This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Video Cool Old DCA Time Lapse

I was browsing on YouTube and found this cool old time lapse of California Adventure from 1998-2001. It is rather cool to see it rise from the parking lot. So much has changed though, in such a short amount of time!
    WALTER ELIAS DISNEY COMMUNITY OF TOMORROW- WEDCOT

Re: Cool Old DCA Time Lapse

Soap Opera Bistro lol
    Last edited by explodingboy; 05-03-2012, 02:49 PM.

Comment

Is weird that everytime I see pictures/ video of old DCA I cry a little? It is amazing how incredibly bad DCA was! PP was so incredibly uninspiring, Hollywood Studios was the biggest piece of crap area they ever built (Soap Opera Bistro lol), and the only two area of the park that were even in the slightest bit well themed only had 2 rides and a play ground (Grizzly Peak and Condor Flats)! Honestly if DCA hadn't gotten the upgrades I probably would have stopped going to DCA period! After my first visit to the park I didn't go back to the resort for 4 years because of how incredibly awful it was!
      Check out my Disney inspired creations.

https://picasaweb.google.com/110319393135337100862

Comment

cool thanks for sharing i never seen that before its amazing what they can do in such a small time frame not to mention i forgot how young this park is.
        sigpic

Comment

Love the video. Thanks for sharing.

I must be easy to please or something. Or maybe its because my trips to disney are way too few and far between. I live near Seattle and, up until this year, only made it to the parks once every two or three years.

I never thought, and still don't, that DCA was ever bad or horrible. It was different than disneyland, for sure, but I guess I expected it to be. While there were things inside that didn't particularly appeal to me, I can say that about disneyland too, and just spent more time enjoying all the rides and attractions I do like. Toy Story and Soarin' are two of my favorite rides between both parks. The new Little Mermaid is okay and I like eating at the Trattoria and also watching the Aladdin show. I never walked inside DCA and thought it was bad or awful, just different.

I'm headed back down to the parks in a couple weeks for a nice long california visit. In no way do I want to be near there during the summer with all the new stuff finally opening up and the summer crowds will be in full force. Instead, we'll go back down in the fall, which is my favorite time of year there. Then we'll check out BVS and Carsland. Sounds like they'll both be very cool.
          Last edited by GraceLovesGoofy; 05-03-2012, 01:42 PM.
          [Half awake] How many cups of sugar does it take to get to the moon?

Comment

I really wonder what the park would have looked like if they had taken the time and money to do it right

Comment

Originally posted by Dirton View Post
              I really wonder what the park would have looked like if they had taken the time and money to do it right

They did its called Carsland and it will be open to the public June 15th lol j/k
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by GraceLovesGoofy View Post
                Love the video. Thanks for sharing.

I must be easy to please or something. Or maybe its because my trips to disney are way too few and far between. I live near Seattle and, up until this year, only made it to the parks once every two or three years.

I never thought, and still don't, that DCA was ever bad or horrible. It was different than disneyland, for sure, but I guess I expected it to be. While there were things inside that didn't particularly appeal to me, I can say that about disneyland too, and just spent more time enjoying all the rides and attractions I do like. Toy Story and Soarin' are two of my favorite rides between both parks. The new Little Mermaid is okay and I like eating at the Trattoria and also watching the Aladdin show. I never walked inside DCA and thought it was bad or awful, just different.

I'm headed back down to the parks in a couple weeks for a nice long california visit. In no way do I want to be near there during the summer with all the new stuff finally opening up and the summer crowds will be in full force. Instead, we'll go back down in the fall, which is my favorite time of year there. Then we'll check out BVS and Carsland. Sounds like they'll both be very cool.
                I agree.

I have always enjoyed DCA. I to am from out of town, but I never really had any isues with it and even *gasp* enjoy it.
                I open a toy, review it and take mediocore pictures. Read all about it HERE!

Originally posted by VintageMouse;n8463446

You know best :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Meville View Post
                  I agree. I have always enjoyed DCA. I to am from out of town, but I never really had any isues with it and even *gasp* enjoy it.
                  I always thought it was kind of cheap and more of a side show thing, but still fun. I didn't visit until after 2008. I can't imagine it without even Bugs Land (for kids) and no Tower of Terror.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirton View Post
                    It would have been WestCOT.
                    WESTCOT Center and the Original Disneyland Resort, Part 1, at Yesterland
                    'Nuff said.

My Twitter! CardfightrHuntr

Comment

i went to DCA ONCE, never returned... until the renovation began with premiere of WoC i'm a regular

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X