This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Rumor] Possible 24hr event for Cars Land

This is just a rumor and take it for a grain of salt. I've heard this from two CMs that I know that they heard that TDA is looking to have DCA open for 24 hours for the relaunch. Now everything they have told me has not come 100% true, but thought I would pass it a long. Sounds more of just an idea being thrown around.

I could believe this because look how popular the Blue Sky Cellar has been since the change over to Cars Land. It has been hyped for three years now! DCA has been known as the over flow park and keeping open that long could make guests realize it could be an all day park. Also DCA will be closed on the 14th for the media which would give Disney better prep time. The downside is the disaster with the last 24 hour event and the toll it took on Anaheim and Disneyland.

Re: Possible 24hr event for Cars Land

There's also the rumor of 24hrs on Walt's B-day.
    What would you do in DCA for 24 hours? It's a half day park (as of right now).
    I see this as a rumor (or pulling someone's leg)
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz

Comment

I doubt it, they never have done this for any opening park or any opening ride, why would they do it for a relaunch?
      sigpic

Comment

The "rumor" of the 24 hr event on Walt's birthday was really just a question/suggestion at the shareholder meeting 2 weeks ago.
        The Mur

Comment

well to be fair..Disneyland was just open for 24 hours NOT DCA....and with the new T party opening that night too....could be worth it
          Happy Halloween!!!

Comment

Is it just me or is the 24-hour event rumor the new black?

Comment

Originally posted by ohmyjustin View Post
              Is it just me or is the 24-hour event rumor the new black?
              I think so.
              Quote by Al:
              To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
              -Al Lutz

Comment

Originally posted by WildForMrToad View Post
                I doubt it, they never have done this for any opening park or any opening ride, why would they do it for a relaunch?
                ...Star Tours in 1987 would like to have a word with you...

Comment

Originally posted by goldenstate5 View Post
                  ...Star Tours in 1987 would like to have a word with you...
                  WildForMrToad is technically correct, Disneyland didn't have a 24 hour party when Star Tours debuted.

Comment

Originally posted by Mojave View Post
                    WildForMrToad is technically correct, Disneyland didn't have a 24 hour party when Star Tours debuted.
                    Forgot about that! haha
                    sigpic

Comment

I think it's definitely a possibility, as I think the reopening will be VERY crowded! However I honestly don't think what you heard was anything more than a rumor. We we'll have to wait and see!

Comment

Sounds like more wishful thinking.. as others have said... everything must be tied to a 24hr event now is the new thing to attach to all fan interjection.

I don't see them doing any kind of event for this for a few reasons
                        1 - Such a concept forces everyone to wait in line 'today' - meaning there is no putting off riding like most APs do.. so lines are even worse
                        2 - These are brand new rides... they really wouldn't want to risk running them solid for 24hrs and face the wrath of people when they breakdown when everyone is in the park JUST to see those new rides and the ride becomes unavailable for any length of time or even for the rest of the event!
                        3 - It's already summer time and busy - they don't need a 24hr hype event to get people into the parks

oh and BTW... I heard a rumor that they are going to have a 24hr party for NYE...

Comment

Originally posted by BasilofBakerStreet View Post
                          The downside is the disaster with the last 24 hour event and the toll it took on Anaheim and Disneyland.
                          What disaster? What toll?

Comment

If they did have the 24 hour party again, they would have to cut out selling boo's, i mean look how many teens/young adults were really messed up...and dland doesn't even server alcohol, imagine if it wasn't snuck in...

Comment

Hey, I was there for the 24 hour event for Captain EO. I remembered staying all night long to watch Captain EO several times. I think having a 24 hour event for Cars would be worth it. The lines would still be long, but most diehard fans will get their rides satisfied.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X