X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ohmyjustin
    MiceChatter
    • Jan 2012

[Question] What are your favorite souvenirs?

I visited the parks this past Friday and Saturday and had an amazing time. We rode a ton of rides, despite the heavy crowds, and saw World of Color--a first for someone in our group. We tried the "goat trick" on BTMRR (which we still don't understand), had the best skipper on the Jungle Cruise, and I finally got to try my hand at Midway Mania for the second time ever. The only two drawbacks were the rain during WoC and the fact that I didn't buy any souvenir to take home.

While I visit the park relatively frequently now, I still feel compelled to buy something to bring home. I looked at lithographs, frames, Disneyana stuff (which were all gorgeous, by the way), and clothes, but I couldn't find anything that quite resonated with me at the time.

So here are the questions I pose to you: Is there anything that you always buy? What are your favorite stores? What is your most cherished souvenir? How much are you willing to spend on the perfect souvenir?
  • sleepybear
    MiceChatter
    • Jul 2007

Re: What are your favorite souvenirs?

I used to purchase a figurine every single trip. Then they stopped selling them. Now I buy a pin for my lanyard each trip. I also like postcards. and of course lots of pictures. I am always looking for the perfect t-shirt or hoodie.
    To All Who Come to this Happy Place.... Welcome! Disneyland is Your Land!

Comment

• DLFreak71
      ---------------
      • Sep 2005

I rarely do clothing. It has to be good, right color and not too overly priced.
      Most things I see have to "speak to me". I don't buy to buy.
      Quote by Al:
      To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
      -Al Lutz

Comment

• RegionsBeyond
        Unnatural and dreadful

MiceChat Moderator
        • Feb 2007

For myself, I opt for drinking ware, provided there are new designs or ones I don't have yet that aren't too cheesy. Last trip, it was a Hollywood Tower Hotel ceramic coffee mug and a Grand Californian scotch-type glass.

Vinylmation figures as well, here or there...but park attraction specific designs only basically. Things representative of the actual park attractions or lands are harder and harder to come by, and that's a shame.
        when the spooks have a midnight jamboree....

Comment

• Tuppence a Bag
          MiceChatter
          • Mar 2011

I get new Mickey Ears every trip, because I dont get to visit too often. I also like anything that I can display on my walls. Or jewelry. I hardly ever splurge on clothes, because I hardly ever love the choices.

Comment

• noleafclover1980
            Banned User
            • May 2010

My Indiana Jones hat.. wear it every trip, and when I go hiking, etc.

Comment

• brenden
              Banned User
              • Jun 2007

I usually pick up Vinylmations whenever I go now. There's usually a new 'special' one or one for the holidays whenever I get to go, so it's a nice, tiny memento. And they look good lined up on my desk!

Comment

• Peter'sGirl
                New MiceChatter
                • Feb 2012

My favorite souvenirs are the little press pennies. I've got two books full because they're inexpensive and a great reminder of all the cool things you got to do.

Also, I have to get a stuffed animal every time we go to Disney.
                I'm such a nerd.
                sigpic

Comment

• ttintagel
                  MiceChatter
                  • Mar 2011

My Donald-as-a-pirate rubber ducky is sitting on my desk right now.

Comment

• IzzyInWonderland
                    Mrs. J. Depp
                    • Mar 2008

I'm starting a collection of leather bracelets from Frontierland, but that's about it. Also looking to expand my attraction poster collection. I have about 60 pressed pennies from the parks and just 2 Vinylmations not from the parks. Other than that, I don't want to be the person who has little figurines and collectible things all over the house like you see in some episodes of Hoarders. Yikes.

Facebook me!
                    Join in the Disney fun at MyVMK!

Comment

• Maleficent4811
                      MiceChatter
                      • Oct 2011

Pins and pressed pennies. My Pin collection is silly big, and my penny collection is obsessive in size and organization.

But I love them and they are something easy I can get each time we go, as it is more and more often we go now with our APs.
                      sigpic

Comment

• ohmyjustin
                        MiceChatter
                        • Jan 2012

I'm actually surprised at the all the responses saying pressed pennies. I was into them back in the single-digit years, but I guess I assumed everyone else's love for them waned as mine did.

For everyone talking about art/posters--how do you display and frame them?

