This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Chat] What would happen if a disaster hit disneyland

What would happen if an earthquake or some major catastrophe happened at Disneyland and it was ruined everything was broken and the land was destroyed. Do u think Disney would rebuild on the same site a new disneyland resort, not even build a resort, make the resort a museum or memorial to disneyland, or would they find new land like WDW were they could rebuild there disneyland again bigger and better and start out fresh. What are your thoughts?

Re: What would happen if a disaster hit disneyland

We'd all have much more pressing needs like living, shelter, food, water, health and safety.

Comment

An amusement park and some hotels would be the least of our worries, both locally and nationally, if Southern California had such a huge earthquake that Disneyland was ruined beyond simple repair.

Keep in mind the Studios and corporate headquarters up the freeway in Burbank would also likely be ruined under such a scenario. The least of our worries would be getting Disneyland open again.

Comment

Originally posted by Mojave View Post
        We'd all have much more pressing needs like living, shelter, food, water, health and safety.
        Originally posted by Westsider View Post
        An amusement park and some hotels would be the least of our worries, both locally and nationally, if Southern California had such a huge earthquake that Disneyland was ruined beyond simple repair.

Keep in mind the Studios and corporate headquarters up the freeway in Burbank would also likely be ruined under such a scenario. The least of our worries would be getting Disneyland open again.
        I'm pretty sure the original poster meant after the dust settles and life returns to normal. At time the populace would be focused on rebuilding. In addition, the corporate headquarters in Burbank might not be as affected depending on where the epicenter was and the magnitude of the quake. It may also be another type of disaster, like a large sinkhole, a flood, or even a missile strike. The original poster only used an earthquake as one example.

Personally, I think that because land is at such a premium in So Cal, if the land that the park is currently occupying was found to be stable enough for rebuilding, Disney would just rebuild on the current site.
        "Greetings, Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada."

Comment

The first things to be rebuilt would be the stores and meet-and-greets.
          "With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
          Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
          imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

Comment

Originally posted by Westsider View Post

Yup, this. While Disneyland would obviously be a main topic of the devastation, it would have to be extremely grand to reduce it to piles of rubble. Living in Reseda, most likely I'd be homeless.

Would that ever happen? Most likely no, the odds aren't in favor of such an incredible quake. I think Tokyo DL was the only Disney park to ever receive even minimal damage from a great disaster, yes?

Comment

They'd have to build City Hall first so that guests could demand their refunds for all the rides shutting down. Just kidding.

My real answer is that they'd have to build City Hall first so that guests could demand their refunds for all the rides shutting down.

Comment

And they would have to go very far to find land the size of WDW if they wanted to rebuild a resort like that over here. Their best bet would have been the old El Toro Marine Corp Air Station but that is being turned into a public park so there goes that opportunity. The other possibility could be Camp Pendleton but I don't see the government closing that down soon. And even if the land was available it would be outrageously expensive. And if word got out that Disney was the buyer, that would drive the prices even higher.

Comment

Originally posted by Disneyfreak88 View Post
                  What would happen if an earthquake or some major catastrophe happened at Disneyland and it was ruined everything was broken and the land was destroyed. Do u think Disney would rebuild on the same site a new disneyland resort, not even build a resort, make the resort a museum or memorial to disneyland, or would they find new land like WDW were they could rebuild there disneyland again bigger and better and start out fresh. What are your thoughts?
                  I think they'd basically move most of the company to Orlando, set up shop there, and go with one United States theme park resort. They've learned a long time ago, that most traveling Disney guests go to WDW.

Comment

It would be a great reason to just give up on DCA finally.

And rebuild Disneyland just like DLP.

Comment

Do I get a refund on my AP?
                      sigpic

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

Comment

I imagine they'd do it eventually once life is back on track, but if there was an earthquake strong enough to totally level Disneyland, that really may never happen. That'd pretty much be "the big one" and I imagine most of So.Cal and it's infrastructure would be decimated by one that big as well.

Comment

I agree with most here that a devastating earthquake or flood might render Disneyland moot. A nuke might render the existing site uninhabitable. A fire, if they are sufficiently insured, would accommodate rebuilding in place. They may have to move to the Inland Empire, which would be fine with me!
                          "She's taking everything. She's taking the house, she's taking the kid, she's taking the dog. IT'S NOT EVEN HER DOG. IT'S MY DOG! SHE'S TAKING . . . MY DOG!"
                          - Ron Livingston, "Band of Brothers"

Comment

God forbid that happening! I'd like to think that they would rebuild it on the same land.

Comment

It would take a lot to take down Disneyland. It's all small buildings (1-2 story's ) I dont think a quake would take it down even back then they had earthquake building codes. If you look back in history (I can't remember when) but I read tons of structures were taken to the ground in the early 1900's so they implemented earthquake codes. I sure the structures can take a lot unless of course the ground cracks open and swallows it hole. I'm a licensed contractor I know a lot about this stuff. DCA is real new so it would have even less damage so we could go there till dl was fixed too
                              Im here for fun and info not be a bully! Carsland here I come:yea:

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X