Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why not make it like a real pier and have some sea lions or some sea otters swimming around in there, now that would be pretty sweet.

Comment

Originally posted by flatfnder
      Why not make it like a real pier and have some sea lions or some sea otters swimming around in there, now that would be pretty sweet.
      That would be the best!!!
      Marge: Barnacle Bill's Home Pregnancy Test? Homer, shouldn't we have gone with a better-known brand?
      Homer: But Marge, this one came with a corn-cob pipe!
      Marge: [reading from the test box] "Ahoy, Maties! If the water turns blue, a baby for you! If purple ye see, no baby thar be!"
      Homer: So, which is it? Blue or purple?
      Marge: Pink.
      Homer: D'oh!
      Marge: "If ye test should fail, to a doctor set sail!"

Comment

I dont believe people in the lake would ruin the atmosphere, but it would be nice for a laser (like back in the day at the hotel) or light show.

I agree with Jspider :bow: they should do a Mermaid attraction there. IN the Anaimation Building (the greatest attraction in DCA) they have a mere sampling of what could have been a fantastic voyage "under the sea" with Ursula and the rest. Who knows what the future holds for that park though?

:thumbup: "This guy!"

Comment

With the chemicals and treatments they put in that water to keep it clean? The sea lions would need biohazard suits to swim in it...
          Honor those who fall under the sword.
          But pity the warrior who has slain all his enemies.

Comment

Originally posted by Reaver
            With the chemicals and treatments they put in that water to keep it clean? The sea lions would need biohazard suits to swim in it...
            Hmm good point maybe thats why they dont have people in there either. Ah well! Seemed like a fun idea at first.

:thumbup: "This guy!"

Comment

Plus Sea Lions and Sea Otters are protected... So you would need an animal protection staff... That is why I think if you have an Aquarium style attraction you can keep the animals in their natural habitat... Even though these would have been raised in captivity and cannot be returned to the wild...

Plus you can have the flying whales from Fantasia 2000 in a film display area...
              Check out my other blog:

Comment

Personally I think they should put in a water show like at Bellagio. That way it can entertain day or night (for those few night hours they're actually open.)

Comment

Originally posted by HarajukuBoy
                  Personally I think they should put in a water show like at Bellagio. That way it can entertain day or night (for those few night hours they're actually open.)

Cool idea! I second that.

Comment

Knwoing TDA they wont put any rides or show in that lake or puddle. Its more of the themeing aspect of the park. But i would suggest that they would put something mor animated or some movement in that sucker. Its DEAD.. well except for bird crap island...hahaha put some mini boats with sails or disney crusie ship floating around or like a small island in the middle thats kinda like what they have in the canal boats with some movement on the island....Anything to make it more active....please
                    We rock the party that rocks the party!
                    We are truly a new generation of the Brady Bunch!

Comment

I think Kevin Yee's column of 3/8 goes a very long way to illustrating how some recent changes to the parks (particularly DCA) miss the mark. Uncle Walt offered the opportunity (via total immersion) for guests to experience otherwise impossible scenarios. He didn't create Main Street USA as contempory, but as 1902. He made it possible to "go back again." Frontierland was a place where we could live the early days of America. Tomorrowland was unique in that it present a reality that was yet to come. You get the idea. The point is that he created "worlds" that existed only at Disneyland. Whether because they were historical, fancifull, exotic or futuristic.

Now...on topic regarding DCA. There isn't much there that can't seen somewhere else. DCA's Hollywood may be cleaner and more compact than the real thing, but it's nothing unique. Why not do Hollywood in the 1920's instead. That is unique and something that cannot be experienced anywhere else. Condor Flats comes close. The PP area is just not anything special. Re-theming to a boardwalk in the 30's would create a more Disney-like experience.