Comment

• RegionsBeyond
                          Unnatural and dreadful

MiceChat Moderator
                          • Feb 2007

I haven't gotten a art print in a while, but last times I got ones from print on demand I bought frames at Aaron Brothers (NorCal has such, not sure about LA area) and just framed them myself.
                          when the spooks have a midnight jamboree....

Comment

• Acpisme
                            HappiestHaunt
                            • Dec 2011

Michael's is a good spot for framing in So Cal and if you keep an eye out you can catch coupons for discounts.

Comment

• biggsworth
                              MiceChatter
                              • Apr 2009

PINS PINS PINS!!!!!! and art. I am buying a new house so I plan on having a lot of disney things on the walls mainly attraction posters and artwork i have been collecting for a while. Maybe a different wall for each land who knows what will happen once I get into my place
                              These are some of my favorite TRs I have posted

DL 55th BDAY trip report
                              My company had a special night at the park
                              WdW trip report with WWoHP
                              NYE 2011 trip report
                              Mice Chat 7th anniversary
                              Leap year 24 hour report
                              New DCA trip report
                              NYE 2012
                              HKDL trip report

Comment

• Donald Duck Lover
                                New MiceChatter
                                • Mar 2012

Before i had a child i would look for anything cute that is Donald Duck, but now that we have a daughter, we look for something cute for her, or something for the whole family like a really nice photo frame, of course my husband gets a new set of ears (i dont get any because i have a donald duck upside down butt hat) although on our last visit i did get the donald ears! ummm recently i became a pin trader, so if i see a pin i MUSTTTT have and couldnt live with out, ill get that. but i rarely buy pins.

Comment

• Not My Real Name
                                  MiceChatter
                                  • Jul 2009

I usually buy something practical, like clothes or a hat. My all-time favorite shirt was a black one with Darth Vader pointing to you and saying "I want you to join the Imperial Forces," a la Uncle Sam. I got some good reactions from it. Unfortunately, time took its toll and I had to throw it out after about nine years.

My most recent purchase was a navy-blue hoodie made by Hanes that is ultra soft and very warm. On the left front is a picture of Mickey beneath the word "Disneyland." On the back is an even bigger picture of Mickey with the words "Disneyland Est. 1955." I bought at the shop near the exit to the Winnie the Pooh ride. $44.95 plus tax and I think it's worth it. It'll probably last for years.
                                  Everyone is entitled to an informed opinion.
                                  Harlan Ellison

I may not be the brightest bulb on the Christmas tree, but I do shine.

Texan by birth, Californian by choice.

There should be a sticky thread called "This Day in Disney History." The company has a long history and this would be a good way to acknowledge it. Walt was born 112 years ago; that's quite a chunk of American history and culture.

Comment

• HiddenMickeyBook
                                    Bring back the Keelboats!
                                    • Oct 2009

I have the year magnets going back to 1999 and a 1991 loner. Antenna balls and vinylmation only if it means something special. I love the lighted Olszewski boxes. I used to collect snow globes, but ran out of room!
                                    sigpic
                                    Hidden Mickey - Historical fiction about Walt that mixes action and mystery with time travel and fantasy! Tweens to adults will enjoy these novels. And now, three gamebooks to play in Disneyland, DCA and WDW Magic Kingdom!

Check out my six action/adventure novels about Walt's lost diary and his epic quest. Visit my blog page!

Sometimes Dead Men DO Tell Tales!

Comment

• ohmyjustin
                                      MiceChatter
                                      • Jan 2012

Originally posted by HiddenMickeyBook View Post
                                      I have the year magnets going back to 1999 and a 1991 loner. Antenna balls and vinylmation only if it means something special. I love the lighted Olszewski boxes. I used to collect snow globes, but ran out of room!
                                      The lighted boxes from Disneyana were probably the things I was closest to buying. They're absolutely gorgeous and I feel like they'd be incredibly comforting on an upsetting day and delightfully cheerful every day else.

Comment

• Malina
                                        MiceChatter

• Oct 2011

Pins, for me. Pins are small, portable and don't take up a lot of room.

This year I got the Nightmare coffin bucket they sold at Halloween near the Haunted Mansion. If they do something clever like that this year, I will probably get it as a souvenir.
                                        Merida looks like this. Not a Barbie doll!

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X