Who wants to be behind DL's gates on May 4th?!

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • AP2CM
    "Retired" DL Tour Guide
    • Jan 2005

Who wants to be behind DL's gates on May 4th?!

I've heard through the grapevine recently that an AP-only contest is going to be held very soon to give away 2,500 tickets to be IN THE PARK and AT THE PRESS EVENT on May 4th. This contest will be available ONLY to guests with APs active as of Feb. 28th (sorry, going out and grabbing an AP now will do you no good). Enter to win at www.disneyland.com/ap now!
    -"We can see a new horizon...built on all that we have done..and our dreams begin another thousand circles 'round the sun!"
    -- Epcot: Illuminations "Reflections of Earth"

-"...Each dream that you chase, each wish you embrace can lead to a fabulous faraway place...!"
    --DCA: World Of Color
  • Darkbeer
    Darkbeer
    • Jan 2005

If you have registered to enter the AP site anytime in the past, you are already registered to enter. There is no special sign up section...

So if you can enter the special AP section, you are good to go, just check your e-mail around April 19th.
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

Comment

• mamabot
      Rally Vixen
      MiceChat Administrator
      • Jan 2005

From the Disneyland Annual Passholders Web Site:

What an incredible contest! If I go with the 600,000 number for AP holders, then I have a one in 150,000 chance of being there that day. That is not having a chance to be there.

Here is a question: Will there be an age limit on who can win? Or will the youngest AP holders be included in this. What if my Disney muggle husband wins? Will he be able to bring me and the kids? If he has to go alone, could he transfer it to me?
      Anything listed on the park maps as an attraction is fair game for inclusion in the Rally.
      I cannot confirm nor deny the inclusion of any attraction in the Rally.

May the Gumballs Be with You...Always.

NO GOATS!

Comment

• wolfy
        Still wants to be a cat!
        • Jan 2005

Register everybody, and you can bring one guest if you win.
        Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
        it's what they are like in their HEART!

- Wolfette

Comment

• mamabot
          Rally Vixen
          MiceChat Administrator
          • Jan 2005

Cool! Thanks for the suggestion! I have the kids APs with me, all I have to do is have my husband register.
          Anything listed on the park maps as an attraction is fair game for inclusion in the Rally.

NO GOATS!

Comment

• Disguy
            -Going Retro-
            • Jan 2005

I know I'm registered for the Disnelyand site, but how do you know for sure if your AP is registered?

Comment

• dshimel
              Banned User
              • Feb 2005

Originally posted by mamabot
              If I go with the 600,000 number for AP holders, then I have a one in 150,000 chance of being there that day.
              Not sure how you did your math.... 1 in 150,000 would be if there are 600,000 AP and they are picking 4.

If they are picking 2500, then with 600,000 APs, odds are 600,000 / 2,500 = 1 in 240.

1 in 240 not great.... Much better than 1 in 150,000.

Comment

• mamabot
                Rally Vixen
                MiceChat Administrator
                • Jan 2005

Originally posted by dshimel
                Not sure how you did your math.... 1 in 150,000 would be if there are 600,000 AP and they are picking 4.

If they are picking 2500, then with 600,000 APs, odds are 600,000 / 2,500 = 1 in 240.

Very cool! My husband is the math geek in the family. I just pretend to know what I am talking about with math.

You also have to figure that not everyone who is an AP holder is registered on the AP web site. Any guesses on what percentage of APs are registered?

NO GOATS!

Comment

• dshimel
                  Banned User
                  • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Disguy
                  I know I'm registered for the Disnelyand site, but how do you know for sure if your AP is registered?
                  Link 1 has a link... follow it. Select register... enter birthday (year is most important part) Enter your personal info and it asks for the barcode number from your AP. Enter the barcode number. if the AP is already registered, you'll be told.

Comment

• HarajukuBoy
                    Boozer, User, and Loser
                    • Feb 2005

The chances are even better, because they state you must be 18 or older to win, so that rules out a few AP's.

Comment

• Reaver
                      Reaver of Souls
                      • Jan 2005

Hey! Don't spread this around, you'll lessen my chances!!! j/k...

