Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why are more openings happening in the summertime?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Why are more openings happening in the summertime?

Alot of the new attractions have been opening mostly in the May-July area. I thought Disney would've learned its lesson when they first opened Disneyland on a hot July day. LOL. The crowds area always crazy in summer too so you would think they would've picked more quieter dates to have openings for attractions like the new Star Tours. Then all those people who attend premieres would've dispersed by summer yeah?

Re: Why are more openings happening in the summertime?

um, no. All those crazy crowds in the summer? Disney wants to cash in on them and offer their new attractions to the summer crowd. It's not a coincidence they open at the beginning of summer.
    "In many ways, the work of a critic is easy. We risk very little yet enjoy a position over those who offer up their work and their selves to our judgment. We thrive on negative criticism, which is fun to write and to read. But the bitter truth we critics must face, is that in the grand scheme of things, the average piece of junk is probably more meaningful than our criticism designating it so. But there are times when a critic truly risks something, and that is in the discovery and defense of the new. The world is often unkind to new talent, new creations, the new needs friends." - Anton Ego

Comment

Originally posted by TodAZ1 View Post
      um, no. All those crazy crowds in the summer? Disney wants to cash in on them and offer their new attractions to the summer crowd. It's not a coincidence they open at the beginning of summer.
      Well that pretty much settles this thread really lol But anyway, soft openings will happen leading up to the summer season, than have a big grand opening, getting as many people in to see the shiny new thing as they can.

Comment

Because they aim for spring but then gets delayed.

Comment

Think of a new DL attraction as a big blockbuster movie.... when are those released?

Comment

One thing is for sure, June is going to be an absolute madhouse. We're waiting until the very end of July. We would go later if we could, but for some ridiculous reason schools around here start in the 2nd week of August. I love DL at the end of August. Not sure why kids have to go back to school nearly a month and a half before summer actually ends.

Comment

The hype of a new ride can last consistently all summer. Perfect way to start a media day & opening on a day where huge crowds can come every day for a long time. Keeps the momentum going.

Opening it in spring will make it just as popular but then the hype dies a little while everyone is in school until summer.

With other park I think it's just been delays mostly.

Comment

There are more people in the summer to enjoy it.

I was there for the opening of Indy....Never again!
                sigpic
                Hidden Mickey - Historical fiction about Walt that mixes action and mystery with time travel and fantasy! Tweens to adults will enjoy these novels. And now, three gamebooks to play in Disneyland, DCA and WDW Magic Kingdom!

Check out my six action/adventure novels about Walt's lost diary and his epic quest. Visit my blog page!

Sometimes Dead Men DO Tell Tales!

Comment

Kids are out of school in the summer
                  "She's taking everything. She's taking the house, she's taking the kid, she's taking the dog. IT'S NOT EVEN HER DOG. IT'S MY DOG! SHE'S TAKING . . . MY DOG!"
                  - Ron Livingston, "Band of Brothers"

Comment

i think more people are likely to plan a whole vacation from a long ways away, or make a long day trip drive, in the summer when they have no school and potentially less work.

and the opportunity to see something brand new might tempt some people over in the summer who might not otherwise have come, and who definitely won't come in the school year. the goal is to get those people who don't vacation at disney very much (or never) hooked in, and they think something new and exciting will do that.
                    "And all I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by" (John Masefield)

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X