This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Quick AP question...

Sorry if this question has been asked before! We're thinking of getting APs on the payment plan (we live in Nor Cal). I'd like to start the process next month, however our first trip on the passes won't be till July. Will the year clock on the passes start immediately...or start with our first trip? We had APs six years ago, and the clock didn't start until our first trip. I wanted to make sure it was still the same.

Re: Quick AP question...

The clock started on mine apparently when I bought them. When I went to have them processed, the cast member changed the date on the passes to start the clock as of the day I processed them.

Not sure if that's kosher or not. There was like a week difference between when I bought them and when I took them in to process.

Comment

Maybe someone else can answer it, but the best option would be to ask the park.

Help Overview | Help Center | Disneyland Resort

Annual Passport Member Services
      (714) 781-PASS

My guess is that they start on the day of the first visit, and you would just pay from May to next April, with the last three months being where you can visit and you've already paid, but just to be safe, I think calling them would be best.

Comment

When I called, they assured me that the first date of my pass would be the first date that I went to the park....But I got a totally different story from the cast member at ticketing.

Comment

I wish I could say that surprises me, but guess it depends on who is on duty on a given day.

Comment

What is the reason for getting passes 2 months ahead of time?

Comment

I don`t think you can get on the payment plan living in northern CA. I thought it was only for SoCal

Sorry, I stand corrected. Just looked on website and monthly plan is available for Northern Ca. Wasn`t when I bought mine.
              Last edited by Jerryp49; 04-25-2012, 07:04 PM.

Comment

Actually ticket sales and AP line is TOTALLY different. No offense tot he people in the booth but they really have no clue except for ticket. AP's are not "tickets"

Comment

Originally posted by brenden View Post
                  In anticipation of price increases, I always thought.

Comment

It won't start till you take posesion of the passes
                    Im here for fun and info not be a bully! Carsland here I come:yea:

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Noty View Post
                      Actually ticket sales and AP line is TOTALLY different. No offense tot he people in the booth but they really have no clue except for ticket. AP's are not "tickets"
                      Excuse me? I sold tickets at the DLR for over 3 years and I can tell you, we had to know all the products we sold. From day tickets and APs to the tours and Fantasmic seating. Come do the job for a day and maybe, just maybe, you might understand just how much there is to know when selling tickets.

What happens when you buy the AP online is it starts you file in the database the day you buy it. Files default to expire a year from when they are created. Now it is supposed to autocorrect the date of you AP to the date of your first visit, but when I was selling tickets and APs, that part of the system worked less than 10% of the time. To fix this, we had to manually go in and redate the AP to be a year from when you FIRST USE IT.

The reason it often seems that CMs at the park have "no clue" what they are doing is a management issue and has absolutely nothing to do with the ability of that CM. And that is for another topic entirely.

Comment

Originally posted by brenden View Post

Avoid price increase and get on their mailing/email list , special invites, access to to AP section of their website.

Comment

Originally posted by Jerryp49 View Post
                          Avoid price increase and get on their mailing/email list , special invites, access to to AP section of their website.
                          Bingo! And besides, our first "major" trip on the passes is planned for July, but having them early might mean a quick one-day trip between now and July! Thanks to everybody for your replies!

---------- Post added 04-26-2012 at 07:49 AM ----------

Oh...and yeah, I didn't think NorCal people could do the payment thing until yesterday when I was pricing Parkhoppers vs. APs! Very pleased to see that option! That little bit of news kinda stayed on the QT.

Comment

Sorry to hijack but I have a question:
                            I just bought annual passes online for our upcoming May trip - how can I get into the AP section of the website?
                            I don't have an AP number yet....pls help??
                            One and Only WDW Visit: March 2013

DL Visits: Aug 2005, Dec 2007/Jan 2008, Oct 2010, Aug 2011, May 2012, Aug 2012, Nov 2012

Comment

They will mail you your card unless you opted to will call it. Enter the bar code on the card.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X