But if you look at it, how many people with APs are registered on the site, and of eligible age? Half, maybe? You aren't registered automatically when you get your pass, after all. You have to do it on your own.

So if only half of the APs are registered or eligible, for instance, then that increases your chances to 1 in 120. Still not great, but much better!
                      Last edited by Reaver; 03-10-2005, 02:07 PM.
                      Honor those who fall under the sword.
                      But pity the warrior who has slain all his enemies.

Comment

• XCLIPSE129
                        6 kids before I'm 30!!!!
                        • Jan 2005

AWWW MAN!! I jsut bought ours.. i shoudlve jsut renewed back in Sept.. DANGINT..haha oh well.. ill be on the other side of the gate doing the ..OPEN OPEN OPEN!!..ahahah good luck to you all..
                        We rock the party that rocks the party!
                        We are truly a new generation of the Brady Bunch!

Comment

• Malibu Minion
                          Zapp's Minion :D
                          • Jan 2005

Originally posted by Disguy
                          Dito :confused:

Comment

• WDI
                            Disney Dad & Disney Nuts
                            • Feb 2005

Originally posted by XCLIPSE129
                            AWWW MAN!! I jsut bought ours.. i shoudlve jsut renewed back in Sept.. DANGINT..haha oh well.. ill be on the other side of the gate doing the ..OPEN OPEN OPEN!!..ahahah good luck to you all..
                            xclipse,

you mean you'll be at DCA all day on the 4th.

That is the second prize for all AP holders with a 100% chance of winning along with all of the other suckers (I mean park guests) expecting to get into Disneyland on May 4th.

Be Afraid of DCA on the 5/4/05, be very Afraid. Golden Dreams might actually have more than a dozen people insde at one time ! AHH! the Horror!

WDI

Comment

• XCLIPSE129
                              6 kids before I'm 30!!!!
                              • Jan 2005

Originally posted by WDI
                              xclipse,

you mean you'll be at DCA all day on the 4th.

That is the second prize for all AP holders with a 100% chance of winning along with all of the other suckers (I mean park guests) expecting to get into Disneyland on May 4th.

Be Afraid of DCA on the 5/4/05, be very Afraid. Golden Dreams might actually have more than a dozen people insde at one time ! AHH! the Horror!

WDI
                              HAHAHAA :lol: Yah ill be trying to start a riot in front of the gate to let us in...hahahaha Im joking.. no i meant ill be there early thursday may5th ...
                              We rock the party that rocks the party!
                              We are truly a new generation of the Brady Bunch!

Comment

• Club 33
                                Know More Than You Should
                                • Feb 2005

What an incredible contest! If I go with the 600,000 number for AP holders, then I have a one in 150,000 chance of being there that day. That is not having a chance to be there.

Well, no. Yes if all of the people with APs entered that would be true, but I'm willing to bet that far fewer people will actually enter.

Comment

• gibbage
                                  Minion
                                  • Feb 2005

From what I understand, they are picking 2500 out of the people who are registerd on this special AP web page.

My guess is that not every 600,000 AP holders are registerd on this page. From my marketing education, only 10% register anything. So your chances may be a LOT better then you think!!!!!!

"To enter to win, just register to this site"

Ya. I was correct. Its only for AP holders who register. Like I said, that could be as low as 10% of the 600,000+ AP holders. So the odds are actualy quite good!!!

Gib

Comment

• HarajukuBoy
                                    Boozer, User, and Loser
                                    • Feb 2005

My friends have AP's and I know they haven't registered. This contest is looking better and better.

Comment

• mamabot
                                      Rally Vixen
                                      MiceChat Administrator
                                      • Jan 2005

Why don't they just give up and invite the Mice Chat members. There are only 1,563* of us. That would mean they would still have 937 openings to give to other people.

* as of 4:00 pm PST on 3/10/05

NO GOATS!

Comment

• Reaver
                                        Reaver of Souls
                                        • Jan 2005

Why don't they just give up and invite the Mice Chat members. There are only 1,563* of us. That would mean they would still have 937 openings to give to other people.

* as of 4:00 pm PST on 3/10/05
                                        Better yet, just us MiceChat folks with APs...
                                        Honor those who fall under the sword.
                                        But pity the warrior who has slain all his enemies.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X