Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did you know that... the teacups don't spin anymore. (Yes, I'm bitter about this.)

But as for interesting facts:
    -The ferris wheel float towed by Toy Factory in 'A Christmas Fantasy' Parade came from State Fair.
    -Santa's Sleigh (the finale float) from 'A Christmas Fantasy' Parade remains halfway dismantled as it was going to be used for the cancelled Mary Poppins Character Celebration.
    -Whenever there is only 1 parade per day at Disneyland, they wait til the park closes to bring the floats back from behind Main Street to the warehouse.

Comment

Did you know that the Premiere of Russia, Nikita Cruschev I think was his name, wanted to go to Disneyland and was told no by the Secret Service. This in turn disappointed Disney because he wanted to show off his subs.
      Best interview answer: My biggest weakness is my honesty...I can never remember my lies!

Comment

1) did you know that a certain Democrat President of the good ole US of A refused to ride Dumbo when he visited Disneyland. Afterall, could you imagine the propoganda if a Dem. was seen riding in an elephant? :lol: :lol: :lol:
        (I believe it was Eisenhower, but not 100% positive)

wait a minute, take the "how" out of "Eisenhower" what do we get?Eisener. Hmmmmm, now take out that middle "e" now we get "Eisner" hmmmmm interesting. Two guys with such similar names not appriciating Disneyland and its classic rides? interesting, no? :devil:

2) did you know that when the HM originally opened, there were some HUMAN haunts in the mansion? i.e. CMs dressed in suites of armor, etc. supposed to frighten the guests.

3) did you know that at the Blue Bayou, Walt originally planned to have some AA birds (think along lines of Tiki) to be situated at certain tables with microphones implanted in them. Walt wanted to sit in a hidden room upstairs, listen to the guests, and converse with them via the bird. Can you imagine? Having a conversation with an AA bird while dining? NOW imagine it was Uncle Walt himself you were talking to through this bird!!
        Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy.

Comment

Originally posted by dsnyfnatic
          3) did you know that at the Blue Bayou, Walt originally planned to have some AA birds (think along lines of Tiki) to be situated at certain tables with microphones implanted in them. Walt wanted to sit in a hidden room upstairs, listen to the guests, and converse with them via the bird. Can you imagine? Having a conversation with an AA bird while dining? NOW imagine it was Uncle Walt himself you were talking to through this bird!!

That is actually in use in Club 33 now.
          Best interview answer: My biggest weakness is my honesty...I can never remember my lies!

Comment

1) did you know that a certain Democrat President of the good ole US of A refused to ride Dumbo when he visited Disneyland. Afterall, could you imagine the propoganda if a Dem. was seen riding in an elephant? :lol: :lol: :lol:
            (I believe it was Eisenhower, but not 100% positive)

wait a minute, take the "how" out of "Eisenhower" what do we get?Eisener. Hmmmmm, now take out that middle "e" now we get "Eisner" hmmmmm interesting. Two guys with such similar names not appriciating Disneyland and its classic rides? interesting, no? :devil:
            Actually, Eisenhower was Republican, which pretty much moots your whole argument there... :o
            Light a man a fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of the night. Light a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

My webpage, it's Blogtastic!

Now with working Guestbook!

Comment

In the words of the beloved Genie: "Boy do I feel sheepish "

OK, so it wasn't Eisenhower, but it was a democratic president, I just dont remember which one. Sorry about that.

Since I'm on here again, here is another did you know.... (this one I read about YEARS ago in some Disney trivia book, but since then I have never been able to find anything that would back it up, so if it is false, please don't hate me!)

Did you know that as they were building SB Castle in Disneyland, they accidentally looked at the plans wrong, and built the thing backwards? Walt pointed it out to them, but decided that it actually looked better this way, so decided to keep it. So next time you're in Fantasyland near the Carosel, take a look at the castle and imagine that being what you see from Main Street instead of what it is now.

Again, I appologize if it is innaccurate, but I SWEAR I read it somewhere
              Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy.

Comment

Did you know the Haunted Mansion has to be "dirtied up" before opening each day? The Air Conditioning system's filters tend to make the mansion cleaner than it should be, and bags of dust are brought in to make up to the non-mess.

Comment

Did you know that Walt Disney is Michael Eisner's God Father? Hard to taste? Well hold your nose and swallow because it was just in the news!
                  Cosmo Kramer: Well I can't go back to the public courses now! I can't! I WON'T!

Comment

2) did you know that when the HM originally opened, there were some HUMAN haunts in the mansion? i.e. CMs dressed in suites of armor, etc. supposed to frighten the guests.

They actually did this for a while back in the late 80's as well, in the hallway area when you are going backwards a person dressed in a suit of armor came around your doom buggy and lunged toward you. Didn't last long however, too many screaming children (and probably a few adults too).

Comment

Originally posted by Orcatime
                      That is actually in use in Club 33 now.
                      Ok, not to be a stickler, but that system was technically never used as Walt died before the club was finished, but the mics and AA bird still work and the room Walt would have sat in is an office.
                      Check out the News Forum for the latest news with a Micechat twist!

Do you MiceChat?
                      Help support the site you love:
                      -Visit the MiceChat store
                      Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page

DMCA for life, yo.
                      MCDA- Bringin' sexyback, one pound at a time.

Comment

Originally posted by dramaqueen
                        Ok, not to be a stickler, but that system was technically never used as Walt died before the club was finished, but the mics and AA bird still work and the room Walt would have sat in is an office.
                        Plus, it was never at the Bayou but rather only at Club 33 upstairs. But hey, it's easy to get confused about the two restraunts if you've never heard of the one upstairs.
                        -AmandasDad

Comment

Originally posted by fearsnda
                          The hoop is still there I believe, but the location is used for storage now. the word "court" is very liberal indeed

Did you know that restaurants in New Orleans Square all essentially share the same Kitchen? So all the allegedly "better quality" food at the Bayou is prepared side by side with the crap from the counter service eateries.
                          Just because they are cooked in the same kitchen does not meas it is the same food. Further, just because it's in the same kitchen does not mean it's even cooked on the same grill, stove or oven. I would find it highly doubtful that there was one cook team that was handling the selections for 3-4 different menus.

But I could be wrong...
                          -AmandasDad

Comment

[QUOTE=monorail1]Did you know that the human head weighs 8 pounds?

QUOTE]

If my head were veal, and I know that it is not, how much would it be worth?
                            How much longer will it take
                            For the world to see.
                            We should learn to live
                            And simply let it be.
                            Bloodstone, bloodstone.

Comment

did you know that Disneyland was intended for families to enjoy
                              How much longer will it take
                              For the world to see.
                              We should learn to live
                              And simply let it be.
                              Bloodstone, bloodstone.

Comment

Presidential Accuracies

In the words of the beloved Genie: "Boy do I feel sheepish "

OK, so it wasn't Eisenhower, but it was a democratic president, I just dont remember which one. Sorry about that.
                                hmmm, could it have been Ike's successor, Kennedy?

Comment

Did you know that when they brought back MSEP, they would reach capacity by noon and the 5 freeway would back up because of the crowds trying to get into DL? Whew! That was a long sentence!
                                  sigpic

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

Comment

did you know: Disneyland has being sucking hard core since Eisner came in hahaha
                                    Evil is lurking behind the matterhorn........ wait, that's just Mickey :ap:

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                    Working...
                                    X