This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Chat] Disneyland is ___________

"kind of" understands, but it's far to personal of a "feeling" (for lack of better term) to truly be understood by others... except the good folks here. I've read posts here, and only here, that gives me the impression others out there understand what "it is"!!

thank you for your support!!

"We believed in our idea - a family park where parents and children could have fun- together."

-Walt Disney

Re: Disneyland is ___________

I know what you mean. Although my family loves Disneyland, I know that it is much, MUCH stronger for me. What is Disneyland? Disneyland is IT. It is exactly what I need it to be, when I need it.
    THat is such an ambiguous answer, but I know that you understand, Sorcerer's Apprentice.
    Thanks for sharing.
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...oto-heavy.html
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ip-report.html
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...something.html

No matter where you go, there you are.

Comment

Originally posted by sbk1234 View Post
      I know what you mean. Although my family loves Disneyland, I know that it is much, MUCH stronger for me. What is Disneyland? Disneyland is IT. It is exactly what I need it to be, when I need it.
      THat is such an ambiguous answer, but I know that you understand, Sorcerer's Apprentice.
      Thanks for sharing.

Disneyland is expensive...........
      "Raiders Suck"
      -Walt Disney

Comment

Originally posted by Sorcerer's Apprentice View Post
        "kind of" understands, but it's far to personal of a "feeling" (for lack of better term) to truly be understood by others... except the good folks here. I've read posts here, and only here, that gives me the impression others out there understand what "it is"!!

thank you for your support!!
        I know what you mean, as well. I was fortunate to have my dad "on my side." As a family we started going in 1962 and, for my dad and me, it was love at first sight! He's been gone for over 7 years now, but I can still hear him laughing all the way through the Matterhorn as we rode the bobsleds!

I was also fortunate to have found my hubby who was raised in Anaheim. Even though he doesn't feel exactly the same as me, he is still very enthused about going to the Park. He also appreciates the collectables I saved, even some back to 1962. Our whole office is filled with the souvenirs. He is also my chief supporter in my line of work, which means the world to me.

My friends? When I say we are going to Disneyland again, they sometimes give that little smile that says, "again?" But, that's okay, too. We have played Tour Guide to some of our friends who haven't been to the Park in a while and they had a great time.

For me, I am not "in Disneyland" until I walk under the train tracks for the first time that day, or get off the monorail in Tomorrowland. Then, I relax and enjoy all the time until we get in the Jeep and head home.

Don't worry about what your friends think. Let them smile and shake their heads. We're with you!
        sigpic
        Hidden Mickey - Historical fiction about Walt that mixes action and mystery with time travel and fantasy! Tweens to adults will enjoy these novels. And now, three gamebooks to play in Disneyland, DCA and WDW Magic Kingdom!

Check out my six action/adventure novels about Walt's lost diary and his epic quest. Visit my blog page!

Sometimes Dead Men DO Tell Tales!

Comment

Disneyland is ___________ a small oasis of fun where I can create lasting memories with my family and recapture some of those fond memories of my youth.
          "Greetings, Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada."

Comment

Awesome!
            These are some of my favorite TRs I have posted

DL 55th BDAY trip report
            My company had a special night at the park
            WdW trip report with WWoHP
            NYE 2011 trip report
            Mice Chat 7th anniversary
            Leap year 24 hour report
            New DCA trip report
            NYE 2012
            HKDL trip report

Comment

Disneyland is magical! There is nowhere else that makes me feel like I do when I'm at DLR, I wish I lived closer and could go more often!!! It really is the happiest place on earth to me!!!
              Foolish Mortal
              sigpic

Comment

Disneyland is home. The resort is my second home. when i set foot on main street, i get an overwhelming sense of relaxation like i've just walked in my front door. I walk slowly whistling to the toons in the air.

Comment

Disneyland is ___________ dissapointing since the 50th in 2005. Huge crowds all the time where as pre-2005 the large crowds only came during the "peak" times to visit. Now it seems all year long is "peak time".

Disneyland is ___________ expensive and prices to enjoy the "magic" continue to balloon. Makes it more difficult to have a genuine magical experience without having to sacrifice other things.

Disneyland is ___________ guilty of using my fond Disneyland childhood memories against me in order to keep me returning to what Disneyland has become.

YES...Disneyland is awesome and we all LOVE IT THERE! But is it really what it once was? I was there in April and left disenchanted. Next time you go, take a look at the face of the people around you. More long/stressed faces than inspired ones.

Comment

Disneyland is the one thing that I can count on to make me happy. No doubt about it, I am never disappointed.
                    BarbaraAnn

Comment

Disneyland is my Escape from Reality. That's how Walt intended it to be.
                      My YouTube Channel
                      www.youtube.com/fantasmiceddie24

Comment

Disneyland is too far away!

Comment

Disneyland is an American treasure.
                          Hidden Mickey - Tower of Terror

Hidden Mickey's here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/whatzup...7623565921220/
                          Check out my Wal't Apartment tour here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/whatzup/sets/72157625183415995/

Comment

Disneyland is Transformative

Comment

Originally posted by disneydancer76 View Post
                              Disneyland is ___________ dissapointing since the 50th in 2005. Huge crowds all the time where as pre-2005 the large crowds only came during the "peak" times to visit. Now it seems all year long is "peak time".

Disneyland is ___________ expensive and prices to enjoy the "magic" continue to balloon. Makes it more difficult to have a genuine magical experience without having to sacrifice other things.

Disneyland is ___________ guilty of using my fond Disneyland childhood memories against me in order to keep me returning to what Disneyland has become.

YES...Disneyland is awesome and we all LOVE IT THERE! But is it really what it once was? I was there in April and left disenchanted. Next time you go, take a look at the face of the people around you. More long/stressed faces than inspired ones.
                              wow

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X