• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • christianAdam
    Non-Minion
    • Aug 2009

Re: NEW FOUNTAIN PICS from Buena Vista Street

Originally posted by remix1982 View Post
    I put both the before and after pictures and dressed it up a bit... What a difference!
    Even the trees look sad in the "before" photo
    "If you were thinking, you wouldn't have thought that"

sigpic

Comment

• Baloo
      • Jun 2005

Originally posted by brian11811 View Post
      Wow, great contrast. Looks like its pretty close to the same angle too.

Not as extreme as the Westcot massive spaceship earth thing, but its a good compliment to Sleepy Beauty's Castle (Its Sleeping Beauty right??? I can never remember).
      its actually quite interesting but the angles from which those photos where taken are completely different.

The original photo was taken from the main entrance corridor, looks like it is just east of the old information booth and would have been the view you would see after you pass the golden state bridge

The second photo is taken several hundred steps west of that approximately where the entrance of Condor flats is.

It would be interesting if someone found a picture of the sunshine plaza taken from Condor flats entrance. The view would be of a barren concrete parade route with some concrete planters and the side of the large sun.

Comment

• EC82
        MiceChatter
        • Mar 2009

Fine, I'll just say it. SOMEONE must think the same. This is exactly what the Disneyland suits bank on:

That a fountain that wouldn't look out of place in a high-end mall gets rave reviews that claim it helps transform their theme park.

To me, it looks like a fairly plain, tiled fountain.

Comment

• SoCalFan
          Buena Vista St. & Red Car
          • Nov 2005

I love how the fountain plays on designs from Art Deco fountains from the 1920's. Seems to be a hybrid of the Glenarm Power Plant fountain in front of the PWP's (Pasadena Water and Power) 1927 Art Deco styled power plant in Pasadena (which is a beautiful fountain btw, especially at night, I drive by it a lot) and the Mulholland Fountain in Griffith Park/Los Feliz. I know the Imagineers on BVS did tons of research on old Los Angeles (I know they were working with many local historians and had access to extensive libraries on the history of the Southland, the largest one being at USC, as well as taking their own study field trips) and it's outlying communities (Pasadena, Westwood, Atwater Village, Los Feliz, Silverlake, etc...) to get BVS right and it seems they are doing a fantastic job.

Here's the Glenarm Fountain in Pasadena (same glass cube spire, yellow tiles, metal work)

And the Mulholland Fountain in Los Feliz (you can see they took design details from near the top of fountain).

Comment

• DCACM
            exDCACM
            • Jun 2005

Originally posted by Linus View Post
            Oh I hope the walls are down June 8th (the last day i'll be visiting the parks for awhile, since my pass expires the 9th)
            FYI: APs that expire July 1st or earlier can renew at the old prices.

---------- Post added 05-30-2012 at 08:08 PM ----------

Originally posted by SoCalFan View Post
            Here's the Glenarm Fountain in Pasadena (same glass cube spire, yellow tiles, metal work)

And the Mulholland Fountain in Los Feliz (you can see they took design details from near the top of fountain).
            Two of my favorite three LA fountains! The 3rd being the "Electric Fountain" at Wilshire/Santa Monica.http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_GmQj3LxBW7...-+Fountain.JPG

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
            Working...
            X