a row without getting out of the simulator.

Comment

So pretty much all outdoor rides (i.e. rollercoasters) are shut down during rainy days?
            This is my signature. There are many like it but this one is mine.

Comment

Originally posted by DJM View Post
              So pretty much all outdoor rides (i.e. rollercoasters) are shut down during rainy days?
              Actually most outdoor attractions stay open, coasters included. The photo of Thunder gives the impression it is not running (and maybe at that time it wasn't) but it was running most of the day. I know Teacups and Alice both close for rain, there may be a couple others too but most stuff stays open.

Comment

...nice set of pictures....I enjoy the rainy days at DL

Comment

Great photos!! It's a rainy morning here today. Listening to the rain outside while looking at these photos really added to my pleasure and relaxation. Thank you for sharing them.
                  * *The dreams that you wish will come true* *

Comment

Originally posted by DJM View Post
                    Originally posted by 24601 View Post
                    Actually most outdoor attractions stay open, coasters included. The photo of Thunder gives the impression it is not running (and maybe at that time it wasn't) but it was running most of the day. I know Teacups and Alice both close for rain, there may be a couple others too but most stuff stays open.
                    With coasters, I think it has to do with if they have traditional chain lifts that are exposed to the rain because BTMRR and Screamin' were open and usually the Matterhorn stays open but GSS and Gadget's close. I think Alice may close because the electrified track is partially outdoors and would short out. I don't know why but the Teacups always close. Storybook Land and Casey Jr. looked closed and I really didn't notice if Dumbo and AO were open or not. Of course, GZ was closed because of the wind, I don't know what they do if it's raining but not windy. SSS was open.

Comment

Thanks for these great shots, Ron, and for venturing out in the rain. I LOVE shooting in the park in the rain, but I wasn't able to make it over yesterday until 5:30. I started in DCA and then headed over to Rivers of America to try for some sunset shots. The sunset fizzled before it really lit up, but I was able, FINALLY, to get a shot down the length of Main Street of the Tabebuia trees against the castle during the evening hours. Usually, those stupid balloons are RIGHT in the center of Main Street killing what would typically be a great shot toward the castle. When it's stormy, they keep the balloons back stage. :clap: :yea:

For the life of me, I will never understand why management feels they have to set up right in the middle of the street. I know they want to sell balloons, but would it kill them to move off to the side so the HUNDREDS of people trying to take shots of the castle down main street can get a freaking shot? :bash:

The only real attraction that I miss when it rains is Tarzan's Treehouse as I feel I've missed some killer shots from up there. I guess the steps are too wet and people might slip...but I've tried about three times this year to get up there after a storm with no luck.

Looking forward to more of your shots!

Comment

great shots. Thanks for sharing. Disneyland is really different in the rain.
                        Hidden Mickey - Tower of Terror

Hidden Mickey's here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/whatzup...7623565921220/
                        Check out my Wal't Apartment tour here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/whatzup/sets/72157625183415995/

Comment

What a fantastic idea for a thread! Thanks for posting.
                          Was it like that all day Ron?

Comment

Great pics.

http://www.amazon.com/Rent-A-Cops-ebook/dp/B00CGP2Y8S/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1367081996&sr=8-1&keywords=rentacops

Comment

I think the tea cups close because when the platform gets wet, it gets extremely slippery. I could be completely wrong on that thought--but I think I remember reading that somewhere.
                              Class of 2005...

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X