If you WOn the MegaMillions Jackpot, What in the DLR would you call home?

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Giant Panda
    My Children's Father
    • Jan 2005

[Chat] If you WOn the MegaMillions Jackpot, What in the DLR would you call home?

Assuming everything has a price, and half a billion dollars allows you to pay that price, where would you set up housekeeping?

I would buy the north end of Tom Sawyer Island, live in the cabin (try not to set it on fire), and ride around the island on my mountain bike (or maybe a new bike)
    "She's taking everything. She's taking the house, she's taking the kid, she's taking the dog. IT'S NOT EVEN HER DOG. IT'S MY DOG! SHE'S TAKING . . . MY DOG!"
    - Ron Livingston, "Band of Brothers"
  • NetteNutt
    MiceChatter
    • Oct 2007

Re: If you WOn the MegaMillions Jackpot, What in the DLR would you call home?

I know its an easy answer but I would take the Dream Suite, so I could watch Fantasmic from the balcony and get room service from the Blue Bayou and Club 33
    sigpic

Comment

• King Goofy
      New MiceChatter
      • Mar 2012

I'd buy the Mansion and Indy if i had enough......the Bride's attic seems inviting enough
      GRIM GRINNING GHOSTS

Comment

• toonaspie
        Nutty about Disney parks
        • Aug 2006

Walt's apartment would be nice but I would not be so cruel as to buy and live in the property of something so sacred? Nah. I guess I would buy the castle and try to built myself a suite in there similar to the Cinderella Castle suite in Magic Kingdom.

Comment

• 257 Mouse
          MiceChatter
          • Feb 2012

I already call Disneyland my home for about $199 per year (Southern California Select.)
          The DLR is a nice place to visit, but I wouldn’t want to buy it. Maybe I'd like anytime privileges to Walt’s apartment, but I’m pretty happy now anyway.

Comment

• BrodyDanger
            MiceChatter
            • Aug 2009

Originally posted by NetteNutt View Post
            I know its an easy answer but I would take the Dream Suite, so I could watch Fantasmic from the balcony and get room service from the Blue Bayou and Club 33
            Same here. Most beautiful area of the park.

As for the Mega Millions, I don't usually play, but I am going to buy one ticket. I don't think it's worth it to buy a lot of tickets. With such astronomical odds, you're either going to be incredibly lucky or you aren't. It's the "Yes, there is a God... and he apparently likes me" moment. And hey... I'd rather have a 1 in 176 million chance at winning over $600 million than a 0 in 176 million chance.

Comment

• biggsworth
              MiceChatter
              • Apr 2009

Haunted Mansion!
              These are some of my favorite TRs I have posted

DL 55th BDAY trip report
              My company had a special night at the park
              WdW trip report with WWoHP
              NYE 2011 trip report
              Mice Chat 7th anniversary
              Leap year 24 hour report
              New DCA trip report
              NYE 2012
              HKDL trip report

Comment

• JerrodDRagon
                Adventure First, Ad Last
                • Mar 2006

Walts Apartment....but theyd never sell it....unless you offered up more then a billion
                Happy Halloween!!!

Comment

• PirateLover
                  I won't grow up!
                  • Jan 2012

First off WHEN not IF I win the lottery I would move into the POTC caverns and spend my nights drinking with the gang in town. You know, the Mayor, Jack Sparrow, etc. Maybe bid on some wenches to chase around for a while and then have a nice meal. I smell smoke and see flames ahead, so there must be a BBQ tonight!

Comment

• Bronco21
                    Insomniac
                    • May 2011

Fort Wilderness for sure... It's not used for anything but a CM break area anyways so if Disney could get a couple hundred million for it why not?
                    Check out my Disney inspired creations.

https://picasaweb.google.com/110319393135337100862

Comment

• Peter'sGirl
                      New MiceChatter
                      • Feb 2012

As much as I love it, I would NOT buy the Haunted Mansion. Too creepy to live in. Peter Pan, however, I could deal with. . . .
                      As long as all the Wendys are gone.
                      sigpic

Comment

• Diznygrl
                        MiceChatter
                        • Apr 2010

Oh the Dream Suite, no question. I could totally live there happily for the rest of my life.

Comment

• SteamboatMickey<3
                          Mouse Maniac
                          • Sep 2009

I'd make this a permanent residence (1 of many)

Inside the park, yes, the Dream Suite.

Comment

• MANEATINGWREATH
                            I'm a Lutheran
                            • Aug 2008

I bought two tickets last night and with $250,000,000 I have set out a list of what my girlfriend and I would do with the winnings.

1. $20,000,000 to both of our families.
                            2. $100,000,000 put in the bank to gather interest and prepare for the future.
                            3. $100,000,000 used for good deeds and fun. Because this amount of money is so huge there would be plenty of change to put back in the bank.
                            4. $10,000,000 for...I would go to Imagineering and demand that they use my ten million dollars to build a brand-new ride of my choice. And I'd go on MiceChat and take a poll to see what they want built on this relatively small budget.

If I could buy somewhere in the resort to live...well....I don't know I'd more than likely move into either the Star Tours Queue or the Haunted Mansion. It would also be cool to live in the Jungle Cruise Boathouse.
                            "Y'all come back now, ya hear?"

Comment

• calsig31
                              -
                              • Aug 2009

I would buy the top floor of the Marina/Dreams/Adventure Tower and remodel it into one big penthouse and negotiate a private parking space to go with it.
                              "Greetings, Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada."

Comment

• bayouguy
                                Bayou Native
                                • Jul 2006

The Grand Californian Hotel. Everyone can get a free room too.
                                I am old. But still love Disneyland.

Comment

• mickeyfan4ever
                                  MiceChatter
                                  • Oct 2010

I wold buy a share a Disney problyley a manchion and give the rest to chartie
                                  I have a problem with dyslexia, but if you will please bear with me, I would love to participate in the conversations here at MiceChat. Thanks for your understanding! - Matthttp://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo[URL=http://www.youtube.com/user/MrDisneylandfan4ever?feature=mhumfeature=mhum#p/u"]dca eathen brithday 282 by mickeyfan4ever1234, on Flickr

Comment

• Experiment 626
                                    Nor Cal AP'er
                                    • May 2009

I'd covert the pirate ship to a floating apartment and the pirates would come by and party every weekend and raid NOS looking for gold and questionable company!:captain:

The TOT would be my summer home top floor penthouse,thats how I roll!
                                    I am a Annual Pass Holder and I'm better than you! lol! :ap:

Comment

• RedHandedJill
                                      Shifting cargo
                                      • Mar 2009

Originally posted by NetteNutt View Post
                                      I second this! It's one of the most breathtaking areas of the park. You have the beautiful alley ways of NOS, the Rivers of America, the amazing music... to me it's the heart and soul of the park.

"Well I don't know about you folks, but it's way past my bedtime."

Comment

• missmonkey
                                        That's a lot of look.
                                        • Oct 2006

I'd set up a hammock in the trees of New Orleans Square looking out over the Rivers of America. Then I'd hire The Bootstrappers to sing me to sleep with sea chanties about blood and guts. Nighty night!

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X