X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cellarhound
    replied
    Originally posted by Wotan
    Yes, but they already used that in the wonderful, magical, thankfully it's gone Parade of the Stars.

Unless you're proposing (gasp!) that Disney take an attraction used in one park and recycle it for use in some other Disney park. What could that lead to?
    Egad no...

I'd rather see Steven Davidson fly through the air as Tinkerbell first...

Leave a comment:

• Wotan
    replied
    Originally posted by cellarhound
    But don't you know Humpbacks fly, Wotan? Fantasia 2000...
    Yes, but they already used that in the wonderful, magical, thankfully it's gone Parade of the Stars.

Unless you're proposing (gasp!) that Disney take an attraction used in one park and recycle it for use in some other Disney park. What could that lead to?

Leave a comment:

• cellarhound
    replied
    Originally posted by Wotan
    What about they put in a AA humpback whale? The fin comes up and slaps down every now and then, and they squirt water/fog into the air off the back in various places around the lake...

Oh, Mr. Gepetto....
    But don't you know Humpbacks fly, Woton? Fantasia 2000...

I can just see one passing you in Sourin' Over California...

I surprised that Synergy didn't think about that...

Leave a comment:

• Wotan
    replied
    What about they put in a AA humpback whale? The fin comes up and slaps down every now and then, and they squirt water/fog into the air off the back in various places around the lake...

Oh, Mr. Gepetto....

Leave a comment:

• MiceMan
    replied
    Originally posted by Reaver

And what's the deal with a California themed park without a single Earthquate themed ride, show or experience!?!
    They Could Name It VVVVVVIIIIIIIBBBBBBBEEEEEEERRRRRAAAAATTTTTTTEEEEE! !!!!!
    The Ride

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Leave a comment:

• cellarhound
    replied
    Originally posted by E-ticket
    Yeah! Stooges rule! They should have their own attraction.
    Nooooo..... Visions of riding a giant hand poking the eyes of Curly joe just popped into my head....

AAAAAHHHHHGGGGGHHHHH!

Leave a comment:

• E-ticket
    replied
    Originally posted by Giant Panda
    AA sea life. Real sea life stinks and is expensive to maintain. AA clams can squirt water at you like on the 3 Stooges.
    Yeah! Stooges rule! They should have their own attraction.

Leave a comment:

• Giant Panda
    replied
    "Your guns! Lemme hear 'em!"
    You think the Sun Wheel is fun now .... just wait until it gets blown off of its axle and rolls down the pier into the water....
    E ticket all the way!!!

Leave a comment:

• Reaver
    replied
    Originally posted by SurfedUpDane
    Fill it with alligators. People like to watch alligators laying around.
    lol. Wrong Disney park...

Leave a comment:

• SurfedUpDane
    replied
    Fill it with alligators. People like to watch alligators laying around.

Leave a comment:

• Reaver
    replied
    AA clams can squirt water at you like on the 3 Stooges.
    LOL! I'd go for that! Long Live The Stooges!

A Japaneese sub ride (with narration by Slim Pickins).
    :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
    (wonders how man people got that...)

"Your guns! Lemme hear 'em!"

Of course if you want to be more up to date you'd have to add a waterspout attraction...

And what's the deal with a California themed park without a single Earthquate themed ride, show or experience!?!

Leave a comment:

• Giant Panda
    replied
    AA sea life. Real sea life stinks and is expensive to maintain. AA clams can squirt water at you like on the 3 Stooges.

Surfers. Oil platforms. Maybe a Spruce Goose ride. A Japaneese sub ride (with narration by Slim Pickins). A sailboat ride. AA body-builders (like Venice Beach). Queen Mary Restaurant.

Leave a comment:

• E-ticket
    replied
    Originally posted by The Mad Hatter
    Three words....swan paddle boats!
    Great idea. If not specifically swan paddle boats, at least some kind of boat attraction, since the Motorboat Cruise has been closed for decades.

Leave a comment:

• Tom Chaney
    replied
    I think Kevin Yee's column of 3/8 goes a very long way to illustrating how some recent changes to the parks (particularly DCA) miss the mark. Uncle Walt offered the opportunity (via total immersion) for guests to experience otherwise impossible scenarios. He didn't create Main Street USA as contempory, but as 1902. He made it possible to "go back again." Frontierland was a place where we could live the early days of America. Tomorrowland was unique in that it present a reality that was yet to come. You get the idea. The point is that he created "worlds" that existed only at Disneyland. Whether because they were historical, fancifull, exotic or futuristic.

Now...on topic regarding DCA. There isn't much there that can't seen somewhere else. DCA's Hollywood may be cleaner and more compact than the real thing, but it's nothing unique. Why not do Hollywood in the 1920's instead. That is unique and something that cannot be experienced anywhere else. Condor Flats comes close. The PP area is just not anything special. Re-theming to a boardwalk in the 30's would create a more Disney-like experience.

As for the lake, that's a large unused body of water! OK..if we're stuck with the California theme...how about recognizing the Navy's presence in Calif. Stick a real submarine or Naval vessale in the water and let people come aboard. I know there are enough restaurants already, but this would create an opportunity for an interestingly themed eatery. I also think people would have some fun piloting their own small boats or paddle boats. Some A,B & C class attractions. That lake is just waiting to be played-with.

Leave a comment:

• XCLIPSE129
    replied
    Knwoing TDA they wont put any rides or show in that lake or puddle. Its more of the themeing aspect of the park. But i would suggest that they would put something mor animated or some movement in that sucker. Its DEAD.. well except for bird crap island...hahaha put some mini boats with sails or disney crusie ship floating around or like a small island in the middle thats kinda like what they have in the canal boats with some movement on the island....Anything to make it more active....please

Leave a comment:

• aralechn
    replied
    Originally posted by HarajukuBoy
    Personally I think they should put in a water show like at Bellagio. That way it can entertain day or night (for those few night hours they're actually open.)

Cool idea! I second that.

Leave a comment:

• HarajukuBoy
    replied
    Personally I think they should put in a water show like at Bellagio. That way it can entertain day or night (for those few night hours they're actually open.)

Leave a comment:

• cellarhound
    replied
    With the chemicals and treatments they put in that water to keep it clean? The sea lions would need biohazard suits to swim in it...
    Plus Sea Lions and Sea Otters are protected... So you would need an animal protection staff... That is why I think if you have an Aquarium style attraction you can keep the animals in their natural habitat... Even though these would have been raised in captivity and cannot be returned to the wild...

Plus you can have the flying whales from Fantasia 2000 in a film display area...

Leave a comment:

• PumpkinKing!
    replied
    With the chemicals and treatments they put in that water to keep it clean? The sea lions would need biohazard suits to swim in it...
    Hmm good point maybe thats why they dont have people in there either. Ah well! Seemed like a fun idea at first.

Leave a comment:

• Reaver
    replied

Leave a comment:

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
Working...
X