This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Chat] Is Fantasmic! Timeless?

I love Fantasmic! and see it everytime I go, but I was thinking if there was ever a time in the future when it would get axed?
    Is it a ''timeless'' favorite so to speak?
    :meet: Because Bert Said So! :meet:

Re: Is Fantasmic! Timeless?

20 years speak for themselves! Fantasmic! is an extremely timeless and wonderful experience for all ages. One of my favorite parts of any visit to Disneyland since I was a child!

Comment

I consider it timeless. I actually see it outliving World of Color, even.
      I believe my future must be brighter than my past. Without that belief, I'm just waiting to die.
      --> Elevate Your Life

Comment

Even though I don't like everything about it, Fantasmic! is based on timeless elements and themes, so it'll probably be around for as long as guests remain awed by it (and it should be possible to upgrade indefinitely)...much to the chagrin of those who miss having the nighttime atmosphere of the area year-round, of course, but they can't please everybody.

Comment

I always thought that when they do decide to replace it, Fantasmic! should be immortalized as a dark ride with mickey battling all the villains in his imagination.

But really I'd rather just keep F! forever
          In the quest for quality, I have no problem with the characters footing the bill.

Comment

Yes it is. I love F! I have a special spot that I always watch it from.

http://www.amazon.com/Rent-A-Cops-ebook/dp/B00CGP2Y8S/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1367081996&sr=8-1&keywords=rentacops

Comment

Originally posted by Pinrar View Post
              I always thought that when they do decide to replace it, Fantasmic! should be immortalized as a dark ride with mickey battling all the villains in his imagination.

But really I'd rather just keep F! forever
              I like this idea. Never would have thought of it.
              I am old. But still love Disneyland.

Comment

Even if Fantasmic! were to close, I think Disney would do a different night time show that was pretty similar to it.

Comment

Its pretty much one of the only good things to come out of Disneyland in the 90's....its just a fun Disney adventure...and I do hope at one point that they cut some of the very slow parts....they just need to make sure to keep Pixar out of the show (besides being on the boat at the end)

2D animation is just so amazing to watch on water..while to me..3D animation will just never be as magical
                  Happy Halloween!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ohmyjustin View Post
                    Even if Fantasmic! were to close, I think Disney would do a different night time show that was pretty similar to it.
                    Don't count on it, Light Magic was no Electric Light Parade!
                    Stalking is when two people go for a long romantic walk together but only one of them knows about it.

Comment

I say it is it;s barely been changed in 20 years and still has a huge following. The changes they have made if memory serves correctly are just aesthetics.
                      These are some of my favorite TRs I have posted

DL 55th BDAY trip report
                      My company had a special night at the park
                      WdW trip report with WWoHP
                      NYE 2011 trip report
                      Mice Chat 7th anniversary
                      Leap year 24 hour report
                      New DCA trip report
                      NYE 2012
                      HKDL trip report

Comment

Fantasmic has become a major (and classic) attraction like Pirates and Mansion. Disney at one point listed the show as an attraction on the guide maps. I could definitely see it getting upgrades in the future, but I don't see it going anywhere for a very long time.
                        "If you can dream it, you can do it" - Walt Disney

Comment

Originally posted by Sheriff Lightyear View Post
                          I consider it timeless. I actually see it outliving World of Color, even.
                          I have to agree (but we'll see what time says)
                          Quote by Al:
                          To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
                          -Al Lutz

Comment

From someone who has witnesses the removal of classic attractions for. I apparent reason I don't see any reason why they wouldn't do it with Fantasmic!. It can -- and will -- happen someday sooner or later.

As the late great George Harrison has stated, "All things must pass."

Comment

Originally posted by DLandFansAZ View Post
                              Don't count on it, Light Magic was no Electric Light Parade!
                              And then once the replacement busts, they'll bring back F!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X