X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DL_CRAZE
    replied
    Did u know that if u go inside the cave of wonders tiger head in Aladdin's Oasis, it takes u to main street.

Leave a comment:

• BigPigletFan
    replied
    Originally posted by BigPigletFan
    The Tiki room used to be the only air-conditioned attraction due to needing to air-condition the computer in the basement, they did the show too. It was extremely popular on hot days I hear.
    Originally posted by Circarama
    I think the Fantasyland Theater (which has since been replaced by the Pinocchio attraction) was actually the only attraction that was air conditioned on opening day in 1955. The Tiki Room opened in 1963. :monkey: I just realized that I have become a Disneyland history geek! :monkey: :lol:
    It was what I was told on the Walk in Walt's Footsteps tour. So I would assume that it's correct then? I don't have any clue about the Fantasylnad Theater. They said it was the first air-conditioned ATTRACTION... maybe the Theater was the first show?

Leave a comment:

• Disneyland Lover
    replied
    Originally posted by Club 33
    I did know that.

Alright, did you know, That PotC was originally supposed to be a walkthough wax museum?
    Yes, I did!

Leave a comment:

• KevinYee
    replied
    Originally posted by fearsnda
    Did you know that restaurants in New Orleans Square all essentially share the same Kitchen? So all the allegedly "better quality" food at the Bayou is prepared side by side with the crap from the counter service eateries.
    The prep is downstairs. But there is an upstairs kitchen for the Bayou, where all the grill work or frying is done, and some of the plate presentation.

Leave a comment:

• DemonicDemona
    replied
    Originally posted by fearsnda
    The hoop is still there I believe, but the location is used for storage now. the word "court" is very liberal indeed

Did you know that restaurants in New Orleans Square all essentially share the same Kitchen? So all the allegedly "better quality" food at the Bayou is prepared side by side with the crap from the counter service eateries.
    duh I said this in the club 33 thread lol :lol:

Leave a comment:

• fearsnda
    replied
    Originally posted by wolfy999
    I could be wrong, does kinda look like the peak.....anyone who can confirm where it is located?
    The hoop is still there I believe, but the location is used for storage now. the word "court" is very liberal indeed

Leave a comment:

• The Mad Hatter
    replied
    Originally posted by Druggas
    Did you know that when I go to DL, I fart on Main Street?
    Your mom farts on main street

Leave a comment:

• Druggas
    replied
    Did you know that I took a shower today? Did you know that I read this topic today too? Did you know that when I go to DL, I fart on Main Street?

Leave a comment:

• wolfy
    replied
    Originally posted by The Mad Hatter
    That doesn't look like a basement.
    I could be wrong, does kinda look like the peak.....anyone who can confirm where it is located?

Leave a comment:

• The Mad Hatter
    replied
    That doesn't look like a basement.

Leave a comment:

• cellarhound
    replied
    That's cool, a little bit creepy to know... but cool...

Leave a comment:

• Star Speeder
    replied
    Originally posted by wolfy999
    It's a half-court and it is in the basement of the Matterhorn.

Leave a comment:

• wolfy
    replied
    Originally posted by tikitone 74
    Did you know there is a basketball court on the top floor of the Matterhorn?
    It's a half-court and it is in the basement of the Matterhorn.

Leave a comment:

• The Mad Hatter
    replied
    Originally posted by Star Speeder
    One of the Disneyland gardenrs was growing marijuana on that hill.
    Oh! I've always wondered why that hill was so high. :lol:

/couldn't resist

Leave a comment:

• SurfedUpDane
    replied
    Originally posted by Star Speeder
    One of the Disneyland gardenrs was growing marijuana on that hill.
    That would be better to put in a catagory called "doja know?" :lol: :lol:

Leave a comment:

• tikitone 74
    replied
    Did you know there is a basketball court on the top floor of the Matterhorn?

Leave a comment:

• Olympicnut
    replied
    Originally (and maybe this is how it's still done) the fires on the water in Fantasmic were/are fueled by a variation of Cremora (at least that's what I was told by a few friends who worked that first season back in '92).

Leave a comment:

• Star Speeder
    replied
    Originally posted by NWRREngineer
    Didja know that right about where the Matterhorn is now, used to be a little grassy hill that was actually the pile of dirt left from the diggings-out of the castle moat?

Didja know that originally the Matterhorn was part of Tomorrowland, but sometime in the late seventies it was "moved" to Fantasyland?

In 1958 One of the Disneyland gardenrs was growing marijuana on that dirt hill. :lol:
    Last edited by Star Speeder; 03-11-2005, 12:39 PM.

Leave a comment:

• LeeLi
    replied
    Originally posted by cellarhound
    And that they couldn't cut the ribbon, Walt had to break it by hand...
    And that before the ribbon cutting ceremony, Walt and Nixon rode the monorail and accidentally left the secret services guys behind? After the monorail came back into the station, and Nixon and Disney got off, everyone looked up to see that the secret service guys were on top of the train, heading for another loop. Apparently, they jumped onto the monorail in an attempt to get to Nixon, without noticing that he had gotten off. :lol:

At least that's what the "Disneyland Detective" by Kendra Trahan claims...

Leave a comment:

• NWRREngineer
    replied
    Didja know that right about where the Matterhorn is now, used to be a little grassy hill that was actually the pile of dirt left from the diggings-out of the castle moat?

Didja know that originally the Matterhorn was part of Tomorrowland, but sometime in the late seventies it was "moved" to Fantasyland?

Leave a comment:

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
Working...
X