As for the lake, that's a large unused body of water! OK..if we're stuck with the California theme...how about recognizing the Navy's presence in Calif. Stick a real submarine or Naval vessale in the water and let people come aboard. I know there are enough restaurants already, but this would create an opportunity for an interestingly themed eatery. I also think people would have some fun piloting their own small boats or paddle boats. Some A,B & C class attractions. That lake is just waiting to be played-with.
                      "Yesterday, a man walked up to me and said, 'Isn't it a shame that Walt Disney couldn't be here to see this?' and I said, "He did see this, that's why it's here."
                      -Art Linkletter July 17, 2005-

When you wish upon a star your dreams come true.

Comment

Originally posted by The Mad Hatter
                        Three words....swan paddle boats!
                        Great idea. If not specifically swan paddle boats, at least some kind of boat attraction, since the Motorboat Cruise has been closed for decades.
                        "I could never convince the financiers that Disneyland was feasible because dreams offer too little collateral"

--Walt Disney

Comment

AA sea life. Real sea life stinks and is expensive to maintain. AA clams can squirt water at you like on the 3 Stooges.

Surfers. Oil platforms. Maybe a Spruce Goose ride. A Japaneese sub ride (with narration by Slim Pickins). A sailboat ride. AA body-builders (like Venice Beach). Queen Mary Restaurant.
                          "She's taking everything. She's taking the house, she's taking the kid, she's taking the dog. IT'S NOT EVEN HER DOG. IT'S MY DOG! SHE'S TAKING . . . MY DOG!"
                          - Ron Livingston, "Band of Brothers"

Comment

Originally posted by Giant Panda
                            AA clams can squirt water at you like on the 3 Stooges.
                            LOL! I'd go for that! Long Live The Stooges!

A Japaneese sub ride (with narration by Slim Pickins).
                            :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
                            (wonders how man people got that...)

"Your guns! Lemme hear 'em!"

Of course if you want to be more up to date you'd have to add a waterspout attraction...

And what's the deal with a California themed park without a single Earthquate themed ride, show or experience!?!

Comment

Fill it with alligators. People like to watch alligators laying around.
                              Cosmo Kramer: Well I can't go back to the public courses now! I can't! I WON'T!

Comment

Originally posted by SurfedUpDane
                                Fill it with alligators. People like to watch alligators laying around.
                                lol. Wrong Disney park...

Comment

"Your guns! Lemme hear 'em!"
                                  You think the Sun Wheel is fun now .... just wait until it gets blown off of its axle and rolls down the pier into the water....
                                  E ticket all the way!!!
                                  "She's taking everything. She's taking the house, she's taking the kid, she's taking the dog. IT'S NOT EVEN HER DOG. IT'S MY DOG! SHE'S TAKING . . . MY DOG!"
                                  - Ron Livingston, "Band of Brothers"

Comment

AA sea life. Real sea life stinks and is expensive to maintain. AA clams can squirt water at you like on the 3 Stooges.
                                    Yeah! Stooges rule! They should have their own attraction.
                                    "I could never convince the financiers that Disneyland was feasible because dreams offer too little collateral"

--Walt Disney

Comment

Originally posted by E-ticket
                                      Yeah! Stooges rule! They should have their own attraction.
                                      Nooooo..... Visions of riding a giant hand poking the eyes of Curly joe just popped into my head....

AAAAAHHHHHGGGGGHHHHH!
                                      Check out my other blog:

Comment

And what's the deal with a California themed park without a single Earthquate themed ride, show or experience!?!
                                        They Could Name It VVVVVVIIIIIIIBBBBBBBEEEEEEERRRRRAAAAATTTTTTTEEEEE! !!!!!
                                        The Ride

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
                                        Originally posted by drunkmom
                                        this is my first buzzed post in the DMCA -- I'm really in this club because I'm a bitch more than anything. I've only had to hit the backspace 4 (oops, make that 5) times in (now 7) in this (now 9) (now 15) in this post! Damn, now I'm up to 18! Our neighbors were (19) (20) making tequilla sunrises. I thought I couldn't do tequilla (22) anymore but (24) this stuff (26) was good! It started (27) with an s

Comment

What about they put in a AA humpback whale? The fin comes up and slaps down every now and then, and they squirt water/fog into the air off the back in various places around the lake...

Oh, Mr. Gepetto....

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                          Working...
                                          X