Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did you know that all of the surface drains in Disneyland are plumbed to drain into the Disneyland 'Dark Water" system,i.e. Jungle Cruise, Rivers of America, Motorboat Cruise lagoon, Castle moat, etc?
    Charlie :wave:
    MiceChat User #1037

Comment

Did you know that fake smells are actually pumped out from the storefronts onto Main Street to entice passers-by?
      Visited: DL Dec. 1989, Dec. 1992, Dec. 1995, WDW Jan. 1999, DL March 2001,
      WDW Jan. 2005, DL Jan. 2006, Nov. 2006, Dec. 2012, WDW Feb. 2013
      :love:Got Engaged at the Blue Bayou January 6, 2006! :love:

Comment

Did you know that the human head weighs 8 pounds?

Did you know that bees and dogs can smell fear?

Did you know that my next door neighbor has three rabbits?

Comment

Originally posted by Malibu Minion
          Where, please tell us
          The sorcer(sp?) mickey hat is all the way to the right, on about the third tier, of the kinna pyramid(think mayan no egyption here) that is over the arch way where you enter the indoor part of the que. It's usually right over where the CM stands outside the door. You have to be pretty close to see it, because the trees/jungle otherwise obscure it.

Comment

Did you know that there are silver dollars under the masts on the Columbia Sailing Ship that were placed there by Walt Disney?
            MiceChat User #1037

Comment

Did you know that the only picture of Lillian Disney in Disneyland is in the managers office of the Disney Gallery overlooking New Orleans Square??
              MiceChat User #1037

Comment

Did you know that not only are sock monkeys great companions for kids, but for young adults, twenty-somethings, and seniors too?!
                Cosmo Kramer: Well I can't go back to the public courses now! I can't! I WON'T!

Comment

Did you know that if you are waiting for the rope to drop on Main St. and there is a big crowd backed up, you can sneak down to the front by waiting in the Kodak shop. There is a door that opens up ahead of the rope. This is really only good if you wanna hit the matterhorn or tomorrowland first.
                  I find it hard
                  It's hard to find
                  Oh well, whatever, nevermind

Comment

Originally posted by LeeLi
                    The sorcer(sp?) mickey hat is all the way to the right, on about the third tier, of the kinna pyramid(think mayan no egyption here) that is over the arch way where you enter the indoor part of the que. It's usually right over where the CM stands outside the door. You have to be pretty close to see it, because the trees/jungle otherwise obscure it.
                    Oooh!! I didn't know that. Does anyone have a picture of it or could anyone please take one? Is anyone kind enough to do so for me? I want to see it but I'm far away.

Comment

Along with the sorcerer's hat on the outside of Indy, when you are further in the que watching the projected video, when you get towards the end of the room if you look back towards the entrance and look up from where the video is being projected you can see an "eyeore" parking sign.

At least that was a good use of old parking spaces.
                      Infinity and Beyond:
                      The technology of today is changing the media of tomorrow.
                      http://www.infinityandbeyond.tabert.com/

Comment

The Tiki room used to be the only air-conditioned attraction due to needing to air-condition the computer in the basement, they did the show too. It was extremely popular on hot days I hear.

When the Tahitian Terrice was open for a while the cooks could actually see the dancers change their clothes. ooh-lala, huh?

Comment

Did you know that Richard Nixon took the commerative ride on the Matterhorn with Walt and his daughters???
                          REMOVE TAG BEFORE FLIGHT

Comment

Did you know that Nixon was also on hand for the monorail ribbon cutting ceremonies?? :devil:
                            Last edited by RX-24; 03-11-2005, 12:41 AM.
                            REMOVE TAG BEFORE FLIGHT

Comment

Originally posted by BigPigletFan
                              Oooh!! I didn't know that. Does anyone have a picture of it or could anyone please take one? Is anyone kind enough to do so for me? I want to see it but I'm far away.
                              I am hoping to get to the park on Sunday I will try to find it and get a picture for you BigPigletFan.

Comment

Originally posted by BigPigletFan
                                The Tiki room used to be the only air-conditioned attraction due to needing to air-condition the computer in the basement, they did the show too. It was extremely popular on hot days I hear.

I think the Fantasyland Theater (which has since been replaced by the Pinocchio attraction) was actually the only attraction that was air conditioned on opening day in 1955. The Tiki Room opened in 1963. :monkey: I just realized that I have become a Disneyland history geek! :monkey: :lol:
                                Last edited by Circarama; 03-11-2005, 06:34 AM.
                                MiceChat User #1037

Comment

Originally posted by RX-24
                                  Did you know that Nixon was also on hand for the monorail ribbon cutting ceremonies?? :devil:
                                  And that they couldn't cut the ribbon, Walt had to break it by hand...
                                  Check out my other blog:

Comment

Did you know

We should really ask Kevin Yee about the did you knows since he has a book of 101 did you knows (It is a really good book by the way)

Here is one I read about today in the Alain Litaye article.

The organ in the Haunted Mansion Ballroom scene was used in the film 20K leagues under the sea.

Did you also know the Columbia sailing ship was modeled after the first American Flagged Sailing ship to circumnavigate the globe!

To confirm the Dark Water system Did you know - That there is an old riverbed under Disneyland that is used to assist in distributing the Dark water throughout disneyland and that they only pump the water back up tothe Storybookland Canal boats - where the water then makes its return trip towards the castle moat?

I could go on but there will be tons of other posts anyways.

WDI :monkey:

Comment

Didja know that right about where the Matterhorn is now, used to be a little grassy hill that was actually the pile of dirt left from the diggings-out of the castle moat?

Didja know that originally the Matterhorn was part of Tomorrowland, but sometime in the late seventies it was "moved" to Fantasyland?
                                      "Say, uh, ever hear of the devil's paint pots? Real mystery of the desert. Bubblin' pots of mud in all kinds of colors."

Comment

Originally posted by cellarhound
                                        And that they couldn't cut the ribbon, Walt had to break it by hand...
                                        And that before the ribbon cutting ceremony, Walt and Nixon rode the monorail and accidentally left the secret services guys behind? After the monorail came back into the station, and Nixon and Disney got off, everyone looked up to see that the secret service guys were on top of the train, heading for another loop. Apparently, they jumped onto the monorail in an attempt to get to Nixon, without noticing that he had gotten off. :lol:

At least that's what the "Disneyland Detective" by Kendra Trahan claims...

Comment

Originally posted by NWRREngineer
                                          Didja know that right about where the Matterhorn is now, used to be a little grassy hill that was actually the pile of dirt left from the diggings-out of the castle moat?

Didja know that originally the Matterhorn was part of Tomorrowland, but sometime in the late seventies it was "moved" to Fantasyland?

In 1958 One of the Disneyland gardenrs was growing marijuana on that dirt hill. :lol:
                                          Last edited by Star Speeder; 03-11-2005, 12:39 PM.
                                          Shocks
                                          Pegs
                                          Lucky!

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                          Working...
                                          X